Anna Archer “Fitness”

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anna's issue is that she seems to think that her experience is the same as everyone else's and she has always based her "advice" off of that principle whilst making individual, situation based statements to a broad audience. Everyone's trauma, childhood, weight needs and wants are different.

So when she tells her entire audience to "just go for long walks", "just never lose weight", or "you would have gotten and ED without my influence" she's only saying it because walking worked for her and she got an ED because of her childhood trauma and wanting to lose weight.

She's incapable of uncoupling her experience with her attempts to advise people. I don't want to be harsh but I think it's a bit of immaturity and narcissism. She behaves as if science, fact and other people should follow her lead because she knows best. This would be more acceptable if what she was teaching followed logical and healthy principles, but she told people to do as she did whilst knowing she was bulimic and is now claiming vortex healing as a cure for trauma. In reality Anna has been through horrible things and should really not be advising anyone until she changes her immature, narcissistic mindset.
You've literally put into words everything i've thought about her but didn't know how to say. I really hate how she says stuff like "losing weight won't make you happy" "the weight loss high won't last long" "don't try and lose a couple kilos because you'll put it back on and become stuck in a cycle"(can't rem the exact quote but was in one of her recent videos). That is her experience, most likely as a result of her unresolved trauma, and isn't the same for everyone else. People wouldn't try to lose weight if it was certain they'd be unhappy with themselves afterwards.

Reactions: 7
also that’s a little bit funny how all of them are eating misfits bars. does anyone know if they actually taste good?
They’re good, but nothing special - nothing that you couldn’t get in a supermarket. They are vegan as well as being low cal though which is what a lot of people want but I think that point is abused by lots of these fitness influencers.

Reactions: 3
also that’s a little bit funny how all of them are eating misfits bars. does anyone know if they actually taste good?
i think they’re absolutely awful. tried two flavours because ppl rave about them so much but they’re disgusting imo. taste like grass and have a horrible grainy, dry texture

Reactions: 6
i think they’re absolutely awful. tried two flavours because ppl rave about them so much but they’re disgusting imo. taste like grass and have a horrible grainy, dry texture
as a vegan i think they’re just good for a vegan protein bar hahah but in comparison to non vegan they’re probably shite i swear it’s the same with vegan protein powders the textures always a bit off

Reactions: 2
is it just me or does everything she does happen almost instantly
losing weight - super fast
gaining 12kg or whatever- 4 weeks (wtf)
recovering - 2 months
learning to read music - 2 days

like i don’t get it

Reactions: 9
is it just me or does everything she does happen almost instantly
losing weight - super fast
gaining 12kg or whatever- 4 weeks (wtf)
recovering - 2 months
learning to read music - 2 days

like i don’t get it
Time doesn't exist for Anna. We're mere mortals in comparison to her :rolleyes:

as a vegan i think they’re just good for a vegan protein bar hahah but in comparison to non vegan they’re probably shite i swear it’s the same with vegan protein powders the textures always a bit off
I think they are great compared to other vegan bars! If you want a great protein shake The Protein Works is the best vegan one by far!

[TW - mention of ED behaviors]

Obviously Anna isn't posting as much recently, so there's not much to say, but I was thinking about this situation today and I wanted to share my thoughts again. As I mentioned earlier, I unfollowed Anna, but I looked at her Tik Tok/Instagram today to see what she's posting.

I feel like the general consensus on this thread is that we applaud Anna for recognizing her disordered eating, and for getting help and reaching out to her support system, but we condone that she still has all her old disordered content online for people to consume and possibly mimic.

One person who I've followed for a while is Jessie Paege. She came out a few years ago saying that she had anorexia, and she documented a lot of her recovery journey. Now most of her social media content is geared toward eating disorder recovery and mental health advocacy, and although she's branching out of that, she spent a TON of energy on that sort of content when she first "came out" about her ED. She shared her story, how her YouTube affected her with having people's opinions of her body on her constantly, and she apologized so much for her impact because she said she realized people were using her sick body as thinspo.

I am really upset that Anna hasn't shared her true story. I know, I know. She made a few videos about it. But...not really! I want to know what motivated Anna to start posting her before/after pics. I want to know what her mindset was when she made these 200 calorie recipes and publicized them. I want to know about how Tik Tok affected her mental health. I want to know her take on the fitness industry, and whether she thinks that it was toxic to begin with that Gymshark descended on her as a sponsor as soon as she had low body fat.

Anna has the chance to share her story--her real story--and to make peace with an audience that she hurt more than she helped. But, she isn't. Instead she chooses every day to ignore a lot of these real, raw issues, and keep everything surface-level.

I think this is why Anna bothers me so much. I usually rarely post anything online about people, and I've never left a "hate" comment on someone's content before this.

I guess my "hate" for Anna's content comes from the place that I used to admire her. I was going through a breakup around the time that she was, and I saw her as absolute goals. I followed her recipes and when I began to binge eat because I wasn't satisfied on those meals, I criticized myself so harshly for it. I would look at Anna and wonder why my willpower was so low.

When Anna said that she was binging around the time that I was, it just hurt me so badly. I never purged because I have a fear of throwing up. But I couldn't help but think "ohhh, if I was purging I'd look like Anna did, too." I'm a 22 year old young woman, mind you. I'm not a teenager. But I was still having these toxic, disordered thoughts in response to Anna's content.

