Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TheGreatestShowman

Chatty Member
For me , she used to be like a breath of fresh air. It was lovely to discover an intelligent individual on Instagram that provided real thought provoking content then as always over time the “friendships” with the usual bunch of ‘instahuns’ start appearing and then the affiliate links start creeping in. Yes I totally understand that people need to earn money but for me any kind of affiliate link completely devalues the content and engagement.
She protects her children’s identity which anyone with any intelligence would do.

Reactions: 13

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Lockdown course for mums??!!! Really anna? I know you're a greedy, grabby fuck but making money from vulnerable mums in a pandemic is low even for you. Stop guilt tripping mums into buying/donating/swiping/ sharing.

Priviledged prick.

• Wow
Reactions: 13

Oliviabob

I really like her content. Maybe I am being naive but she seems more ‘real’ than most.

Reactions: 12

Londoner

I’ve unfollowed few months ago. I’d seen how she had ranted when questioned about add link for the leggings.
I used to like Ana, like most people there felt she is a genuine and ‘different’
But all I can say is she is a clever business woman and the advantage that her degree gives her is in how to manipulate followers.
She is clever in the way she does it, you almost don’t notice it.
She can’t stand a mess, but then figure out she is not relatable so must show her messy house.
She can’t cook, appears scatty, struggles, messy house, vulnerable ( I’m just like you guys ) but I believe it is quite the opposite. I think she is cashing on a trend.
Yes she replied to people but that’s because she is a clever, professional not because she is a ‘nice’ girl and likes you.
I can completely see through this.
Oh and the moment she started mixing with Instahuns, need I say more.

• Heart
I think she is fishing for compliments about how good she looks in a swimming costume! Which she does 😂 But I wouldn’t want my clients to see me in my swimming gear 🤷🏻‍♀️
She is gagging on compliments. Every angle, pose and expression is curated for maximum adoration.
And we are supposed to then believe the next post about how we shouldn’t compare ourselves to others.

Her entire proposition is dependent on comparison which leads to feelings of longing/confusion/inadequacy.

Can’t help but think she is a mean girl pretending to be a sweet girl. I wonder if she was the girl at school who pretended to not do any revision, so she could beat all her friends in exams/tests.

Probably can’t cope with having friends who are prettier/thinner/richer/posher than she is. Thus her need to have the following of those who appear inferior.

A very fragile ego.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Wolf359

Chatty Member
It’s a stealth ad for the cossie. The next story will be a “loads of you have been asking me about my swimsuit...” post, with a swipe up, of course.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
She's always got to create fake drama, so contrived. I can't think of any worse way to earn a living than to trick people into believing you're an absolute mess. Watch out for the swipe up to the new course... Happiness during Home schooling, Managing your mind whilst managing maths, Relaxation Techniques for Teaching at home.

• Heart

Basicbasic

VIP Member
A book to sell, capitalising on poor new mums! I sometimes feel the whole of Insta is set up to exploit and pick on mother's and women. It's insane. If I had a friend who was a mum and was struggling the last thing I'd tel her to do is but an expensive book about how our anxieties are part of us. I'd ask her to speak to a health care professional and see if she had a real life support system. Have they all really learned nothing from the clemmie debacle.

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
If you don’t like the attention on your birthday it’s very easy to just simply not mention it’s your birthday. No one need be any the wiser.
I used to work in education and one of our team asked everyone for our DOB so that there could be a little celebration on the day/week (the usual desk decorating etc.). I deliberately provided an August date thinking I was being clever as school is closed and we'd all be on summer holidays. Nope. They didn't want me to miss out so did a surprise gift,cake,balloons thing on the last day of term. I was mortified- I can thing of few things more awkward than work colleagues gathering round your desk to sing you Happy Birthday 😆

I felt so bad for lying that I confessed that my actual birthday is in October and explaining that I didn't really like a fuss. The fuckers did it all again on my real birthday just to wind me up.

