Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I came out of a meeting to find someone who rarely washes their hands after being in the toilet using my phone. I had to discretely get the antibac wipes out and wipe it down.

• Sick
Reactions: 10
‘this is urgent’ with a ridiculously short deadline for no reason

9/10 times it’s not even urgent 🙄

Reactions: 9
‘this is urgent’ with a ridiculously short deadline for no reason

9/10 times it’s not even urgent 🙄
Similarly, "this is urgent" I reply, then don't hear back for a week then get another "this is now very urgent" email. Lol at this point I'm never gonna treat the urgency seriously

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I have a colleague that chews chewing gum with her mouth open and it makes that sticky chewing noise
I have a colleague with a similarly annoying trait, but with crisps.. but she has her mouth closed? Like real aggressive slow robotic LOUD chewing for ages but with her mouth shut...its just as annoying as if her mouth was open . Can still hear that chompage from the furthest point in the office away from her 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 4
I came out of a meeting to find someone who rarely washes their hands after being in the toilet using my phone. I had to discretely get the antibac wipes out and wipe it down.
Gross.
I wouldn't be at all discreet about wiping the phone. I would hope that they would see me doing it.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Whenever this one colleague has to say thank you for some unknown reason he puts on a high pitched voice and pronounces it 'fankoo'
Maybe most wouldn't find that annoying but it makes want to pick up my laptop and smash it over his head.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
All the unnecessary meetings. Don't get me started on 'pre' meetings 😜
I am drowning in meetings at the moment. It’s that ‘it’s Septermber, start of a new year and we’re all back from holidays refreshed and relaxed (erm … no) so let’s fill up everyone’s calendars with meetings, pre-meetings, post-meeting debriefs and meetings to plan out all of the meetings for the next year’. I need to have a word with my manager because I literally have no time to actually work.

Gross.
I wouldn't be at all discreet about wiping the phone. I would hope that they would see me doing it.
We've put signs up in the bathroom telling them to keep the area clean and tidy and also several signs to remind them to wash their hands but they just ignore them. They occasionally use hand sanitizer after they exit the bathroom as if it's somehow better? I mean it's good for my diet because i refuse to eat any shared treats in the office after they've had their hands in. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I've a colleague who is super socially unaware and professionally problematic in a number of ways, but management are too weak and afraid to address any of it.

I try to rise above most of it since it won't change, and ultimately it's his manager who will get in tit when he inevitably fucks up.

HOWEVER! He's so annoying and gross. He's intermittently smelly (that damp single guy smell 🤮) and frequently stretches or moves in such a way as to expose his hairy and overhanging belly from beneath his shirt. His hairy arsecrack is visible 85% of the time. Its just not what I need on top of everything else.

His vocal mannerisms and verbal tics are the absolute worst though, and since he can't keep any thought, opinion, or noise to himself, I find myself having to step outside, wear earphones, or just internally screaming whenever he's in the office and vocalising.

HE'S NOT EVEN GOOD AT HIS JOB!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Some People!, I am so sorry to laugh react but it's so similar to my experience with a guy in my office that I half wonder if you're one of my colleagues 😂 mine was in yesterday for the first time in a few days and is now off again, thank god, because he did my head in yesterday. One particularly annoying thing (aside from never doing any work) is that he insists on pronouncing food as "fuds". He was expecting a call back yesterday and asked me to answer his phone while he went out - "tell them I've just gone on a shop run for some fuds". Why? Just speak like a grown up! "Would anybody like some fuds from the shop?" no, I'd like you to piss off and never return!

• Haha
The work contributions. I don't want to contribute to the birthday fund for someone I probably don't like

Reactions: 12
Some People!, I am so sorry to laugh react but it's so similar to my experience with a guy in my office that I half wonder if you're one of my colleagues 😂 mine was in yesterday for the first time in a few days and is now off again, thank god, because he did my head in yesterday. One particularly annoying thing (aside from never doing any work) is that he insists on pronouncing food as "fuds". He was expecting a call back yesterday and asked me to answer his phone while he went out - "tell them I've just gone on a shop run for some fuds". Why? Just speak like a grown up! "Would anybody like some fuds from the shop?" no, I'd like you to piss off and never return!
duck, my stomach dropped thinking someone from my office was on here 😂

Can confirm my awful troll colleague is not yours - there's multiple of them out there!
You're luck yours has been out of the office, mine seems to live there, the little cretin.

"Fuds" is exactly the kind of stupid tit mine would come out with. Ugh.

duck, my stomach dropped thinking someone from my office was on here 😂

Can confirm my awful troll colleague is not yours - there's multiple of them out there!
You're luck yours has been out of the office, mine seems to live there, the little cretin.

"Fuds" is exactly the kind of stupid tit mine would come out with. Ugh.
Hahaha I had the same reaction but mine has recently taken to covering the arse crack thankfully 😂 oh mine LOVES leaving the office - multiple fuds runs a day 😂 maybe you should suggest it to yours?
He's been spoken to about the stench many times but it doesn't seem to have had a lasting effect sadly.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Hahaha I had the same reaction but mine has recently taken to covering the arse crack thankfully 😂 oh mine LOVES leaving the office - multiple fuds runs a day 😂 maybe you should suggest it to yours?
He's been spoken to about the stench many times but it doesn't seem to have had a lasting effect sadly.
Oh great, a third one.

Jealous that your trolleague has developed arsecrack shame tbh.

Mine is seldom at his desk for extended periods, he's always huffing and puffing in and out of the office (he's literally winded from walking up one flight of stairs) - avoiding work, involving himself in something no one asked him to, or yes, going on multiple fuds runs per day. He puts away an astonishing amount of garbage.

I can't imagine a) being spoken to about my stench (the shame!), or b) not addressing that stench, and on an ongoing basis! I don't think I could show my face again after the first conversation!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My annoying colleague can be really nice. But then on the other hand, when something upsets her, or stresses her out, she can literally be the most angry and horrible person ever!

I've just taken a message off someone for her, who was taking a message from someone else and she absolutely let rip about the first person taking the message!

I'm dreading the next couple of months as our office is going to be ridiculously busy and we are all going to be super stressed 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Im quiet at work, naturally shy, keep myself to myself. Popped into the staffroom at lunch to text my daughter. Whilst doing so, a colleague who is a gobby cow cracked a joke at my expense and everyone laughed. I was so embarrassed and then I was fuming, I hate being laughed at. I was just minding my own business, there was no need.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Im quiet at work, naturally shy, keep myself to myself. Popped into the staffroom at lunch to text my daughter. Whilst doing so, a colleague who is a gobby cow cracked a joke at my expense and everyone laughed. I was so embarrassed and then I was fuming, I hate being laughed at. I was just minding my own business, there was no need.
I really really really hate people who make jokes at other peoples expense and think you should be on board with it. I hate being teased it makes me just think the other person is an utter bleeping knob.

Reactions: 16
I asked another area for something that's their responsibility to provide. They initially ignored me and then when I chased them up, they said they were looking into it as part of a wider review and should be able to get back to me within two months.

The information was needed for work that we're doing now, so two months isn't acceptable. So I go back to them again (I've already wasted lots of time on it by then) saying I needed it sooner and was made to feel like I was being unreasonable and difficult. Some people...

• Sad
Reactions: 3
People using "reply all" when it's really only one person who needs the info. There's an email chain in my office that's been going on since March. The portion relevant to me was resolved in April. Yet, I'm still copied on all the replies. Annoying.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.