Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another department manager responded today to an email I sent a month ago, complaining that my info was outdated. Well, yeah, I sent it a month ago and you just now bothered to get around to reading it. šŸ™„
This manager only reads her email once a month. That's not my fault!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I just dealt with the rudest person in this whole company.

I have a company laptop and my charger broke down earlier this afternoon. My battery died and had no way of working. I therefore went to the office to request a new charger and the IT guy was like: ā€œ I canā€™t give you a charger off record, you need to raise a ticketā€.
Then I explained I needed to finish my work day and couldnā€™t raise a ticket because my laptop is offline due to the battery being down. He was like ā€œlook at the screen next to you, thereā€™s a numberā€. There was no number on that screen which I pointed out to him. Then he gave me a number to ring and raise a ticket. He was like ā€œyou do understand that I canā€™t give you a charger off recordā€.

I asked how long it would take to get a new charger and he was like ā€œI donā€™t know, I only get the charger when itā€™s deliveredā€.

They have chargers lying around and Iā€™m asked to raise a ticket and wait days to get a charger?! How am I supposed to work? This is ridiculous. I was about to ring my manager to escalate as I told him I needed a charger urgently to work. Then he finally gave me one. When I asked what to do with my defunct charger, he said ā€œdo whatever you want with itā€.

All this for a lousy charger. Iā€™m a hybrid worker. No charger means no work. He was acting like Iā€™d ask for a credit limit increase on my corporate card. SMH.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I just dealt with the rudest person in this whole company.

I have a company laptop and my charger broke down earlier this afternoon. My battery died and had no way of working. I therefore went to the office to request a new charger and the IT guy was like: ā€œ I canā€™t give you a charger off record, you need to raise a ticketā€.
Then I explained I needed to finish my work day and couldnā€™t raise a ticket because my laptop is offline due to the battery being down. He was like ā€œlook at the screen next to you, thereā€™s a numberā€. There was no number on that screen which I pointed out to him. Then he gave me a number to ring and raise a ticket. He was like ā€œyou do understand that I canā€™t give you a charger off recordā€.

I asked how long it would take to get a new charger and he was like ā€œI donā€™t know, I only get the charger when itā€™s deliveredā€.

They have chargers lying around and Iā€™m asked to raise a ticket and wait days to get a charger?! How am I supposed to work? This is ridiculous. I was about to ring my manager to escalate as I told him I needed a charger urgently to work. Then he finally gave me one. When I asked what to do with my defunct charger, he said ā€œdo whatever you want with itā€.

All this for a lousy charger. Iā€™m a hybrid worker. No charger means no work. He was acting like Iā€™d ask for a credit limit increase on my corporate card. SMH.
Youā€™d swear he had to buy it himself out of his own money with no hope of being reimbursed ever šŸ˜’ thatā€™s insane.

• Haha
I would 1:1 message him and ask him to knock it off. You donā€™t have to explain yourself, just tell him itā€™s getting old and he needs to move on. Pointless letting it go on any longer, I hate it when people think theyā€™re funny calling people out in front of a group - does nothing but make you feel like crap and them look like a total head.
Just reply sweetly that when you are working from home you work all day and donā€™t get drawn into pointless office chatters you are much more productive

Reactions: 4
Youā€™d swear he had to buy it himself out of his own money with no hope of being reimbursed ever šŸ˜’ thatā€™s insane.
Our IT support guys can be like that. They treat us like we are absolute knuckle draggers when we don't know details about IT (which is the whole reason they have a job!) yet overlook the fact they are all sad fucks with zero social skills.

• Haha
Our IT support guys can be like that. They treat us like we are absolute knuckle draggers when we don't know details about IT (which is the whole reason they have a job!) yet overlook the fact they are all sad fucks with zero social skills.
This is so true. He spoke to me like a was a second class citizenā€™s garbage and refused to look at me during our interaction. Never felt so disrespected in the workplace. He was acting like it was coming out of his paycheck and how dare I bother him for this!

Reactions: 2
Why do people send on an email on a Friday afternoon like 2 or 3 and then chase it up on Monday like they've sent it 3 days ago , so annoying

My boss really pissed me off on Friday afternoon as Iā€™m off this week on annual leave. She decided to collate a load of data herself, copy me in to take over when I return next week and then volunteers me to organise a load of events also on my return. None of this is urgent so why not wait a week until Iā€™m back rather than her usual halfassed handover where she will no doubt not hand it over completely and make the whole thing a hundred times more complicated. She loves to retain a bit of a job and then huff and puff when you have to ask her about her bit. So frustrating

Reactions: 3
My boss really pissed me off on Friday afternoon as Iā€™m off this week on annual leave. She decided to collate a load of data herself, copy me in to take over when I return next week and then volunteers me to organise a load of events also on my return. None of this is urgent so why not wait a week until Iā€™m back rather than her usual halfassed handover where she will no doubt not hand it over completely and make the whole thing a hundred times more complicated. She loves to retain a bit of a job and then huff and puff when you have to ask her about her bit. So frustrating
I had a boss who resented me taking time off, she was awful, she would make my life a misery about days I was off and even called me in once! Pathetic woman, terrible manager.

