Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My boss likes all my Instagram posts and stories but clearly likes me the least and has done for years
😆 get off my page 😆

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
one guy calls my lovely at any time possible
“can i get a brew lovely”
“what are you doing tonight, lovely”
it’s bizarre, he’s also given me a nickname of “loz” which relates to my name in no way shape or form

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I'm no neat / clean freak by any means, but the state some people leave their keyboard / mouse in... :sick: I'd forgotten the dongle for my wireless keyboard & mouse when I was in the office a few weeks ago so had to use someone else's, with nothing to hand to clean them. They were so caked in gunk and grime I was nearly gagging using them and very conscious not to touch anywhere near my face 😂

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I'm no neat / clean freak by any means, but the state some people leave their keyboard / mouse in... :sick: I'd forgotten the dongle for my wireless keyboard & mouse when I was in the office a few weeks ago so had to use someone else's, with nothing to hand to clean them. They were so caked in gunk and grime I was nearly gagging using them and very conscious not to touch anywhere near my face 😂
One of my team mates quit last week so I was collecting her equipment for the IT department to clean up.
She had a brand new desk for about 6 weeks and it is disgusting, basically its one big food stain.
If she was happy to leave her work space like that I wonder how disgusting her house is.

Reactions: 2
I am literally loosing my sanity with my manager!! I get cannot do anything right! So yesterday one of my children were I’ll so I had to book annual leave as I don’t have any other support to help. Bit of context I work 9:15 - 2:45PM & at 2:30pm my manager sends me a msg to ask am i in work today ? … this is on teams where it’s very clearly visible I am online and have been all day which I stated back. I was then told I needed that have told her I was in work 🙄 where else would I be if I hadn’t book annual leave or called in sick. 😡

• Haha
  • Sad
A colleague is on leave this week, and I've been tasked with minding her patch. She assured her manager and me that there was going to be little to worry about, as she had everything under control and had ticked everything off her task list. Well ... the opposite is true! It's very frustrating and because everything is in such a mess, the two of us are having trouble trying to understand where things are at.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I’ve spent weeks trying to figure out an issue with something and need someone else to look into part of it. They’ve replied they “know what the problem is.”… followed up with something so obvious and already accounted for. Shove your full-stop 💁🏼‍♀️ Anything to get out of doing their job this lot.

Reactions: 1
A colleague is on leave this week, and I've been tasked with minding her patch. She assured her manager and me that there was going to be little to worry about, as she had everything under control and had ticked everything off her task list. Well ... the opposite is true! It's very frustrating and because everything is in such a mess, the two of us are having trouble trying to understand where things are at.
This exact thing has also happened to me, I’ve spent the last week clearing up my colleagues mess and getting none of my own work done because of it. My boss told me clearing up her mess was the priority but I just KNOW that tomorrow I’ll get told off for being behind on my own work. Ugh.

• Sad
When we start work at 9am and Maureen walks in at three minutes past and some unwitty clever clogs colleague shouts out 'afternoon maureen!'.
It wasn't funny the first time and it's not funny to keep repeating the same line everytime a colleague doesn't make it for 9am on the bleeping dot, Darren.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
When we start work at 9am and Maureen walks in at three minutes past and some unwitty clever clogs colleague shouts out 'afternoon maureen!'.
It wasn't funny the first time and it's not funny to keep repeating the same line everytime a colleague doesn't make it for 9am on the bleeping dot, Darren.
I agree with Darren, no need to be late. Everyone can make excuses, traffic, train periods etc. Pull your fking figer out and get to work on time.

I have a new colleague who arrives just before 8.30am (our start time to be logged on and ready to go), she switches her computer on, puts her bag away then goes to make her cup of coffee so isn’t sat down until 8.34. It’s daft but it’s annoying 🤣

• Haha
I used to work with a woman that came in on time then immediately went to the loo for about 10 minutes, then went off to get water, spent ages cleaning her glasses and fussing about with the windows so about 25 minutes would go by before she even did any work.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think it's fine to be annoyed if someone's lateness affects your work (eg when I worked in hospitality, someone being left for their shift meant others had to stay longer or work twice as hard) but if everyone is working on their own tasks then who cares what everyone else is doing. That's part of why I like working from home, if someone's work output doesn't affect me then I don't care if they get paid the same as me but spend their day wanting at the desk instead of delivering what they need to

I logged in at 9am this morning and someone ping me: "Morning, how was your weekend". I responded and politely asked about theirs. They responded followed up with how the manager is annoying them and how they don't like the team.

We both dislike the team and we've talked about it at great lengths BUT it's 9am on a Monday morning. If you're gonna complain, please wait until I've finished my coffee. Complaining at 9am on a Monday is far too violent for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I agree with Darren, no need to be late. Everyone can make excuses, traffic, train periods etc. Pull your fking figer out and get to work on time.
I wasn't sticking up for Maureen 🤦 My comment was about the broken record repetative line that Darren pulls out EVERYTIME someone is late.

I wasn't sticking up for Maureen 🤦 My comment was about the broken record repetative line that Darren pulls out EVERYTIME someone is late.
And to be fair, unless Darren relies on Maureen to get on with his own work, then it's not really any of his business why she's late. Nothing worse than clock watchers making notes on their colleagues comings and goings. Just because Darren is logged in at 8.30am doesn't guarantee his output is better than Maureen's. I would have thought in the office world, post pandemic that we moved past punching in for 9 and out for 5 🙄

Reactions: 10
100% agree. I’m glad I no longer have the kind of job where somebody else decides exactly when I should start and finish. Nightmare.

Reactions: 5
100% agree. I’m glad I no longer have the kind of job where somebody else decides exactly when I should start and finish. Nightmare.
Same. I love the days I work from home. I blitz through my work without distractions. There's a lady at my office who is really nosy and loves to pass comments like "leaving early today Billy" or " I thought you weren't coming in today Jane when you weren't here when I arrived. She's of a generation that had to clock in and out of work and it's never left her. She doesn't work from home and she asked me once how I can prove I'm actually working 😂 it's called trust Gina, if I'm not closing out tasks it will come to light 😵

I rarely go into my office anymore - probably once a month, if that - but this past week I have been in almost every day. We're supposed to hot desk but nearly everyone seems to have found their new favourite desk so sits there, myself included. This means I've been sat near people who I knew from passing in the office etc, but have never properly worked alongside.
Anyway, this one colleague who I've been sat with for most of the past week is one of those people who can't just say bye at the end of a call. Its always "bye! Bye bye bye bye bye bye..." super quickly but gradually fading away. Does anyone else know someone that does this? How annoying is it!!🤯🤯
I can't even tell you how many times he has been on the phone today and its always the "bye! Bye bye bye...." at the end of every. single. call.

After today I'll be wfh until further notice and I cannot bloody wait 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.