Anna Archer “Fitness”

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm willing to bet she's gonna talk about this as her being recovered and just losing weight naturally. Like, before on her TikTok when she was saying how she was eating thousands of calories and gained weight. I feel like she'll equate this to going "all in" (Stephanie Buttermore) and honoring/recovering/resetting her hunger cues. And, now she's just losing weight because she's not hungry anymore (not because she's doing intense workouts all the time and low intensity movement the rest of the day). And that she's just returning to her set weight.

Also, who is Adam? Is this her boyfriend, friend, personal trainer?

Reactions: 5
I'm willing to bet she's gonna talk about this as her being recovered and just losing weight naturally. Like, before on her TikTok when she was saying how she was eating thousands of calories and gained weight. I feel like she'll equate this to going "all in" (Stephanie Buttermore) and honoring/recovering/resetting her hunger cues. And, now she's just losing weight because she's not hungry anymore (not because she's doing intense workouts all the time and low intensity movement the rest of the day). And that she's just returning to her set weight.

Also, who is Adam? Is this her boyfriend, friend, personal trainer?
she’s delusional if she thinks it’s realistic for this entire process to happen in what, 3 months?? it took stephanie buttermore over a year… can’t believe that so many other recovery and fitness influencers follow her, surely they must see something wrong with her “recovery” and everything she preaches

Reactions: 3
This is going to be a bit of a rant, but I need to talk about this somewhere.

When you have an ED your idea of reality can be warped. Sometimes you can't see what you look like physically in the mirror, but sometimes your thoughts are just out of touch with reality, too. Maybe you're thinking about how everyone around you is judging what you're eating when that's not the case, etc. There's a lot of ways you start to get wrapped up in your head with an ED and it's different for everyone.

But when you recover you work with professionals to reattach your mind to reality. You work to see your body in a more "real" sense--maybe not in a positive mindset, but at least neutral. You work to adjust your thoughts about your self worth and food and all sorts of things.

But then you can get triggered in recovery, and I think that the most triggering things for people with an ED are when you get thrown into a doubting loop and you can't tell exactly what's "real" again. I am going to argue that Anna's delusions about fitness and food are super triggering to me because they honestly make me doubt what's real regarding health sometimes, and I bet they do the same for other people.

1. Anna lost a lot of weight through hard-core calorie restriction, but she said she wasn't restricting much at all and was eating to be fully satisfied. So which is it? People gained faith in her for promoting a healthy diet and then it turned out to be starvation. So can you look like Anna did if you're not starving? She justifies starvation for people who admired her physique before, and confuses so many people about whether it's appropriate to track macros and calories. So the reality gets distorted.

2. Anna was throwing up, and her nights of eating "fun foods" and vlogging her vacation foods were really binges. So if we eat those foods, are we binging? Is it binging when you don't track calories? Were Anna's regular foods not "fun" because if not her diet wasn't very balanced, was it? So the reality gets distorted.

3. Anna said she is in recovery. But her recovery doesn't involve professionals. Her therapist is not a therapist. Is she seeing a real therapist? Does recovery require therapy? Do you have to talk to professionals, or not? So the reality gets distorted.

4. Now Anna is losing weight again, but "intuitively"? Is this normal for everyone in recovery? Would this happen for us if we recovered from an ED? Is she restricting again? Why does she only wear revealing outfits at a lower body weight? Reality once again is distorted.

I know this is just super repetitive but I am so triggered by Anna these days that I don't even follow her any more, because I started to seriously question my reality regarding food/body image/fitness after hearing all Anna's BS and lies. I just can't stand that she is taking her vulnerable audience along for this ride when she has NO IDEA what she is doing. Her pseudo-authority on this subject is seriously damaging.

Reactions: 16
This is going to be a bit of a rant, but I need to talk about this somewhere.

When you have an ED your idea of reality can be warped. Sometimes you can't see what you look like physically in the mirror, but sometimes your thoughts are just out of touch with reality, too. Maybe you're thinking about how everyone around you is judging what you're eating when that's not the case, etc. There's a lot of ways you start to get wrapped up in your head with an ED and it's different for everyone.

But when you recover you work with professionals to reattach your mind to reality. You work to see your body in a more "real" sense--maybe not in a positive mindset, but at least neutral. You work to adjust your thoughts about your self worth and food and all sorts of things.

