Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was he hot at least?? 🤣

I sometimes despair at the pics some people at my work put as their outlook/teams photo. It's not bloody Instagram
Actually, I just came across one where the person is holding a huge bouquet of flowers. Like really?!

Reactions: 2
I called into my former workplace this morning to help someone with something they just could not understand (they took over my clients and this was something that crops up rarely and the whole process needs to be walked and talked through). I texted my former GM to get the okay first - his response was "Absolutely! Looking forward to seeing you." (I see him daily as he comes and buys coffee off me [and I don't give him a discount! 🤭 ]).

I couldn't believe how much the place has changed in the space of a few weeks. Aside from our GM, who has always had an office, we used to all sit together, open-plan style in a group. Now, the desks have been moved to face the windows right around the perimeter, leaving a big empty space in the middle where there's a pile of beanbags. It looks weird - everyone is sitting with their backs to the room when you walk in, and their screens are in full view of anyone walking past. Nobody sits on the beanbags - and I'm sure if they did, they'd be barked at to get back to work!

I'm so pleased I no longer work there. The phone kept ringing and nobody would answer it because they were too busy (legitimately busy, trying to meet impossible deadlines [there was a heck of a lot of sighing, huffing and puffing going on]), the stationery area was in a right mess with piled-up boxes and stuff jammed into shelves messily, overflowing rubbish bins and toner powder spilled all over the countertop, the GM was in his office, door shut and blind down (so nobody could see through his window) ... it seems some things never change. When I was there, a student used to come after school to help where needed, but apparently that's a thing of the past. Job done, I came away feeling like leaving was one of the best things I ever did.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I called into my former workplace this morning to help someone with something they just could not understand (they took over my clients and this was something that crops up rarely and the whole process needs to be walked and talked through). I texted my former GM to get the okay first - his response was "Absolutely! Looking forward to seeing you." (I see him daily as he comes and buys coffee off me [and I don't give him a discount! 🤭 ]).

I couldn't believe how much the place has changed in the space of a few weeks. Aside from our GM, who has always had an office, we used to all sit together, open-plan style in a group. Now, the desks have been moved to face the windows right around the perimeter, leaving a big empty space in the middle where there's a pile of beanbags. It looks weird - everyone is sitting with their backs to the room when you walk in, and their screens are in full view of anyone walking past. Nobody sits on the beanbags - and I'm sure if they did, they'd be barked at to get back to work!

I'm so pleased I no longer work there. The phone kept ringing and nobody would answer it because they were too busy (legitimately busy, trying to meet impossible deadlines [there was a heck of a lot of sighing, huffing and puffing going on]), the stationery area was in a right mess with piled-up boxes and stuff jammed into shelves messily, overflowing rubbish bins and toner powder spilled all over the countertop, the GM was in his office, door shut and blind down (so nobody could see through his window) ... it seems some things never change. When I was there, a student used to come after school to help where needed, but apparently that's a thing of the past. Job done, I came away feeling like leaving was one of the best things I ever did.
Wow, sounds like the place won't last, putting beanbags in the middle of the room and them all having their backs to each over is not a good sign. Sounds like putting a glittery bandaid on a massive crack. The GM sounds like he is headed for a breakdown 😬 I bet the others leave soon too.

Sounds like you made the best decision to get out of there.

Reactions: 2
My colleagues typing on teams.

....Typing....

(5 minutes later)

"Ok"

Your whole job is sitting at a computer typing, how can you not do it faster 😤

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I have just seen this, this would be my nightmare, I would not want a travel buddy every day twice a day either 😂😬 If on a train I would want to be alone with my thoughts. If driving I don't want to chat 😂
I drive, and it's bad enough that a colleague lives 3 streets away and occassionally asks for lifts. I would hate having to buddy up every day.

I feel this poster's pain 😱
Screenshot_20230223-115156.png

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I have just seen this, this would be my nightmare, I would not want a travel buddy every day twice a day either 😂😬 If on a train I would want to be alone with my thoughts. If driving I don't want to chat 😂
I drive, and it's bad enough that a colleague lives 3 streets away and occassionally asks for lifts. I would hate having to buddy up every day.

View attachment 1981532
When I still worked in the office I was really lucky and appreciated it as those who were getting the same bus would leave all interactions at a polite nod ! I also used to walk sometimes and a lot of others would take that route but we all just made sure we walk a few meters behind each other with our headphones or whatever we were doing 🤣

Agree this would be my nightmare too!

Reactions: 4
Someone has recently started acting up to management level in a sector of my company, and they reply all to Every Single Email we receive as a group. They're usually information emails about the services we use (that are always going wrong) and she will reply every time with something along the lines of "thanks so much for keeping us informed! We're trying to mitigate the impact on customers but blah blah blah" and I just need her to stop. Roughly 100 other people do not need you to tell us this, while we are also dealing with the impact on customers.

