Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a male work colleague and he’s a dirty bastard. Stands and picks his nose, scratches his arse, cleans his ears out with his fingers etc 🤢 I don’t know if he has no social awareness or if he is literally just that disgusting. It got that bad other colleagues actually said to him about it and he literally didn’t give a duck and kept on doing it. Worst of all is he sits with us for lunch and when he’s finished eating he’ll be doing his dirty habits. It actually turns my stomach, most days I don’t finish my lunch because I can’t stomach it. Dirty vile little man 🥴

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
That always bloody happens. Shame you'll have to decline :D.
I declined saying do you have any other times as this is the one time I said I can't make.

I have since had 4 more invites so I guess he didn't check anyone's clashes!!

Reactions: 3
WWYD in this situation 😅

I have handed my notice in, I have annual leave booked for the whole of next week. I have absolutely nothing to do at work which is my reason for leaving, I mentioned upthread.
My manager is on annual leave this afternoon and tomorrow. I work in an isolated office a 5 min drive from the main office. I am the only person in my office who has to go over to the main office occasionally. There's me, two women who have told me I should do what I am suggesting, and one lad who is a huge grass.

Should I announce to the grass later on that I will be going to the other office tomorrow to tie up any loose ends before I leave and then just have my work laptop on from home so I can iron and pack for holiday? 😅
Absolutely.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
People who do not do their job until you chase them. I'm not a babysitter. You're paid to do a job, do it.

Reactions: 5
we have a number of new starters on my floor and two days on the trot i have gone into the toilets to be confronted with a massive floater in the toilet!
Can people not just wait and check everything's flushed properly
im gonna stick a note up if it carries on ! 🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Also we have a colleague who doesn’t flush their jobbies and leaves them floating in the loo. It’s been going on for months now and we still don’t know who it is

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
We actually had someone putting bogies on the back of the toilet door 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

Thank god I WFH now!

• Sick
Reactions: 4
sing. It's bad enough I have to hear your tit music, I don't need you singing along to it

• Haha
So now my company is buying exercise equipment for some staff and hiring a trainer to come in once a week.
How much is that costing? And yet I cant get equipment needed to do my job as its too expensive.
They are now making those of us who havent joined up very uncomfortable.
I dont want to exercise with my colleagues in the middle of the work day and then go back to work. We have no shower facilities.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I was talking to a coworker who decided to go offline at 5.30pm sharp (our finish time) halfway through the conversation he initiated. He went offline without even a polite “have a nice evening”.

That’s honestly really rude. I get we finish at 5.30pm but you can just say “I have to go, chat tomorrow” especially as he initiated the chat shortly before finish time.

I then left a comment saying “You disconnected without saying bye, that’s really rude lol”.

I honestly don’t tolerate disrespect. No one forced you to ping me.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Project managers who make up actions that weren’t discussed at the meeting let alone assigned to people…. Seriously it’s not quite cricket from my perspective. Actions are agreed and assigned in the meeting, not just made up by Bob the PM on a whim.

• Haha
Project managers who make up actions that weren’t discussed at the meeting let alone assigned to people…. Seriously it’s not quite cricket from my perspective. Actions are agreed and assigned in the meeting, not just made up by Bob the PM on a whim.
I worked with a PM who used to make the meeting minutes and actions suit what he wanted afterwards. So we would have the meeting, I’d do the minutes & actions, he would ‘review’ them and change everything to what he actually wanted to have happened. I had to explain to him that minutes are a record of what actually happened as opposed to what you wanted to happen and that he couldn’t just make up actions afterwards. He thought that by distributing the minutes & actions it was grand, and that was how people were supposed to know about these extra actions he would create. He made a fuss to his boss about it as well, and I had to explain to him also and was basically told to leave him to it. So glad I left mid project!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I worked with a PM who used to make the meeting minutes and actions suit what he wanted afterwards. So we would have the meeting, I’d do the minutes & actions, he would ‘review’ them and change everything to what he actually wanted to have happened. I had to explain to him that minutes are a record of what actually happened as opposed to what you wanted to happen and that he couldn’t just make up actions afterwards. He thought that by distributing the minutes & actions it was grand, and that was how people were supposed to know about these extra actions he would create. He made a fuss to his boss about it as well, and I had to explain to him also and was basically told to leave him to it. So glad I left mid project!
Oh imagine if he was a woman and an assistant rather than a project manager 🙄 guarantee you it would have had a very different outcome.

Oh imagine if he was a woman and an assistant rather than a project manager 🙄 guarantee you it would have had a very different outcome.
Totally. It was very obvious his boss didn’t have any time or respect for women and the PM being desperate for his approval mimicked his behaviour a lot. I’m sure you can imagine how pleasant an environment it was 🙈🙈🙈🙈 I made a small mistake once and heard about it for weeks 🤣

Reactions: 1
Totally. It was very obvious his boss didn’t have any time or respect for women and the PM being desperate for his approval mimicked his behaviour a lot. I’m sure you can imagine how pleasant an environment it was 🙈🙈🙈🙈 I made a small mistake once and heard about it for weeks 🤣
Need an eye roll reaction!!! People do not spit their double standards!

Reactions: 2
Taking long personal calls while walking up and down the office. I don't want to listen to your conversations with your friends or your arguments with your wife mate, you're distracting and rude and you should get the duck outside or postpone calls until you leave work ffs.

Taking long personal calls while walking up and down the office. I don't want to listen to your conversations with your friends or your arguments with your wife mate, you're distracting and rude and you should get the duck outside or postpone calls until you leave work ffs.
The good thing about working from home is no longer being subjected to this!

I have a colleague with excess saliva, constantly slurping, like Charlotte Greedy (for anyone who follows her, you'll know exactly what I mean) - I've realised today why her speech irritates me so much, the slurping reminds me of said colleague. Ugh!

The good thing about working from home is no longer being subjected to this!

I have a colleague with excess saliva, constantly slurping, like Charlotte Greedy (for anyone who follows her, you'll know exactly what I mean) - I've realised today why her speech irritates me so much, the slurping reminds me of said colleague. Ugh!
I have a colleague that chews chewing gum with her mouth open and it makes that sticky chewing noise

• Sick
One of the guys in my office with spends all day singing along to whatever is on the radio, he can't sing and he also gets half the words wrong. Thank the lord I only need to come to the office 2 days a week.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.