Anna Bey #35 The Elegant Stylist: Undersmelling the scam, the school is over, what's her next plan?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ohh, Aija changed her fur - in previous videos she said that a luxury handbag will evaluate your style and now it is not necessary. Looking like and old teacher again, who is buying her tasteless course?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Dear eleghunt laydeez, there is a new video and well... the one thing that was a little ''new'' from Aija was #6 ''Never cut corners on things that give you well-being'' and she goes on about how important it is not to eat all these ''processed and chemical foods''. And she says that one should always ''opt for premium'' when it comes to food. But isn't that a direct contradiction to what she does, that is, the microwaved meals she eats all the time? These didn't look all that premium and fancy. Then she skips point 7 I think and goes for point 8 and her course ad. And she still goes on about how luxury doesn't always have the quality. But her Hermessas are quality? I am just amazed at how she can rehash the same things a million times.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Could someone briefly explain where the ‘microwave food’ theory is coming from? I didn’t find anything online.
Anna claimed to have a chef since she does not know how to cook but months later she showed on her instagram stories that she has already prepared food that is instantly ready, you just need to microwave it. This is the elegant lifestyle our guru is preaching

• Haha
Reactions: 15
ohh, Aija changed her fur - in previous videos she said that a luxury handbag will evaluate your style and now it is not necessary. Looking like and old teacher again, who is buying her tasteless course?
no b/c the fact that she said "I dont care about designer labels, only quality" yet pushes hermes, maxmara, etc but shits all over zara, h&m, fashionnova, etc like a lactose intolerant person after drinking milk-i cant

full disclosure, i don't support fast fashion for many reasons, however if you're buying smth and you wear it until it breaks/literally can't be worn thats different. i just hate that she swapped so fast. if she doesnt care about designer labels-why push brands so much on your audience (who likely doesn't have the budget to buy a $700 sweater) and instead push the "wear this instead" content. so much about what not to wear but why not make a video for each body shape and list things that flatter those respective shapes, then do the same for color seasons and make a series since youre an iMaGe cOnSuLtAnT now madame raty???

i lowkey would want to see her snap out of "ehleghunce" and start dressing like an instagram yAcHt GiRLiE once she realizes that everyone preferred the JSB days because at least that was kinda authentic and not as scammy

#6 ''Never cut corners on things that give you well-being'' and she goes on about how important it is not to eat all these ''processed and chemical foods''. And she says that one should always ''opt for premium'' when it comes to food.
Anna, how many times have you stuffed yourself with a burger from McDonalds right next to the "main office"? No worries, maybe you washed it down with Diet Coke. :rolleyes:

Screenshot_20220823-132018_Maps.jpg

Anna Bey
Boulevard Georges-Favon 43,
1204 Geneva Switzerland

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
"I dont care about designer labels, only quality" -> oh pleaseee! once she gets all them scam $$$,best believe she'll spend it on a brand name shopping spree..

Reactions: 11
What neither she, nor her inexperienced audience know, since both don’t have a clue about what wealthy people do and wear: Prêt-á-porter/ ready to wear = labels everywhere is for poor (or poorer) people wanting to look wealthy. Haute Couture/ Alta Moda or tailored which all big fashion houses still do if you have the connections and money, don’t show labels. That’s wealth, class, and in my opinion: taste. Not a Chanel label on ones forehead.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This, and also the best way to look expensive on a budget (other than buying vintage designer labels) is to buy from small, sustainable European brands that often source their fabrics from the same factories as Chanel and the likes, have highly skilled artisans on the team and may even offer custom sizing.

You can get discreet (a.k.a. logo-free) cashmere, wool, linen, silk and leather pieces, made in Europe, many of them tailored just for you, of the same quality but with none of the overhead of big fashion houses.

Many high-quality yet fairy affordable brands have been springing up all over Central, Eastern and Southern Europe in particular. Most use sustainable fabrics and have limited collections.

You just need to be willing to do a little digging around.

And the best part is that because these brands are so obscure, you can get truly unique pieces that won’t be instantly recognisable like those trite Hermes and Chanel bags.

What neither she, nor her inexperienced audience know, since both don’t have a clue about what wealthy people do and wear: Prêt-á-porter/ ready to wear = labels everywhere is for poor (or poorer) people wanting to look wealthy. Haute Couture/ Alta Moda or tailored which all big fashion houses still do if you have the connections and money, don’t show labels. That’s wealth, class, and in my opinion: taste. Not a Chanel label on ones forehead.

