Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some of my colleagues are lazy work dodging gits. They’ll cherry pick the easy bits of work and leave the harder shittier work for others to pick up. Or they’ll make a meal out of something and spend double the amount of time that it should take them to do a task. I literally have no idea how they can take so long to do things! Luckily my manager is well aware of this and is trying to put productivity type targets in place. Hopefully they’ll have to start working harder otherwise they’ll be disappointed when it comes to end of year reviews, bonuses and pay rises.

Reactions: 8
Some of my colleagues are lazy work dodging gits. They’ll cherry pick the easy bits of work and leave the harder shittier work for others to pick up. Or they’ll make a meal out of something and spend double the amount of time that it should take them to do a task. I literally have no idea how they can take so long to do things! Luckily my manager is well aware of this and is trying to put productivity type targets in place. Hopefully they’ll have to start working harder otherwise they’ll be disappointed when it comes to end of year reviews, bonuses and pay rises.
I work with a cherry picker. She always leaves the crappy stuff for everyone else, because she comes in super early, settles in, takes a few items that have come in overnight, and coasts on those for the day. It has been raised to the manager a couple of times, they say they will have a word but nothing changes.

Reactions: 6
I work with a cherry picker. She always leaves the crappy stuff for everyone else, because she comes in super early, settles in, takes a few items that have come in overnight, and coasts on those for the day. It has been raised to the manager a couple of times, they say they will have a word but nothing changes.
It’s so annoying isn’t it! And you raise it and the manager says it’s being addressed but nothing changes.

Reactions: 4
It’s so annoying isn’t it! And you raise it and the manager says it’s being addressed but nothing changes.
I worked with a shift partner who did nothing all shift but shop for shoes online and look at houses for sale he could never possibly afford. He even told people I was his "assistant" even though we were equals. This went on for months because he and our manager were of the same ethnic background and the manager said he didn't want to "bring down" a man of their race. Well, he wouldn't have been, the guy was bringing himself down, but whatever. Then it all became crystal clear when I went out on leave after having surgery and we got a different manager. Suddenly they realized he did NOTHING. Complaints came in from all over. I transferred to another location but heard he had been put on a PIP and had been written up two times. He finally quit when the third writeup came. I, on the other hand, got promoted twice more. So at least all my hard work paid off.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The office expert. She (usually female but not always) is an expert in travel/ IT/anything medical/legal advice/ pet care because her husband/ daughter/sister/ etc works in those areas so she knows all about it.
It doesn’t matter if you have taken expert advice, she knows better.
And then tells the whole office why you have been given bad advice and should have listened to her

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Lower level managers who send you whatapp messages about stuff that's going to be going on at work the next day when it's your day off

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Not annoying…just funny.
It was my day off. Just out of the shower, stark naked, the phone rang and it was my boss who said
“Have you got anything on?”
Two people had phoned in sick and he needed me to come in.

• Haha
  • Sad
Lower level managers who send you whatapp messages about stuff that's going to be going on at work the next day when it's your day off
This is genuinely one of the reasons why I am now self-employed. The 'always on' nature of my work means people think this type of bullshit is acceptable.

Reactions: 7
Regarding WhatsApp, we have a team group chat which was initially set up for purposes of team info like "there's a massive traffic accident, I will be in a bit later" or "Facilities have informed us power will be out at 8am until 8.30am whilst they fix XYZ so whoever is first in the office, you may find the power still out but it should be back up by 8.30", that kind of thing.

However members of the team have used it for sharing videos of their grandchildren petting a cat, or photographing their brunch on their day off. 🙃 It's become like a team diary 🙄 I don't engage with "awwww" anymore.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Whenever I come back from annual leave and a certain thing hasn't been done and the persons excuse is 'it wasn't working for me'

Weird that, it never seems to work when I'm off. Just admit you don't know how to do it :rolleyes:

Whenever I come back from annual leave and a certain thing hasn't been done and the persons excuse is 'it wasn't working for me'

Weird that, it never seems to work when I'm off. Just admit you don't know how to do it :rolleyes:
I use this excuse sometimes 🤭😬 (not even that sorry about it lol) x

I worked with a shift partner who did nothing all shift but shop for shoes online and look at houses for sale he could never possibly afford. He even told people I was his "assistant" even though we were equals. This went on for months because he and our manager were of the same ethnic background and the manager said he didn't want to "bring down" a man of their race. Well, he wouldn't have been, the guy was bringing himself down, but whatever. Then it all became crystal clear when I went out on leave after having surgery and we got a different manager. Suddenly they realized he did NOTHING. Complaints came in from all over. I transferred to another location but heard he had been put on a PIP and had been written up two times. He finally quit when the third writeup came. I, on the other hand, got promoted twice more. So at least all my hard work paid off.
Excellent that all was revealed!
---
I'm annoyed with another barista who called our telco and arranged for the 'text my coffee order' texts to divert to her phone instead of the one kept at the coffee cart. (1) there was a charge of $25 for doing it - which she didn't seek my or my business partner's authority to do, and (2) she isn't in until Thursday and I had a very frustrating morning of people turning up to collect their coffees, only for me to look at them blankly.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
This sounds so petty when I write it down but my colleague just really pissed me off :ROFLMAO:

I put a teabag and sugar in my mug and put the kettle on to boil, but my phone rang so I ran back to my desk to quickly answer it whilst the kettle boiled.

In that time my colleague went in the kitchen, made herself a drink completely emptying the kettle and didn't even bother to re-fill it. My mug was literally on the side and there's only us 2 here so she knew I was making a drink! Considering the only milk in the fridge is my soya milk which I paid for, her drink is looking suspiciously milky too so she's pinched my milk as well! Cheeky cow :ROFLMAO:

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
People walking up to you within 5 minutes of you arriving at the office. Can you give me at least 30 minutes to regroup first?!

One of the worst things for me is when you are in an email conversation with one person and they respond and cc in loads of others who can then read your previous conversation (which you intended to be private).

Reactions: 14
One of the worst things for me is when you are in an email conversation with one person and they respond and cc in loads of others who can then read your previous conversation (which you intended to be private).
The worst type of arseholes. This has happened to me before.

Or when you send an email out and they “reply all” telling you you’ve made a mistake or if you can double check xyz.

• Heart
Yep, and they start with “I know you’ve only just got in”. Then leave me alone!
One time I had three different people come at me all at once when I had just walked in the front door. They were literally lined up. I told them I appreciated the welcome committee but I would at least like to put my purse, lunch cooler and car keys down before I start working.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.