Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People using "reply all" when it's really only one person who needs the info. There's an email chain in my office that's been going on since March. The portion relevant to me was resolved in April. Yet, I'm still copied on all the replies. Annoying.
Urgh I hate that!

I've got a similar thing where I've been included on emails about something because my name is similar to another employee's. I've told the sender of the emails so many times that they're not for me, but she never replies and keeps sending them anyway.

Reactions: 1
1. My manager who came to an agreement with a coworker allowing them to be off every Thursday for two years while remaining an FTE. I told my manager they need to disclose this information to everyone for the team to be aware in case of urgent requests etc.. The manager said no need and they don’t intend on telling the team. No need to inform that a team member will be off every Thursday for two years? Yes need. I’m not asking for the reasons why they came to this agreement, but simply for us to be aware in case.

2. Someone who basically said I’m not good at my job. A stakeholder asked me to provide some documents from a system and a manager said “I’ll pull them because it needs to be bulletproof”. This is the same rude stakeholder who dragged me into this adhoc project. It’s rude.

3. I was asked about a process a few weeks ago. Explained it.. they didn’t want to hear any of it. Then a male manager explained the process in the exact same way I did and the same stakeholders were like “Ok, that’s very helpful. We understand the process now”.
I’m honestly wondering if that’s because I’m a woman.

Reactions: 4
Asking " how are you, are you ok ? " everyday when I walk up to them because I'm bored
So today I said " no not really, my vagina is itchy and my tits hurt like they've been ripped off "
Cue hmm ok and walking off
Dont ask me then, you dont care so dont ask
Btw my vagina is itchy and my tits do hurt
Just say hello next time

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I really really really hate people who make jokes at other peoples expense and think you should be on board with it. I hate being teased it makes me just think the other person is an utter bleeping knob.
Fuckin bantz 🙄 I hate also that if you're not on board then *you're* the bleep!?

@Rodneytrotter duck those overfamiliar no-manners shitbags.

1. My manager who came to an agreement with a coworker allowing them to be off every Thursday for two years while remaining an FTE. I told my manager they need to disclose this information to everyone for the team to be aware in case of urgent requests etc.. The manager said no need and they don’t intend on telling the team. No need to inform that a team member will be off every Thursday for two years? Yes need. I’m not asking for the reasons why they came to this agreement, but simply for us to be aware in case.

2. Someone who basically said I’m not good at my job. A stakeholder asked me to provide some documents from a system and a manager said “I’ll pull them because it needs to be bulletproof”. This is the same rude stakeholder who dragged me into this adhoc project. It’s rude.

3. I was asked about a process a few weeks ago. Explained it.. they didn’t want to hear any of it. Then a male manager explained the process in the exact same way I did and the same stakeholders were like “Ok, that’s very helpful. We understand the process now”.
I’m honestly wondering if that’s because I’m a woman.
Manager in #1 for sure doesn't want people to become aware in case they might like similar treatment or have previously been refused similar accommodations. Or perhaps their agreement is in some way dodgy/ against policy.
Gross, and definitely in the best interests of the team for them to be aware.

Manager in #2 is probably wanting to present the documents in the best possible light, maybe even omit or massage aspects. They will at the very least be wanting to supply the documents with some context (ie, the figures may look damning, but not compared to the same time last year! Don't worry!) or reference specific key targets or whatever. They'll definitely not *just* be sending the documents on to the stakeholder.
Weaselly way of handling it, making it look like they don't trust you in front of a stakeholder. Yuck.

#3. I hate that you're probably right. Motherfuckers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Urgh I hate that!

I've got a similar thing where I've been included on emails about something because my name is similar to another employee's. I've told the sender of the emails so many times that they're not for me, but she never replies and keeps sending them anyway.
Annnddd...got another email from that exact same chain started in March. She attached some SDS sheets that go to the Safety department. I am not part of the Safety department. Nor am I supply chain, QC, customer service, planning or purchasing. Just stop!

It's not a 'work' thing per se, but we have a committee meeting every Sunday and it's unbelievable how it's always the same-old people getting the chairs out (and putting them away again), turning the hot water cylinder on (and off), getting all the tea cups ready (and washing up after) - and don't even get me started on minuting the meetings!

Some people are just happy to rock up, have everything done for them without so much as a "thanks" and of course they're the most vocal of complainers.
Before Covid my department used to have potlucks once a month. My supervisor NEVER brought anything but she always ate. And she'd gleefully announce it! "I never bring anything but boy am I gonna eat!!" And she'd even put together a heaping plate to take home to her husband. Announcing "I won't have to cook tonight!!" She never helped setup or clean up either. She was proud of being a freeloader 🙄

Last edited:
Someone telling me all about their holiday when I didn't ask them about it.
What the weather was like, what the food was like, what the flight was like, what the hotel was like, the sight seeing, and Kevin's third degree sunburn

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Someone telling me all about their holiday when I didn't ask them about it.
What the weather was like, what the food was like, what the flight was like, what the hotel was like, the sight seeing, and Kevin's third degree sunburn

Not Kevin's sunburn 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
When a meeting is cancelled and you have a temporary feeling of "yay I've got some time back!" only for someone who was on the cancelled meeting to instantly set up a meeting of their own in the same slot, as they know you're now free. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 6
When collectively the team has forgotten to run a validation report and individuals start blaming certain people when everyone has access and is supposed to be checking their own data. Just hold you hands up to the mistake, stop trying to pin blame on someone else.

