Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My out of office is on. I’ve told everyone I’m off til Wednesday. Yet people sent me emails on Friday (when I was also off) with stuff to do Monday. Now, in my company you get a preview of the out of office so you can see when someone if off if you bother to look. And all our calendars are public, so you can go get fucked lads.

Reactions: 18
When you ask someone a simple question and they reply with a big paragraph. I only required a yes or no :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My out of office is on. I’ve told everyone I’m off til Wednesday. Yet people sent me emails on Friday (when I was also off) with stuff to do Monday. Now, in my company you get a preview of the out of office so you can see when someone if off if you bother to look. And all our calendars are public, so you can go get fucked lads.
That winds me up, too. But yeah ignore it. I just pretend I haven't looked at any emails after I put my out of office on. If they kick off, I just say that my out of office message clearly said when I was off, when I'd be back and who to contact in my absence.

My rant -- and it's one I've covered before, but needs saying again -- pointless meetings. It's always the same few people who take it to the extreme. There's one at the moment and it's clear he has only got one project on, so to save him twiddling his thumbs, he keeps putting in meetings. Some are literally meetings about future meetings. I'm honestly not joking.

He always makes meetings an hour long, even if that's not needed, and he circulates detailed agendas in advance (again a sign he's got too much time on his hands). At the end of each section, he says "has anyone got anything else to raise before we move on?" careful to add the bit in bold as if to say: "we're not finishing yet". The worst thing is that there are a couple of people on the project who are equally as light on time, so they're also eager to arrange millions of meetings. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 9
Again...Colleagues coming in when they are obviously ill. Lady came in today with quite literally the worst cough I have ever heard (our employers are quite easy you can wfh freely) but no we were all wearing Christmas jumpers today and she 'wanted everyone to see her jumper'. Thanks for that pleasure we all now get a hacking cough for Xmas day 👎🎄.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Again...Colleagues coming in when they are obviously ill. Lady came in today with quite literally the worst cough I have ever heard (our employers are quite easy you can wfh freely) but no we were all wearing Christmas jumpers today and she 'wanted everyone to see her jumper'. Thanks for that pleasure we all now get a hacking cough for Xmas day 👎🎄.
Amen. My colleague who came in ill has passed it on to everyone else. She "feels so much better and glad she isn't ill for Christmas ". I feel irrational anger towards her as I'm typing this message with a horrendous throat and tissue shoved up my nose.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
We’ve had several people struggle in while clearly unwell - it doesn’t help that when they finally succumb and ring in sick, you can hear them being encouraged to just come in for a few hours 😡
On the other side of the coin, you get the ones who have spotted there’s a virus going around, and have “caught it” just in time to have Christmas week off - regardless of the fact it’s left the rest of the team so short staffed that we won’t even be able to get an early finish at the end of the week 😞 It’s always the same culprits; I could have won money on who would be off ill this week 😆

Reactions: 8
We’ve had several people struggle in while clearly unwell - it doesn’t help that when they finally succumb and ring in sick, you can hear them being encouraged to just come in for a few hours 😡
On the other side of the coin, you get the ones who have spotted there’s a virus going around, and have “caught it” just in time to have Christmas week off - regardless of the fact it’s left the rest of the team so short staffed that we won’t even be able to get an early finish at the end of the week 😞 It’s always the same culprits; I could have won money on who would be off ill this week 😆
Haha I know exactly what you mean,i guess it's happening in workplaces across the country then! 🙄😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Someone in my office came in unwell passed it to me. I stayed home as soon as I felt off. Other collegue came in with a streaming cold and hacking cough. I am now on week 3 of feeling like death warmed over. I had to cancel a holiday and have been to the doctor 3 times. All costing me a fortune and really dont think I will be having any kind of Christmas at all.
I had the time booked off but it was to relax and chill not.lie in bed and cough myself inside out.
Person in office got their entire family sick and is right as rain.
All they had to do was wfh no big deal.
I can guarantee when I get back to office in January there will be at least 2 people with colds and 1 with a hacking cough rocking up.
Im wearing masks permanently in there from now on as none of then have any common sense.

• Sad
Someone in my office came in unwell passed it to me. I stayed home as soon as I felt off. Other collegue came in with a streaming cold and hacking cough. I am now on week 3 of feeling like death warmed over. I had to cancel a holiday and have been to the doctor 3 times. All costing me a fortune and really dont think I will be having any kind of Christmas at all.
I had the time booked off but it was to relax and chill not.lie in bed and cough myself inside out.
I can guarantee when I get back to office in January there will be at least 2 people with colds and 1 with a hacking cough rocking up.
Im wearing masks permanently in there from now on as none of then have any common sense.
Clearly, some people learned nothing from lockdowns. I hope you feel better soon.