I do not look like Anna did when she was being promoted for being so fit. I run ~25 miles/week and I am constantly going on walks around my neighborhood to stay active. I feel very healthy, and I'm the fittest I've ever been. But I haven't lost any weight from getting fit. Actually, I gained some weight, because I'm eating more and trying to sustain the energy to work out more. I am a size 4-6, a small/medium depending on the clothing size, but because I basically have Anna's exact body pre-weight-loss, I hated myself for this.

I listened to Anna's advice and I became unhealthier for it. I know I'm not the only one who has a story like this. What scares me most is that many of her followers are younger than me--teenage/preteen girls who probably experienced similar ED behaviors following Anna's advice.

I hate that Anna has this public platform that actually harmed so many people, and now she is not apologizing sincerely to me and the other people who were sucked into her delusion. I inadvertently followed the advice that led to Anna developing bulimia, and that scares me so badly. I still struggle with overeating/undereating now, and this all began around the time I began following Anna's recipes.

I'm sorry for the long rant, but I just feel so hurt over this, still. I know this thread is less active, but I just wish Anna would realize the damage she's done to real people like me and so many others.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
[TW - mention of ED behaviors]

Obviously Anna isn't posting as much recently, so there's not much to say, but I was thinking about this situation today and I wanted to share my thoughts again. As I mentioned earlier, I unfollowed Anna, but I looked at her Tik Tok/Instagram today to see what she's posting.

I feel like the general consensus on this thread is that we applaud Anna for recognizing her disordered eating, and for getting help and reaching out to her support system, but we condone that she still has all her old disordered content online for people to consume and possibly mimic.

One person who I've followed for a while is Jessie Paege. She came out a few years ago saying that she had anorexia, and she documented a lot of her recovery journey. Now most of her social media content is geared toward eating disorder recovery and mental health advocacy, and although she's branching out of that, she spent a TON of energy on that sort of content when she first "came out" about her ED. She shared her story, how her YouTube affected her with having people's opinions of her body on her constantly, and she apologized so much for her impact because she said she realized people were using her sick body as thinspo.

I am really upset that Anna hasn't shared her true story. I know, I know. She made a few videos about it. But...not really! I want to know what motivated Anna to start posting her before/after pics. I want to know what her mindset was when she made these 200 calorie recipes and publicized them. I want to know about how Tik Tok affected her mental health. I want to know her take on the fitness industry, and whether she thinks that it was toxic to begin with that Gymshark descended on her as a sponsor as soon as she had low body fat.

Anna has the chance to share her story--her real story--and to make peace with an audience that she hurt more than she helped. But, she isn't. Instead she chooses every day to ignore a lot of these real, raw issues, and keep everything surface-level.

I think this is why Anna bothers me so much. I usually rarely post anything online about people, and I've never left a "hate" comment on someone's content before this.

I guess my "hate" for Anna's content comes from the place that I used to admire her. I was going through a breakup around the time that she was, and I saw her as absolute goals. I followed her recipes and when I began to binge eat because I wasn't satisfied on those meals, I criticized myself so harshly for it. I would look at Anna and wonder why my willpower was so low.

When Anna said that she was binging around the time that I was, it just hurt me so badly. I never purged because I have a fear of throwing up. But I couldn't help but think "ohhh, if I was purging I'd look like Anna did, too." I'm a 22 year old young woman, mind you. I'm not a teenager. But I was still having these toxic, disordered thoughts in response to Anna's content.

I do not look like Anna did when she was being promoted for being so fit. I run ~25 miles/week and I am constantly going on walks around my neighborhood to stay active. I feel very healthy, and I'm the fittest I've ever been. But I haven't lost any weight from getting fit. Actually, I gained some weight, because I'm eating more and trying to sustain the energy to work out more. I am a size 4-6, a small/medium depending on the clothing size, but because I basically have Anna's exact body pre-weight-loss, I hated myself for this.

I listened to Anna's advice and I became unhealthier for it. I know I'm not the only one who has a story like this. What scares me most is that many of her followers are younger than me--teenage/preteen girls who probably experienced similar ED behaviors following Anna's advice.

I hate that Anna has this public platform that actually harmed so many people, and now she is not apologizing sincerely to me and the other people who were sucked into her delusion. I inadvertently followed the advice that led to Anna developing bulimia, and that scares me so badly. I still struggle with overeating/undereating now, and this all began around the time I began following Anna's recipes.

I'm sorry for the long rant, but I just feel so hurt over this, still. I know this thread is less active, but I just wish Anna would realize the damage she's done to real people like me and so many others.

I also was purging when I was following her meals and stuff! I have never struggled with Bulimia before and now that I have realised that I am not the only on who struggled with this last year october-november I am so mad!
She needs to take accountability for her actions and the effect it has had on her audience!! She literally aimed her audience at Teens, if you don't believe me, Go check her tik tok page.
I was also reading her comments and someone mentioned how they also got diagnosed with an eating disorder and she said that it would have been due to the individuals past trauma??!! Like WTF can you just accept and take accountabiltiy for your actions.
So SO pissed

• Wow
Reactions: 5