Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Humming! Not even a proper tune or a song. I can hear her even with my headphones on.

Reactions: 7
I feel like I'm too old/intolerant and too used to wfh to work in an office again. I've had enough of heat, light and radio station/volume battles, loud ignorant opinions, stinking lunches, disgusting habits, office politics and backbiting. Thank goodness I start a fully remote job soon 😄 just need to win the lotto now to really seal the deal!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My manager is driving me up the wall.

I am overseas for a project and I had a schedule conflict. One of my meetings for this overseas project was conflicting with another. I tried to get the meeting for the other project moved but the stakeholder was having none of it. I escalated to my manager to see if they could intervene.

Then the stakeholder said “TheGlossy accepted the invite so I thought she was available”.

It turns out I had unknowingly accepted the invite together with a batch of other meeting invites while asking to reschedule. Then my manager said “You accepted the invite, you deal with this. You made me look stupid”.

I tried to tell them I had accepted the invite without realizing and it was a human error. I wasn’t even aware I’d accepted the invite until the stakeholder mentioned it. Then my manager said: “I’m not getting into this, I don’t care”.

They sent me off overseas for a project and gave me zero to do. I don’t even know why I’m here. Then when I have an unreasonable stakeholder who doesn’t want to move any meeting and I escalate, I’m told to deal with it over a petty calendar mistake.

I feel I’m being set up for failure on purpose. Two years and a half, never had an issue. Suddenly I’m leaving this team and have my year end appraisal soon and I’m having these sudden issues. Not a coincidence.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
My manager is driving me up the wall.

I am overseas for a project and I had a schedule conflict. One of my meetings for this overseas project was conflicting with another. I tried to get the meeting for the other project moved but the stakeholder was having none of it. I escalated to my manager to see if they could intervene.

Then the stakeholder said “TheGlossy accepted the invite so I thought she was available”.

It turns out I had unknowingly accepted the invite together with a batch of other meeting invites while asking to reschedule. Then my manager said “You accepted the invite, you deal with this. You made me look stupid”.

I tried to tell them I had accepted the invite without realizing and it was a human error. I wasn’t even aware I’d accepted the invite until the stakeholder mentioned it. Then my manager said: “I’m not getting into this, I don’t care”.

They sent me off overseas for a project and gave me zero to do. I don’t even know why I’m here. Then when I have an unreasonable stakeholder who doesn’t want to move any meeting and I escalate, I’m told to deal with it over a petty calendar mistake.

I feel I’m being set up for failure on purpose. Two years and a half, never had an issue. Suddenly I’m leaving this team and have my year end appraisal soon and I’m having these sudden issues. Not a coincidence.
is this your new job? :eek: or did you not start that yet?

Reactions: 2
is this your new job? :eek: or did you not start that yet?
No, still in the “old” team. I still have a few more days left.

I was about to cry at my desk today because I’m tired of him antagonizing me then shutting me down when I try to express my point of view.

I’m really praying he won’t screw my year end rating on purpose as I’m leaving. I’m sensing something off.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Before this drama, he had scheduled a team lunch for my departure and someone else’s next week. I’m not going. As if I wanna be surrounded by such people.

I have a feeling he resents me because I got to go on the trip when he’s never traveled in this role and because I’m moving to another role that is promoting me to the same level as him when I’m 20 years younger not to mention, our previous manager didn’t want him to promote him to team lead and wanted me instead (the manager’s words not mine).

I broke something on the colour printer today. It jammed, so I pulled all the little coloured bits in accordance with their accompanying diagrams, and something snapped off ... and smelt bad. I put a note on it saying 'out of order', along with a suggestion to go to the print place over the road if anyone had any urgent jobs, and went to call the service providers. We have several black and white printers; this is our only colour one.

Within minutes, the accountant approached me, hands on hips, and asked who I thought I was. "Excuse you?" I responded - she started ranting and raving and all I could notice was how red she was getting and how wide her nostrils were flaring. Something-something- expensive-something-check with her first.

I'm normally a very laid-back sort of person unless really pushed, so I let her have it, asking her who she thinks SHE is to constantly interfere in things that don't concern her! Well, that did the trick because she scuttled off into her corner huffing and puffing and she hasn't bothered me since. Everyone else in the office went quiet and put their heads down, except my buddy who sits next to me, who was trying not to laugh.

I'm so sick of this fun sucker woman ... honestly, we've all tried so hard to make her feel welcome but she's just awful and our MD agrees, but doesn't seem to have the balls to get rid of her.

(For the record, we're all responsible for calling fix-it folks when we break stuff, or for ordering stationery if we use the last of something - nobody needs to seek permission to do so beforehand).

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I'm not having a good work day today!

I took the company vehicle out to pick up some things, which is an SUV with all the bells and whistles, and the minute I took it out the carpark it started beeping and carrying on. Turns out it'd run out of petrol and brake fluid! Thankfully there is a mechanic a street away who was able to fix the brake fluid issue because I wouldn't have a clue how to do that. He also gave it a bit of fuel to get me to the petrol station.

I don't know who took it out last, but it's annoying that whoever did, just assumed that the fairies would fill it up and take care of its maiintenance.

When I returned to work I sent a salty email to everyone about it ... between this and the printer issue from this morning, I'm feeling like the office nasty!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
When colleagues introduce their new babies as "our new team member".

