Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KerChing

Chatty Member
Unbearable. If I’m busy to the point of overwhelm, I don’t have time to come on Instagram and moan about it, oh, and tell people where my jumper is from 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Basicbasic

VIP Member
The level of patronising content and exploitation is horrendous. Her new book is called 'mind over mother'. And it's going to ''change people's experiences of motherhood'!!. Wow Anna, nothing you say or do will change my experience of motherhood. It's my journey and mine alone so please don't place me in a homogenous mass of 'mothers' you think you can cure with your contrived words and poems.

The assumption that buying her book will make us better mothers, or cure pnd on any level is patronising and absurd. Speaking from my own personal experience nothing in any book would have changed my experience, that change came from medical assistance. Now that she has another product to sell her portrayal of herself as a stressed new mum will escalate. She likes to pretend to embody the characteristics the 'mothers' she writes about.

• Heart
Im going to put it in black and white and hope that she reads this.
Anna, you are struggling with parenthood (despite your massive massive position of privilege) because quite frankly you are addicted to your phone and yourself. Put it down, focus on the life infront of you, and not the admiration of others. Stop trying to be something your not.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
I'm less concerned about the lies and contrived situations and oversharing. For me the professional ethics of manipulating and exploiting vulnerable mums/ women is the most worrying aspect. Also, I think her writing style is awful, she has terrible grammar and sentence structure and repeats the same shit ad infinitum.

I suppose once you churn out a 'course' and make a cool 20k it must become addictive. Surely she will run out of courses soon, they're repetitive with information taken from textbooks on anxiety and stress.

• Heart
Anna has time to sort her children’s Lego into colour coordinated piles. It took all day. And then she went out for dinner.

She has a cleaner, she has a nanny and she has a hands-on husband.

And in case you are wondering, we should accept all of this and not question her motives. Because she has (had?) mental health issues...

Anna - what do you really want us to see - your mental health struggles or do you want us to unconsciously salivate over your wealth, your order, your superiority?

The people watching - what a number you have done on them.

They don’t realise you are seeking to make them feel inadequate so you can then make loads of money from their anxiety and their despair.

I bet 98% of the people watching, have a fraction of your disposable income.

I wonder what you could do today - maybe you could sort some dry pasta, or grains of rice into groups of even numbers.

And then have a manicure, buy a few cashmere jumpers and have a lovely lunch with a (woke) girlfriend.

While telling us you had a panic attack, in 2010, on the bus to work (although probably you didn’t get the bus - ever).

• Heart

Peeperspeeled

Reading this thread finally turned me from lurker to poster :LOL:. Amazing.

I had the pleasure of meeting Anna online in a small group when she was pregnant with her eldest son in 2016. She already had a cleaner, an underlying loathing of poor Tarun and a flair for woeful drama then.

Despite us all being pregnant she was obviously the only one going through it and only her lengthy posts and crying perfectly made up selfies mattered. It only got worse as time went on. She is a total shit show. I have never come across someone so self absorbed. All the moaning about Tarun working long hours was bull too, he was home for dinner every flipping evening. Usually to find his wife crying in to her large gin if her many photos were to be believed.

Even in a very close mum's group she was never a friend and always a superior. Her job was constantly shoved down everyone's throat in equal measure with her breakdowns. She perked up a bit when they bought that house. That's when she flounced back suggesting she had a plan to market herself and was working with various people to do this.

I think the whole mamas scrapbook phase was very toned down so to the people saying she has changed I put it to you that she hasn't - she just kept a lid on the chaotic self absorbed shit show on there for a while. She is indeed the epitome of a narc.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
How dare she appoint herself as the mouthpiece of stressed women/mums/ pregnant women everywhere. Women are not one homogenous mass, we are diverse, we are strong, we are able to learn and develop our own coping strategies, we fall, we rise. According to Anna we're all one big weepy mess who only SHE can help. Fuck off Anna. You don't work (I don't deem Insta crying photos and rage stories as work), you have zero accountability, you have ALL the help in the world, you live a millionaire lifestyle in a million pound house. Stop speaking for less privileged women. In fact just STOP. If grazia wanted true representation they'd have picked someone to speak on this topic who deals with actual hardship and stress. Shame on them and Anna for this performative bullshit.