I'm so glad she took 20 seconds to upload a story telling me that she's running late to get back to her nanny and that she's randomely carrying a golf ball. 😴

Last edited:
  • Haha
She appears as someone who is scatty. In her head as well in the outside world. She was presenting herself as this perfectionist / high functioning persona but I actually think she really isn’t. Maybe that’s the person she’d like to be. More you watch Anna more you get the sense she isn’t sure who she is herself.
Yes still don't get the high functioning bit , when she has a live in nanny, cleaner and pa, and frequent melt downs - not high functioning at all

Clearlygullible

I've completely fallen under the Anna Mathur trap and im beyond devastated as I thought she was so genuine. I cant believe she has a nanny. She used to be - so I thought - so relatable and kind and genuine and I used to tell everyone about her and now I just feel conned

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
I can’t make up my mind about her. I like that she doesn’t do a lot of ads, just self-promotion. But her eldest sounds like a really high-maintenance whinging brat. Whenever he’s in the background of her stories he’s always screeching like a bloody banshee. Also find it hard to relate to her struggles when they can clearly live very well of her husbands income alone, yet she chooses to work (admittedly from home quite a lot) but is always harping on about what a hardship motherhood is? If you find it such a struggle love, leave your work for a few years, prioritise your children, and quit whinging about it 🤷‍♀️

If you choose to work when financially you don’t need to, please don’t have the gall to preach to me about how hard the juggle of work and parenting is!

Clare

VIP Member
Anna is that you??? 🤣🤣🤣

More and more people are questioning her account because 1. She doesn't have that much experience as a therapist 2. She is constantly flogging her services without any sign posting to free nhs resources which are the same/ similar to her offerings but at zero cost 3. She hides her huge haul of gifted and ad items in stories 4. As a therapist she knows the dynamic here is one of vulnerable followers and exploitation. That's the Insta model and it really is not acceptable.

Also anna, as you've joined us on this thread, please explain why you keep selling those awful extortionate prices cards when you know the evidence base for using them as a mood enhancer is zero. It's pure exploitation. Your growth had been off the back of mental health issues and exploitation of vulnerable people.
I have to agree. Although there are a lot of good people on insta who offer professional therapy services (I have no opinion on her professional services) I think it becomes very murky if you are simultaneously offering mental health services AND doing gifted/ad content too. The two should not mix. See Michelle (previously Dear Orla) - a complete professional. Not dicking about with flogging stuff, she just focuses on what’s important.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
If she’s aiming for relatable she’s sorely missing the mark for me. She has a lovely house, a part time nanny, cleaner, husband who clearly helps out, and no financial concerns at all. So go buy yourself some underwear love....honestly....she makes such an unnecessary fuss about things she just makes me frustrated at her inability to cope with life. And yes Anna, at one stage I had 3 kids under 5 and two wonderful step-children living with us. I always had enough pants to wear 🤷‍♀️

Clare

VIP Member
Been reading here Anna 👋🏻👋🏻 Don’t judge or compare people’s situations?!? I will very easily compare my life to yours and object to you when you’re trying to tell me you’re finding homeschooling hard when you have a full time employee there to do that for you. Unless your situation has changed and you’re doing this single-handedly?? Otherwise, stop being so patronising, be grateful you’re not doing this alone on top of work or making impossibly difficult choices to send your children in to a school setting. Check your enormous privilege and stop crying out for attention. A gratitude journal might be useful for you in 2021...

• Heart

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
Wow all hail queen Ana! How did she find the cure to motherhood? So selfless to have found the cure and not go a day without choking it down our throats. Maybe find a cure for your constant need for validation and adoration too?
Maybe she sent him an aff link instead? With a side portion of a strong girls course at a knock down price

• Haha

Italy2

Chatty Member
Yes I completely agree that Anna is on this thread and is constantly engaging with feedback here.

I agree that no one has to declare their privilege so much on social media but then again no one has to moan and complain about their problems on social media so much. Remember don't complain, don't explain.

Anna is constantly complaining and hence the constant need to explain with messy kitchen and home and messy face.

She is a very privileged white woman with no financial worries, her children are healthy and lovely, husband who is lovely and looks after her so much. My point is that she is not in the same boat as the audience she targets. People are so naive and it's easy to exploit them with their vulnerabilities and problems.

What I want to say is Anna is not in the same situation as the Karen who is buying her cards.

If buying her cards really helped anxiety and reading her book really helped anxiety, then why does Anna still have anxiety? All the books in the world can't cure anxiety. You have to work on it everyday little by little and being negative, passive aggressive and whingy all day is not the way to do it!!!

I hate when all these privileged influencers and celebrities say we are all in the same boat. No we are not in the same boat!!! We may be in the same storm but our boats are very very different.

Alot of mums in this country can't even provide more than necessities for their children and have anxiety and post natal depression but they are not in the same boat as Anna.

I really really think that your circumstances in life really play a part in your personality, mental health and lifestyle in general.

• Heart