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
My God my manager is clinically insane.

He pinged me this morning after yesterdays drama saying “Hello”. When I responded a few minutes later saying “Hi so and so” he went offline and hasn’t responded since.

I don’t know if he just got disconnected or if he’s playing some type of game but he’s really starting to get on my last nerve.

• Wow
  • Haha
Tomorrow is my last day and I've been treated like tit by some team members - including our HoD, who has gone out of their way to ignore me (and has also done this to other staff - I'm close to two people who have already left and both were ignored for their full 8 weeks notice). One member of staff has just emailed me to say "not too late to change your mind and stay!" Sorry, why exactly would I do that?!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
My manager’s manager never announced my departure to the global team yet announced every single departure the team has had before me. It’s quite disrespectful to be honest especially as I worked in this team for close to 3 years.

Yet he had the audacity to send the team a message on Teams asking us for feedback on workday to help him be a better team head. Let me have a laugh. It’s not feedback he needs, it’s a grip!

My manager’s manager never announced my departure to the global team yet announced every single departure the team has had before me. It’s quite disrespectful to be honest especially as I worked in this team for close to 3 years.

Yet he had the audacity to send the team a message on Teams asking us for feedback on workday to help him be a better team head. Let me have a laugh. It’s not feedback he needs, it’s a grip!
You should have great fun with the feedback before you finish up!

Went to make a cup of tea this morning ... there was a literal drop left in the milk carton which someone had put back in the fridge like that. Went to grab a teabag and someone had filled the teabag canister up while it was wet, resulting in soggy teabags.

Oh well, it's a nice day for a walk in the sunshine to go and get more teabags and milk ...

Not sure if anyone remembers my last posts about my boss/inappropriate colleagues but I now have a new job!! I start next Monday and I am so happy to be out of my toxic workplace. They gave me an exit survey to fill out and I was completely honest and wrote down everything that has happened to me the past year.

when I handed my notice in my boss was absolutely vile. Very passive aggressive, her adrenaline was obviously very high, she took it extremely personally which I just find bizarre. She immediately started arguing with me and said I had given her no indication I was leaving (the whole point of 4 weeks notice) I could go on but it’s honestly just drained me, I can’t stand the witch.

I didn’t actually get chance to tell anyone I was leaving before she shouted it out ifront of the entire office (multiple times), she held conversations about me where I could hear her going on about how she is already putting a new advert on indeed and just slagging me off every chance she got tbh.. some really nasty stuff said behind my back. She also mentioned how the future new hire needs to be more experienced than ‘HER’, referring to me. This only proves my point further as to why this is such an awful place to work so I don’t understand why she was so bitter as she hated me so much.

it came at a good time to be honest, I had a review meeting the day before I handed in my notice where she said I looked unprofessional and she wouldn’t want to introduce me to any stakeholders (keeping in mind I always look smart and she wears trainers and skinny jeans most days). She genuinely couldn’t even force herself to say anything nice about me, even though the work I’ve done is right infront of her she will of course take credit for it all.

I am now taking the rest of the week as holiday, I left with no card, no goodbye, no good luck. I am completely drained but so happy to be gone. Thanks for all your advice 🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I feel like I'm too old/intolerant and too used to wfh to work in an office again. I've had enough of heat, light and radio station/volume battles, loud ignorant opinions, stinking lunches, disgusting habits, office politics and backbiting. Thank goodness I start a fully remote job soon 😄 just need to win the lotto now to really seal the deal!
I hear you! A remote job sounds like bliss right now - where can I find one? 😂
Todays gripe:
Nothing says “we’re better than you low lives” quite so well as management issuing a statement than no one can have time off on December - then booking time off themselves in December 😡
And don’t even get me started on the rest of the rules and regulations around Annual Leave!
I’m so sick of the place right now that I’m considering jacking it in. I’d probably get more money and less stress if I cleaned toilets for a living!

• Wow
You should have great fun with the feedback before you finish up!
He ended up sending his feedback request to other people in the team but I received none. I guess he doesn’t want to hear real feedback and is only looking for people who will tell him how great he is.

I’ll never forget the way this man made me feel (less than). How he dared to treat me like I don’t exist after I resigned and after I’d mentioned to him my dad’s passing in the last few months. No humanity whatsoever. I guess he knows the way he treated me is why I’m moving on and he’s afraid I’ll write a super negative feedback that will stick with him.

Vile disgusting individual. Hope karma does its work someday.

• Heart
He ended up sending his feedback request to other people in the team but I received none. I guess he doesn’t want to hear real feedback and is only looking for people who will tell him how great he is.

I’ll never forget the way this man made me feel (less than). How he dared to treat me like I don’t exist after I resigned and after I’d mentioned to him my dad’s passing in the last few months. No humanity whatsoever. I guess he knows the way he treated me is why I’m moving on and he’s afraid I’ll write a super negative feedback that will stick with him.

Vile disgusting individual. Hope karma does its work someday.
Can you not ask your colleagues for a copy of the form, and send it anyway 😇

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Can you not ask your colleagues for a copy of the form, and send it anyway 😇
Unfortunately, I can’t because the request or initiates the form on Workday and picks recipients who will receive the form directly in their Workday inbox. He knows what he is doing - cowardish move. He was out here asking for “no sugar coated feedback” lol. If that’s truly what he wanted, he would have sent it to everyone.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.