I’ve felt quite unwell the last few days, no way would I even consider spreading it round. Some people are so inconsiderate.

Reactions: 5
Someone I know literally went to the office last week ill because "she had to get out of the house". Wtf this is why I don't ever go in, glad I have the choice for now, but if we have to go back full time, I will not be happy because morons like that exist

• Wow
I hate to post this given this is a new role and I feel like I’m sounding like a chronic complainer at this point. However, I experienced some onboarding hiccups that could have been avoided with appropriate communication;”:

1. My new manager failed to inform me I needed to bring my laptop into work everyday. I moved internally and we didn’t use laptops in my previous role, just two desktop screens. I arrived on Monday and had to return home because I wasn’t informed they operated differently in this team and laptop was mandatory otherwise you can’t work.

2. No one requested my access to the floor I’m supposed to work on and I had to force the security team to grant me access after 3 days because people were sick and tired of playing door keepers. Access to the floor should have been requested by my team before I joined.

3. To top it all off, I was in the office this week and no one from my team showed up for various reasons so I was essentially on my own during my first week with no one to speak to in person.
I came back off mat leave and IT had restricted my access as I hadn't logged on for 90 days.... No one told them I was on mat leave or that I was due back.

Someone in our office keeps leaving the toilet unflushed after they've done #2s. This has been going on for the past fortnight, several times a day. Maybe it's more than one person? A plumber was called to make sure that everything was working as it should be (it was).

I honestly don't know who it could be as I know everyone very well - or at least I think I do ...

It's becoming a problem because not only is it a disgusting find for the next person who visits the toilet, but it stinks as they also close the window ... and the toilet is opposite the kitchen (there are doors on the toilet and kitchen but the kitchen door stays open all the time). It's got to the point now where we're all side-eyeing each other, trying to work out who it could be!
omg do you work with me !
This has recently started happening at my work too! Great big logs greeting you as you enter the cubicle 🤮 then you faced with dilema..do you ignore and use another toilet but risk someone coming in as you leave and thinking its you! or having to flush and clear up for someone else so no one else has to endure it !
If you're doing a no 2 at work wait till flush has finished before leaving..its not that hard surely?

• Sick
This is probably definitely a me-problem but I'm annoyed already by my colleagues today and I don't start for hours.

I've not seen most of them since 19th December and there will be SO MUCH SMALL TALK I'll have to indulge them in - how was Christmas/ what did you do for NYE/ whatever - and I just want to UNSUBSCRIBE - please only talk to me about work, and only then if you really have to, you insufferable shits!

Wish I was more tolerant/ they were more tolerable 😂

Reactions: 11
The absolute WORST are the ones who laboriously make you go through the whole “Happy New Year” rigmarole on like the 19th January. No, fuckettes. You get until the end of the first week, after which we MOVE ON.

• Heart
The absolute WORST are the ones who laboriously make you go through the whole “Happy New Year” rigmarole on like the 19th January. No, fuckettes. You get until the end of the first week, after which we MOVE ON.
I was just having a think about how long I’d need to put up with this for!

Reactions: 3
I’m dreading going in this morning! No such worries about the New Year/Christmas chat though - people can barely manage a good morning in my place, let alone Happy New Year 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not looking forward to going back today. The holiday went too quickly!

As others have said, there will be endless happy new year greetings and asking how Christmas was, plus I know today and the next few days will be busy because the amount of things people didn’t want to do before the Christmas break, hence pushed them out to this week. Joy.

Reactions: 4
omg do you work with me !
This has recently started happening at my work too! Great big logs greeting you as you enter the cubicle 🤮 then you faced with dilema..do you ignore and use another toilet but risk someone coming in as you leave and thinking its you! or having to flush and clear up for someone else so no one else has to endure it !
If you're doing a no 2 at work wait till flush has finished before leaving..its not that hard surely?
We have a phantom shitter too. We have narrowed it down to 4 people and investigations are ongoing. The boss has even sent out an email. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
It seems I got lucky that I just have a chest infection that is still lingering. Someone went to the Christmas party with Covid and several staff all had Covid for Christmas. This was because they didnt want to miss a free night out.

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I lost one day of annual leave because my previous manager gave me the wrong information for carryover allowance. I’m annoyed.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.