But then you can get triggered in recovery, and I think that the most triggering things for people with an ED are when you get thrown into a doubting loop and you can't tell exactly what's "real" again. I am going to argue that Anna's delusions about fitness and food are super triggering to me because they honestly make me doubt what's real regarding health sometimes, and I bet they do the same for other people.

1. Anna lost a lot of weight through hard-core calorie restriction, but she said she wasn't restricting much at all and was eating to be fully satisfied. So which is it? People gained faith in her for promoting a healthy diet and then it turned out to be starvation. So can you look like Anna did if you're not starving? She justifies starvation for people who admired her physique before, and confuses so many people about whether it's appropriate to track macros and calories. So the reality gets distorted.

2. Anna was throwing up, and her nights of eating "fun foods" and vlogging her vacation foods were really binges. So if we eat those foods, are we binging? Is it binging when you don't track calories? Were Anna's regular foods not "fun" because if not her diet wasn't very balanced, was it? So the reality gets distorted.

3. Anna said she is in recovery. But her recovery doesn't involve professionals. Her therapist is not a therapist. Is she seeing a real therapist? Does recovery require therapy? Do you have to talk to professionals, or not? So the reality gets distorted.

4. Now Anna is losing weight again, but "intuitively"? Is this normal for everyone in recovery? Would this happen for us if we recovered from an ED? Is she restricting again? Why does she only wear revealing outfits at a lower body weight? Reality once again is distorted.

I know this is just super repetitive but I am so triggered by Anna these days that I don't even follow her any more, because I started to seriously question my reality regarding food/body image/fitness after hearing all Anna's BS and lies. I just can't stand that she is taking her vulnerable audience along for this ride when she has NO IDEA what she is doing. Her pseudo-authority on this subject is seriously damaging.

Hey, I usually just read this thread, but thought I would answer your question to 4 from my experience. I suffer from anorexia, was sectioned for 10 years in hospital and have been out for 3 years. Yes Anna’s recovery seems to have happened too quickly, but I have seen it from patients in hospital I was with. I went through binge/purge and also gained a lot of weight and wore baggy clothes, didn’t want to show my body and when I got better with that, which I did pretty quickly too, I naturally lost weight and was able to wear different clothes. Body dismorphia comes in all shapes and sizes ( excuse the pun) and it might just be her learning to accept her body shape which is also a part of recovery. Saying that, I don’t think Anna should be doing this on social media, yes it is great to raise awareness, but it is also a personal process and it could trigger many easily influenced people. I think anna needs to stop this now, she became popular for loosing weight and put a fake reality that millions have seen consequently copied. She is just another influencer in it for the money and not to influence normality.

It just gets me how addicted to social media validation she is and it just comes off that she’s come to expect that everything she does is earth shatteringly great. Like hair nails jewelry even snacks that she makes. I know she’s trying to “show her real life” but it comes off as wicked self absorbed and she’s so young it concerns me. I feel like everyone I knew around her age including myself was still figuring out who they actually even are and broadcasting every move to the world and expecting compliments is a really terrible thing when you’re so impressionable and in the middle of defining who you’re going to be as an adult. I’ve said this before but it’s hard to watch her as someone older than she is who’s had similar experiences because so much of ED behavior can be fueled by people telling you how good you look etc and she’s still doing that just in other ways now

Reactions: 4
It just gets me how addicted to social media validation she is and it just comes off that she’s come to expect that everything she does is earth shatteringly great. Like hair nails jewelry even snacks that she makes. I know she’s trying to “show her real life” but it comes off as wicked self absorbed and she’s so young it concerns me. I feel like everyone I knew around her age including myself was still figuring out who they actually even are and broadcasting every move to the world and expecting compliments is a really terrible thing when you’re so impressionable and in the middle of defining who you’re going to be as an adult. I’ve said this before but it’s hard to watch her as someone older than she is who’s had similar experiences because so much of ED behavior can be fueled by people telling you how good you look etc and she’s still doing that just in other ways now
Yes and her choice to include the fact that she spent 2 HOURS rock climbing and then showed herself at the gym in the next clip on the same day. I don't get the point of adding that she spent so long rock climbing if not to make her followers feel impressed or inferior to her. I think it would've been much more effective to have focused on qualitative achievement over quantitative. Like she could have said "finished a great rock climbing session, feeling improvement in my grip/strength/agility" rather than only stating on the amount of time she spent doing it.