Reactions: 6
Group chats on Teams.

We have this group on Teams and every woman in my team banters together on it. I keep getting the ā€œding ding dingā€ bell every two seconds only to realize theyā€™re engaging in inside jokes I personally canā€™t seem get into.

It reminds me of MSN days when they cool kids chatted away together and you werenā€™t part of the group because not cool enough.

Maybe Iā€™m the problem lol.

Reactions: 5
I had a boss who resented me taking time off, she was awful, she would make my life a misery about days I was off and even called me in once! Pathetic woman, terrible manager.
I had a boss once that when I was due to take leave wouldnā€™t speak to me on the day before of the day I returned šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Group chats on Teams.

We have this group on Teams and every woman in my team banters together on it. I keep getting the ā€œding ding dingā€ bell every two seconds only to realize theyā€™re engaging in inside jokes I personally canā€™t seem get into.

It reminds me of MSN days when they cool kids chatted away together and you werenā€™t part of the group because not cool enough.

Maybe Iā€™m the problem lol.
We have one of these and I hate it. I donā€™t actually care enough about the people I work with to fake an interest in their lives. I just want to be left to get on with my job in peace, not read about their weekends.

Reactions: 12
People that rarely seem to take annual leave because work is "too busy". Get a life. Work will wait and time off is important. Plus it's often people who overestimate the impact their absence will have...

It's come to mind today because there's this annoying guy who I was going to book in a meeting with today but I saw he was off. So I was thinking "hurrah he's off for a week, he won't bother me!" Sadly he's only off today and, looking at his calendar, he's only taken the time because he's got some appointment. Take a week off, you get a break and the rest of us do, too. šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 15
The period talk reminds me of a situation I had years ago.

I'm someone who likes to be prepared, and I had a small bag in my top drawer containing pads, pain and heartburn relief tablets. I also kept one each in my car and handbag, just in case. I went to grab the one from my work drawer one day, silently relieved that I'd had the forethought to have this set aside, as I had a heavier than usual period and I'd used all the ones from my handbag -- only to find it near-empty. It turned out one of my colleagues decided to help herself! When I asked out loud if anyone knew who'd been through my drawers, she sheepishly admitted it was her, then turned the situation back on me as if I was the guilty party by saying I was making something of nothing and that I needed to calm down. It was straight-out theft and I complained to my manager about it, who agreed it wasn't on. She never did replace what she used.

From that point, I gave up taking things into work. I also had my mug taken off my desk, and a little USB-powered fan went missing (the air conditioning in that place never worked, so I took my own fan in).

You'd be surprised how many so-called professionals are dirty thieves - in the same place, stationery used to go missing at a shocking rate.
This is why I take a big backpack in every day and have to lug things back home. If you leave stuff on your desk it goes missing. For example, at my place if you left a multipack of chocolate bars on your desk to get you through the the month, if left partially open people would take one! It's not on the communal "cake" shelf that we have near the printer. Same if you bring your own stationery like memo blocks, they get depleted. I don't understand people taking stuff from peoples desks or drawers. We do have draws but we don't have locks. My colleague opposite me was on leave for 3 weeks recently, and has a bag of sugar in his drawer, for adding to his coffee. The amount of people I saw going in, taking the sugar bag with them to the kitchen and then coming back with it, while he was off! Just because he let you have sugar once when you forgot yours doesn't mean you can use it daily when he's not there . Buy your own!

I don't leave my cup at work any more after a chain smoker took mine and was using it. It had my initial on it, it's not like it was a communal plain one from the kitchen šŸ˜‚šŸ™ƒNow I just take a coffee flask tumbler thing and take it home to wash.

It might sound petty to some but I don't like people touching/taking my stuff.
---
This is so true. He spoke to me like a was a second class citizenā€™s garbage and refused to look at me during our interaction. Never felt so disrespected in the workplace. He was acting like it was coming out of his paycheck and how dare I bother him for this!
My IT department is like this sometimes, they act like they are the gods and we are the plebs ... However they majorly messed up a systems upgrade the other week and left the whole organisation with intermittent internet outage issues for days šŸ«£ muahahahaha
---
Bet she took all her leave days without question, though!