I have a work colleague who is just SO LOUD. For context there's at most 5 of us at any one time working in a tiny office. She gets herself so excited over the smallest thing and it gets screeched at this painful high wail level. For example 'I REMEMBERED MY PASSWORD FIRST TIME THAT NEVER HAPPENS'
I can't cope anymore. Shut the duck up, shut the duck up, shut the duck up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Hate it where people treat the office cleaners, caterers or front desk security staff with disrespect. I've witnessed an occasional person do this, talking down to them, making a mess after they've just cleaned, or ignoring them when they walk in, and its really not nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Hate it where people treat the office cleaners, caterers or front desk security staff with disrespect. I've witnessed an occasional person do this, talking down to them, making a mess after they've just cleaned, or ignoring them when they walk in, and its really not nice.
It’s a sh**ty way to behave and it annoys me so much when I see the ‘very important’ people at my workplace behaving rudely towards the people they think are ‘beneath’ them. There’s no need for it, the cleaners and catering staff are just as important as the CEO in terms of keeping everything going.

Reactions: 8
Really petty but not including me in the afternoon drinks run. One person in particular but others often exclude me too. My desk literally faces the kitchen and they're calling over my head for what others want yet never ask me. Actually I'd love a coffee most of the time! I'm assuming it's because I'm not nursing staff and therefore don't work hard enough for a drink 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
When my son was young I wrote some stories for him with him as the hero.
I wrote them in nice easy to read words in a big scrap book and drew cute pictures. Took it into work to show some colleagues.
Since then one has “written” a book using one of my stories and had it published. Ok, self publishing, but even so.
Said the idea “just came to her”
Unfortunately my vicious ex threw out my original book so I can’t accuse her of plagiarism

Do any of you have to submit timesheets for how long you've spent on certain pieces of work?

I've had one rejected from last week and the Project Manager who rejected it has told me I booked too many hours for the project that week. Apparently I'm not down to do that many hours. She annoys me at the best of times so it's really wound me up today. 😂

Um, but that's how long I spent on it. She puts in a duck load of 'urgent' meetings which all take up my time and that's before the actual work I do for the project. I really want to send her an arsey message along the lines of: "So do you want me to just stop attending all your meetings and stop working on this project then?"

She lives in another world.
O extramarital I worked in were transferred to a different department based in a different location and had to fill in timesheets.
My boss insisted we put down 1 hour to miscellaneous admin and 1 hour to weekly team meeting..the maximum allowed.
Then took us to the pub on Friday for 2 hours instead of the regulation 40 minutes

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I wrote them in nice easy to read words in a big scrap book and drew cute pictures. Took it into work to show some colleagues.
Since then one has “written” a book using one of my stories and had it published. Ok, self publishing, but even so.
Unfortunately my vicious ex threw out my original book so I can’t accuse her of plagiarism
Mate, that's the absolute lowest of the absolute, rock-bottom low! I'm horrible so I'd be looking for retribution at every possible, petty moment.

Has anyone had a bad experience when handing in notice? I am doing it tomorrow and expecting the worst....snide/nasty comments etc.

O extramarital I worked in were transferred to a different department based in a different location and had to fill in timesheets.
My boss insisted we put down 1 hour to miscellaneous admin and 1 hour to weekly team meeting..the maximum allowed.
Then took us to the pub on Friday for 2 hours instead of the regulation 40 minutes
As an aspiring writer who wants to get traditionally published, the thought of someone stealing one of my ideas terrifies me. I feel your pain.

Has anyone had a bad experience when handing in notice? I am doing it tomorrow and expecting the worst....snide/nasty comments etc.
Yes. When I handed in my notice at my last place, almost 5 years ago now my manager made snide comments about where I was going. Asked if somebody who previously worked with us had got me the job, and then went through my entire Skype convos looking to try and prove somebody else has got me the job, when they didn’t. She then just completely stopped talking to me during my notice period. Luckily they let me go after a week and still had to pay me for the remainder so I skipped out of there like byeeee losers.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yep, i was told i was burning my bridges.... 😂🤷🏻‍♀️ all i did was hand over my notice, and i asked if i could take my flexi time i was owed which they refused so they gained about 10 hours unpaid work.
I now make 30k more than i used to so I'm quite happy to let that fire burn now.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.