• Heart
In case you need something more visual, that's the link...
Bey's Fridge
Where's her housekeeper who steams her clothing and does the cooking and the cleaning? Not that I believe for a second where ever was one but just to remind the ladies, our eleghunt laydeh boasted about having one as she's working hard on her business.
Riiight. One layer after another the facade of her assumed affluence is pealing off.

Reactions: 8
Anna Banana’s latest video is very infuriating if you think about it. She got so many women going into credit card debt for those designer bags now she is saying oh it doesn’t matter? I bet she is now going after Mrs Midwest’s audience. I miss when she was an authentic jetsetbabe… what is this now??? Is she going to pretend she is Mrs Buddha but holier than all of us. “Top 5 Enlightenment Mistakes”, “6 reasons why you are not holy enough “ “Top 10 reasons why I rock and you suck!” coming up! 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So no fruit ? No yogurt? No végétables? No bread? ... Seriously?
Is she that much in financial trouble or is she just a junk food eater ? ...Can you imagine what would happen if WE start eating like her? Now I understand why she is bloated and looks tired .

• Haha
I might be wrong, but I think that Annaʼs complaining about not packing properly for her holiday is (at least) partly a poor imitation of the self deprecating irony usually encountered in British people and their humor. But what I love about British humour is its wit that Anna certainly doesn't understand and hasn't absorbed even after spending years of her life there.
Sheʼs always making these petty remarks as if to draw attention upon how 'interesting' her person is. Her audience is already tired of her posts so she thinks that relating all sorts of incidents is going to spice things up when it fact she becomes creepier as time goes by. Her 'friends' are people we barely see in her posts or stories (some of them in fact we have never even seen before in spite of her claiming to be the best friend of everyone), her social life seems to take shape once a year only to be forgotten for the rest of the time because Anna is always working although nobody knows what she is actually doing.
I do not wish to judge people who are lonely because it is something hard to bear, but what she does looks like having a personality disorder. She reminds me of the stories of lonely housewives desperately trying to hold a family together while faking smiles. We no longer live in those times and if those women were pushed by the societyʼs standards in that lifestyle, Anna is harming herself by creating this happy, 'affluent' fake persona to compensate for her failures. The price she pays for being inauthentic and dishonest is too expensive if you ask me, but at least the people actively writing and reading these threads get the chance to learn from her mistakes.
That makes so much sense. I haven’t been understanding what she was doing but that sounds right.

Reactions: 3
Anna Bey #36 Early Middle Life Crisis, Social Outcast, School of the Matronly & the Dowdy

Screenshot_20220824-162420_Photos.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
So sick of her style tips. And anyone else's, honestly. Unless you want to become a stylist for a fashion brand or a retailer, you don't need to know a lot, and the things you need to learn, you can learn online. For free.

Youtube is filled with videos teaching people body types and seasons. And these basic-ass elegant ladies are going to wear neutral colors only anyway. If you own quality pieces with simple lines and good material, you'll be okay.

After that, she will rebrand herself as Switzerland’s country grandmother or mindset coach.

Reactions: 7
So sick of her style tips. And anyone else's, honestly. Unless you want to become a stylist for a fashion brand or a retailer, you don't need to know a lot, and the things you need to learn, you can learn online. For free.

Youtube is filled with videos teaching people body types and seasons. And these basic-ass elegant ladies are going to wear neutral colors only anyway. If you own quality pieces with simple lines and good material, you'll be okay.
Even people who are clueless at styling themselves can learn from trial and error as long as they take the time to look in the mirror and see what fits them best. We all have a certain sense of taste and although not everyone is studying aesthetics, we all have an innate philosophy of beauty. It is something everyone aspires to even when their abilities are not necessarily experienced in creating that sense of beauty. What I find stupid about Anna's generalisations is the fact that she thinks that she has something new to add to a topic that has been explored ever since ancient civilisations took birth. Beauty is above everything a form of being and searching after all – beauty is created when a person makes their own choices that align with what is good and right both physically and morally. Now, can we expect to learn something about balance from Anna Bey who is living multiple, unbalanced lives at the same time?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.