Last edited:
People that rarely seem to take annual leave because work is "too busy". Get a life. Work will wait and time off is important. Plus it's often people who overestimate the impact their absence will have...

It's come to mind today because there's this annoying guy who I was going to book in a meeting with today but I saw he was off. So I was thinking "hurrah he's off for a week, he won't bother me!" Sadly he's only off today and, looking at his calendar, he's only taken the time because he's got some appointment. Take a week off, you get a break and the rest of us do, too. šŸ˜‚
The flip side to this is having a boss who tries to dissuade you from taking leave. They will approve a day here & there but trying to get a week off is painful!

Reactions: 4
This is why I take a big backpack in every day and have to lug things back home. If you leave stuff on your desk it goes missing. For example, at my place if you left a multipack of chocolate bars on your desk to get you through the the month, if left partially open people would take one! It's not on the communal "cake" shelf that we have near the printer. Same if you bring your own stationery like memo blocks, they get depleted. I don't understand people taking stuff from peoples desks or drawers. We do have draws but we don't have locks. My colleague opposite me was on leave for 3 weeks recently, and has a bag of sugar in his drawer, for adding to his coffee. The amount of people I saw going in, taking the sugar bag with them to the kitchen and then coming back with it, while he was off! Just because he let you have sugar once when you forgot yours doesn't mean you can use it daily when he's not there . Buy your own!

I don't leave my cup at work any more after a chain smoker took mine and was using it. It had my initial on it, it's not like it was a communal plain one from the kitchen šŸ˜‚šŸ™ƒNow I just take a coffee flask tumbler thing and take it home to wash.

It might sound petty to some but I don't like people touching/taking my stuff.
Honestly this is the most annoying thing. I WFH now but in a job i had about 4 yrs ago people would just help themselves to whatever was in your drawer. One guy actually broke the lock on my drawer to get into it when I was off on holidays. He took a mug shot, crisps and a can of diet coke. He just found it funny that he had done this.
If you left food or a drink in the fridge you pretty much had to hide it at the back and under everyone else's as people would go in and take it! pure tramps.
One day I went into work to find someone using my cup and my pen, they had my pen in their mouth :sick:

• Wow
  • Sick
I have a colleague who regularly hurts my feelings when we talk, like I think he is trying to be funny but I absolutely hate the things he says to me and it puts me in such a bad mood. Iā€™ve just told him because itā€™s just got to that point, heā€™s upset me twice today and so I just said to him I donā€™t enjoy the negative sass comments you do, youā€™re great otherwise but I find the comments really draining.

he just messaged me and said ā€œthanks for the feedbackā€

I donā€™t feel bad about it - I need him to reflect on what heā€™s been saying to me. I donā€™t need people making ā€œfunnyā€ undermining comments to me, itā€™s irritates me so much especially when all Iā€™m trying to do is a good jobā€¦..

I work at a GP surgery. One nurse in particular is so lazy and will do anything to get out of seeing her patients. She usually leaves patients sat there for ages while sheā€™s sat on her phone in the hope that theyā€™ll get up and leave out of frustration. She also is meant to order in injections from the pharmacy but she doesnā€™t do it on purpose so she then has to cancel her patients that were due in for injections. That said, she doesnā€™t cancel them, she gets the admin team to do it so they get shouted at instead.

We also have a doctor who refuses to park in the doctors space, as she says every time she parks there, someone scratches her car. So she parks in another space, but then when she has to go on home visits she has to get 3 of us to move our cars.

We also hire out one of our spare rooms to a talking therapies bloke, he comes in once a fortnight and cycles in. He traipses mud through the entire building.

Really bloody annoying

• Wow
  • Angry
Honestly this is the most annoying thing. I WFH now but in a job i had about 4 yrs ago people would just help themselves to whatever was in your drawer. One guy actually broke the lock on my drawer to get into it when I was off on holidays. He took a mug shot, crisps and a can of diet coke. He just found it funny that he had done this.
If you left food or a drink in the fridge you pretty much had to hide it at the back and under everyone else's as people would go in and take it! pure tramps.
One day I went into work to find someone using my cup and my pen, they had my pen in their mouth :sick:
Ugh.
One place I worked, a lady went to get her lunch from the fridge one day, an M&S salad (not that it matters what it was but anyway) and someone had taken it.

You have to wonder at the thought process. Opening a communal fridge and just helping yourself to whatever takes your fancy. It's stealing, plain and simple.

I wonder if she had walked into the small coffee area where the fridge was, as they were tucking in, would they have pretended to think it was theirs. šŸ™„

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.