Edit: She also dyed her hair and has been receiving a lot of compliments. I do want to say that I'm glad she's focusing on her style and such and getting some traction for fashion rather than fitness. I think it's healthier for her to focus on material things rather than her physical self. And, I think a lot of these clothing/jewelry items she has is gifted by smaller businesses? So, she may be getting some profit from showing them off or she may just want to help out these businesses by posting about them.

Reactions: 3
Yes and her choice to include the fact that she spent 2 HOURS rock climbing and then showed herself at the gym in the next clip on the same day. I don't get the point of adding that she spent so long rock climbing if not to make her followers feel impressed or inferior to her. I think it would've been much more effective to have focused on qualitative achievement over quantitative. Like she could have said "finished a great rock climbing session, feeling improvement in my grip/strength/agility" rather than only stating on the amount of time she spent doing it.

Edit: She also dyed her hair and has been receiving a lot of compliments. I do want to say that I'm glad she's focusing on her style and such and getting some traction for fashion rather than fitness. I think it's healthier for her to focus on material things rather than her physical self. And, I think a lot of these clothing/jewelry items she has is gifted by smaller businesses? So, she may be getting some profit from showing them off or she may just want to help out these businesses by posting about them.
I want to agree w the last bit but her outfits are all fast fashion like motel and urban outfitters and her rings are made by her friends. I’m so done w her how is she simultaneously so insecure and begging for validation and so narcissistic.
Like IF she’s oblivious to the message she’s putting out then I feel really sorry for her and hope someone close to her (family/friend) catches on but if not then duck her honestly I’m 6 years recovered from an ED and am being triggered like what’s going on

Legit like her “big announcement” is booking a trip omg nope didn’t need a countdown for that Lololol it’s just soooo self absorbed to assume people are going to care so much about your vacation that you need to hype up telling them about it

edit: I should add I really don’t want to be ruthlessly critical of her since I believe she reads this but I think a break from social media validation would truly benefit her and her true recovery in the long run. Even if she is helping out small brands like suggested above it’s possible to do it in a “hey friends check out this cool company” way vs a “look how good I am at shopping and wearing things” way IMO and I honestly really really want the best for her and for her to grow from all she’s been through

Reactions: 1
Bestie her big announcement was the misfits collab

Legit like her “big announcement” is booking a trip omg nope didn’t need a countdown for that Lololol it’s just soooo self absorbed to assume people are going to care so much about your vacation that you need to hype up telling them about it

edit: I should add I really don’t want to be ruthlessly critical of her since I believe she reads this but I think a break from social media validation would truly benefit her and her true recovery in the long run. Even if she is helping out small brands like suggested above it’s possible to do it in a “hey friends check out this cool company” way vs a “look how good I am at shopping and wearing things” way IMO and I honestly really really want the best for her and for her to grow from all she’s been through

• Haha
Reactions: 1
She posted a tiktok saying she needed to workout a bunch to get a "phat bunda" the week before her trip, as well as a tiktok about her craving a monster energy drink but she won't drink them because they're bad. There were a bunch of comments about this being her old behavior/mindset, but of course she deleted the comments smh.

Reactions: 7
She posted a tiktok saying she needed to workout a bunch to get a "phat bunda" the week before her trip, as well as a tiktok about her craving a monster energy drink but she won't drink them because they're bad. There were a bunch of comments about this being her old behavior/mindset, but of course she deleted the comments smh.
she legit had a white monster zero on the floor next to her in the gym about a week ago or so..

SO she’s going to ibiza with two lads who are fellow fitness goers with ripped abs… who’s betting they’re on a cut so anna is too

Reactions: 4
her brand is just so confusing now is it eating disorder recovery and therapy , veganism and yoga or going gym and energy drinks lool dunno if this makes sense but it’s like she can’t choose what she wants her identity to be online

Reactions: 10
PLS, this just reminds me of the Aruba trip... I don't get how no one in her life can see the old habits coming back.

Reactions: 7
Of course she's restricting because she's going on vacation.
I'm honestly concerned for her & her self awareness: this is the exact thing that happened 6 months ago. It's like she had a 3 month stint of yoga & ~body positivity~ and she's forgotten about it. How do people trust anything she says?
It's frustrating and draining watching her do this 😩

Reactions: 6