• Heart

Italy2

Chatty Member
She is a very wealthy privileged and lucky girl who tries so hard to relate to the average mum struggling to make ends meet.

Here is an example of Anna just moaning about something in life and playing up the anxiety...
She has a £750 John Lewis lamp in her living room but Anna would never mention it. She would happily story all day about how Florence cried in the car though....

Attachments

• Wow

TheGreatestShowman

Chatty Member
Yes I completely agree with the above. She is in a different league to the content provided by the majority of other influencers.

Reactions: 13

Linkylu

Chatty Member
Should she really be sharing this information with potential and real clients as a health care service provider? Are therapists not required to maintain professional relationship with clients?

Also the whole new montage of I used to be this and now I'm this... Honey you are only in your 30s and people don't develop their personalities until their 20s anyway so what's the whole deal about you being a completely different person some 5 years ago????? It's not like you are a 50 years old with years and years of bad habits that need serious work to change them..
Yes, they are supposed to adhere to professional boundaries otherwise the professional distance just gets blurred, it’s one of the key requirements to practice by their regulating body. Imagine going to your midwife or GP/nurse having read about their underwear, moaning about their partner, seen them lying in bed and generally tearful and overwhelmed by stress daily (except in their cases it would be justified).

• Heart

Basicbasic

VIP Member
She screams privilege but that doesn't get her followers or praise. So instead she very carefully and stealthily creates scenarios of stress and chaos (messy kitchen, unmade bed, teary selfie, kids being annoying, struggling on alone during the week). This then allows her to preach to us about all the feels and write her lengthy captions about anxiety, depression, worry, motherhood, pnd and any other ailment commonly associated with motherhood. I've seen this tactic a lot and was able to recognise it from the start but so many doesn't and now she's applying emotional pressure on her followers to buy her book. I'm the early days it was the overpriced cards. She's a complete charlatan.

It's the fake, contrived creation of real life scenarios mums face that is the most disingenuous... do you worry about being a mum? Fed up of the kids? Need a good cry? Feeling anxious? Struggling with juggling? All thesequestions make her seem relatable, but sadly for her the facade is dropping now. We are in a pandemic and have zero interest in lining your already very filled pockets anna.

The reality is she a wealthy, white rich woman who wants to make money from a vulnerable and already massively exploited demographic.

• Heart
I understand her post about intrusive thoughts. When I had PND I used to think all the time ‘What if I pushed the buggy into traffic?’ or ‘What if I drive the car into a wall?’

It’s not about actually harming your baby (I never would have harmed mine). It’s a symptom of a particular kind of mental illness. I’m glad she shared as it’s fucking horrible and isolating (especially as it is such a taboo, as is illustrated by your comment).
There is absolutely nothing wrong with talking about all manner of mental well-being/mental health challenges and issues. They can be as normal as wanting some peace from your family, on a Sunday afternoon, to having deeply shameful intrusive thoughts (which by the way, are a coping mechanism, and will absolutely depend on your own context, and your own formative experiences).

Its not as simple as saying we disapprove of her talking about throwing her baby off a bridge (although I do think she has done this for shock value).

Rather, our disapproval for Anna, is related to her lack of authenticity around what she is really, truly, dealing with day to day.

The collective concern - as far as I can see - is that Anna (as a deeply privileged, intelligent, highly educated and extraordinarily canny business women) is manipulating the vulnerability of others.

She talks about intrusive thoughts, from the comfort of her £1.1 m plus, interior designed home.

Meanwhile Victoria/Hannah/Anna in zone 6/the slightly less upwardly mobile parts of the country, are sitting in their distinctly less glossy homes, wondering why they feel so incredibly shite about their crappy house/interior decor/disposable income/husband.

And yet, Victoria/Anna/Hannah
are compelled to believe in her hokey pokey bollocks. While chucking £40 at her PDF/commoditised armchair therapy

Bring on the mental health reality Anna. Bring it to our doors. And make us lean in. But stop pretending it’s really what you are dealing with or that you ever really have. You started life as an interior design grammer and you pivoted. Now you are riding the mental health wave, for all it can give. 90% of what you write is exaggerated..