Reactions: 5

View attachment 1981532
I sat next to a guy who had the same commute as a lovely guy in our office. Only issue was that the lovely guy only ever wanted to chat business. Work was his life.

guy who sat next to me used to change into his trainers (before it was a bit more normal to do this) before leaving work and sprint to the station so he could try and avoid getting on the same carriage 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I hate when people send ‘hi newaccount’ on teams and then nothing else. Just state your request or question.

Reactions: 11

View attachment 1981532
Same here. I used to commute by bus, and I just wanted to sit back, daydream, look at stuff on my phone, whatever. Thankfully nobody else was on the same route 😁

• Heart
Not a work colleague, as she’s external but I had to work with a project manager recently who I can only describe as cold, lazy and arrogant. She was so difficult to work with it hurts my head. She designed and implemented a system that she didn’t share properly with me and now I’m staring at these blatant areas where I asked her to change things and she didn’t. It’s our compliance tool and I’m honestly just so furious with her. She acted the entire time as though she was far superior to me and hated having to bring herself to my level when in truth she’s bleeping tit at her job and has no attention to detail or customer focus. I actually threw her under the bus during one meeting which her colleagues were present in because I was so sick of her not sharing updates with me and ignoring my requests, but I shouldn’t have to resort to that to get some kind of traction with progress, surely? I’m usually very friendly and chilled but man she was hard work and now I have to stare at shut she has totally fucked up.

Reactions: 3
The IT guy at work starts every Teams chat with "gm ut". It drives me nuts because it's so unprofessional.

Reactions: 1
Same here. I used to commute by bus, and I just wanted to sit back, daydream, look at stuff on my phone, whatever. Thankfully nobody else was on the same route 😁
Same! Years ago, when I used to catch a train to and from work I would actively avoid people I knew or worked with, just so I could have that time to myself. It was the only time of the day where I could sit back, listen to some music or talk radio through my headset, and doze peacefully.

People who message me on Teams asking me non-urgent questions first thing in the morning

Today’s: “Please can I book a day off in June as Annual leave” sent 8.03am. Piss off and leave me to my morning in peace 😤

People who message me on Teams asking me non-urgent questions first thing in the morning

Today’s: “Please can I book a day off in June as Annual leave” sent 8.03am. Piss off and leave me to my morning in peace 😤
I used to get people who would approach me with a question or request when I had barely made it through the front door first thing in the morning. I still had my purse, lunch cooler and car keys in my hand and they'd be asking for stuff. Can I at least set my stuff down before you bum rush me??? I also had someone follow me into the bathroom to ask for something. I said "can I wipe before I answer?" They sheepishly apologized and left the bathroom. Idiot.

We have a booking system for desks at work. I showed up this morning and someone decided to sit at the desk I had reserved. She thought it was appropriate to sit at an already booked desk just to be next to her work friend when there are a lot of seats available elsewhere because it’s Friday.

There’s a booking system for a reason, use it.

It really irked me because some people think they’re above everyone else and if you don’t show up at 9am sharp, the seat is gone.

I honestly didn’t want to make a scene, but this is not the first time.

We have a booking system for desks at work. I showed up this morning and someone decided to sit at the desk I had reserved. She thought it was appropriate to sit at an already booked desk just to be next to her work friend when there are a lot of seats available elsewhere because it’s Friday.

There’s a booking system for a reason, use it.

It really irked me because some people think they’re above everyone else and if you don’t show up at 9am sharp, the seat is gone.

I honestly didn’t want to make a scene, but this is not the first time.
I’m a scene maker 🙋🏻‍♀️
Spent so many years being the bigger person and accommodating other people being pricks.

People using meeting rooms I booked, sitting in my booked seats on trains and planes, using my delivery of stationary items when theirs were not arriving until later that week.

I honestly tried so hard and tbh, it was mostly the males I work with. But now, nah duck it. I’m not a pushover and I am going to “sweat the little things”

Now I’m like “you’re in my seat” and just stare at them. I will literally stand there and make them look like a dick (and myself probably 🤷🏻‍♀️)
And the ones that will sit with their headsets or earphones on, please 🙄 you’re just giving me the opportunity to be louder.

fuckers

Reactions: 9
I’m a scene maker 🙋🏻‍♀️
Spent so many years being the bigger person and accommodating other people being pricks.

People using meeting rooms I booked, sitting in my booked seats on trains and planes, using my delivery of stationary items when theirs were not arriving until later that week.

I honestly tried so hard and tbh, it was mostly the males I work with. But now, nah duck it. I’m not a pushover and I am going to “sweat the little things”

Now I’m like “you’re in my seat” and just stare at them. I will literally stand there and make them look like a dick (and myself probably 🤷🏻‍♀️)
And the ones that will sit with their headsets or earphones on, please 🙄 you’re just giving me the opportunity to be louder.

fuckers
You’re right. Enough of people crossing boundaries.

I think what I’ll do moving forward is leave a post-it on the actual desk the evening before to say “Seat already booked for Friday XX”.

Like seriously. If people want to be rude, then petty is my name now. This one took my seat and kept giggling the friend all morning.

I spoke to another colleague who told me they had the same issue. Nonsense.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.