You are a fake.

• Heart

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
I have to agree. Although there are a lot of good people on insta who offer professional therapy services (I have no opinion on her professional services) I think it becomes very murky if you are simultaneously offering mental health services AND doing gifted/ad content too. The two should not mix. See Michelle (previously Dear Orla) - a complete professional. Not dicking about with flogging stuff, she just focuses on what’s important.
And not only that, it’s unusual for a therapist to show so much of their personal life to clients.

• Heart

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Shes a qualified therapist, she does know better than most.
Anna is that you??? 🤣🤣🤣

More and more people are questioning her account because 1. She doesn't have that much experience as a therapist 2. She is constantly flogging her services without any sign posting to free nhs resources which are the same/ similar to her offerings but at zero cost 3. She hides her huge haul of gifted and ad items in stories 4. As a therapist she knows the dynamic here is one of vulnerable followers and exploitation. That's the Insta model and it really is not acceptable.

Also anna, as you've joined us on this thread, please explain why you keep selling those awful extortionate prices cards when you know the evidence base for using them as a mood enhancer is zero. It's pure exploitation. Your growth had been off the back of mental health issues and exploitation of vulnerable people.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I find the fairly regular referencing to how she can’t stop, can’t sit down, has to always be on the go, actually very hard to relate to.

Anna is not a person who has to keep going constantly. She has loads of help and could take it easy. Her manic behaviour is a choice.

I don’t believe most mothers choose to be manic, and want to never stop. I am pretty sure some don’t get it all done, and possibly feel quite bad about that when they then have to see perfect Anna on the screen. But she has tricked us into thinking we should relate to her.

I feel that Anna is secretly proud of how obsessive she is. She likes to have a perfect, tidy house, to always look groomed and immaculate. Because it makes her feel superior. And she likes to shove it in our faces.

She is creating cognitive dissonance - I say I can’t cope but actually I do cope. I say I don’t care what others think (having read my own book) but I care so very much. The dissonance she creates makes people feel rubbish and yet they think she is helping them!

As for the birthday vouchers. Impression created that she may have been given these by a family member or friend? She would never say - these were vouchers given to me by Oliver Bonas and Sweaty Betty so I can now advertise on their behalf. Who the hell spends the best part of £200-£300 on jumpers in an afternoon, and then shows off about it. Unless they are a bored, rich housewife. It’s bollocks

Why do people fall for it.

• Heart
It is very hard with young children sometimes and I think it’s true it can get on top of you occasionally but why is she always so stressed/ screaming/ having mini breakdowns.
I really don’t understand. She has a v supportive husband, regularly has breaks and has hired help at home. A lot of her followers will have no family support, maybe difficult home life’s, why can’t she recognise her own privilege when she’s having baths/ runs/ closing her eyes or whatever nonsense she’s on about

I don’t know if she does it to pretend to be relatable or she really is like that but it is incredibly odd to be always posting these stories when she’s a therapist

baffled 🙃

Basicbasic

VIP Member
And hides all her gifts/ads/freebies in her stories. She's currently flogging feel good cards. Don't be fooled, she's there to sell like the rest of them. She lives a very charmed life but likes to pretend she doesn't so she can become relatable enough for people to buy her cards/book/course etc etc. I loved and followed her for years until the penny dropped.

• Haha
  • Heart

Basicbasic

VIP Member
Yeah great idea Anna, keep that greedy brain fizzing away. If you're that desperate for every mum to have a copy email the e-book to the maternity wards and tell them they can email it out to anyone wanting it. I mean it costs you nothing to email the e-book across. Why would you need £100k funding for that??!! How dare you assume every mum wants it needs it. We are not one big homogenous money making mass. Anna is trying to take over bounty with the manipulation and forceful marketing.

Also why would the nhs, who can't sufficiently afford midwives and drs to keep wards fully open, give you - a charlatan, obscenely rich housewife - £100k for an ebook?

Fyi, I'm a mum and it's a firm NO from me for the book. Take it and stick it.

• Haha