Anna Archer “Fitness”

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don’t understand her recent TikToks. She says that her main goal is to help people love themselves and be happy but she’s just making memes about her trauma and taking no accountability for the damage she’s caused. She’s super snarky in her comments too. Idk I feel like she’s super lost and need to get off of social media so she doesn’t continue to be harmful..
That's because her main goal isn't to help people but to make money while disguising it as 'showing people the right path to self-love'. She's really just milking her followers and does not seem remotely guilty that she may be negatively influencing thousands of impressionable people within her audience.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
She's reading this thread btw. She left a snarky comment saying that she doesn't live in her parents' garden when someone asked where she lives now, and someone earlier on this thread said that it looks like she lives in her parents' garden.

This is for Anna:

I've seen you liking a bunch of comments on Tik Tok that say your "haterz" are just jealous of you. You also removed my comment on Tik Tok criticizing you that many people agreed with. Here's what your "haterz" actually think.

1. When you started your Tik Tok you said you were eating 1000-1300 calories a day. Not only did you promote this just by explaining how it worked for you, you also released loads of recipes instructing people to eat the "right foods" (the lowest calorie foods possible, filling up on water/fiber to lose weight) to lose weight.

2. You were called out for mentioning you didn't have a period. You shamed your followers and gaslighted us, making us seem like we were the crazy ones for inquiring why you lost your cycle. You said it was weird and gross that we'd ask something so personal. Reproductive health isn't gross, Anna. It's actually essential for bone health in women, and losing your period can cause so many issues beyond just infertility.

3. You said weightlifting made you bulky, and eating the wrong foods. You actually told 1m followers that you were BULKY before. How is that productive?? It's 2021. Let's stop shaming women who have muscle for looking "manly." Muscular "bulky" women are actually FIT and STRONG, and that is beautiful. This isn't the early 2000s anymore.

4. While you were binging and purging, you were STILL promoting the diet and recipes that got you into that horrible cycle. Shame on you.

5. You got lots of brand deals from your fame. You promoted all these products to your audience for your coin.

6. You promote a pseudoscientific, fake therapist on your IG.

7. You give advice on how to use OCD-like behaviors to stop intrusive thoughts. Banging on your chest with your fists is NOT a coping method for having intrusive thoughts or anxious thoughts.

8. You slunk back to your social media after ~7 weeks away to make some more money off your audience. You promote stupid Manuka honey brands and show variations of watery veggies and oats and call it "intuitive eating" to "nourish" your body.

You are the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen. You're losing followers not because you stopped giving weight loss advice like you said on Tik Tok, but because people are sick of your games. So many fitness influencers have overcome an ED and trauma and kept their following--because they're GOOD PEOPLE who are genuine and honest.

What sickens me most is that you keep all your old videos of "what I eat in a day" that's around 1000 calories up for your audience. Anyone can scroll back and follow the advice that caused you to go through periods of binge/restricting/purging, but it's worth it, right, because they can lose weight??

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’ve unfollowed Anna today. I can’t support her. I hope she gets the help she needs.

I think you’re all right. I think she’s reading this thread.

For Anna -

I implore you to take responsibility for your actions. Remove the content from when you were at your most ill. You are an adult and your platform is large. Your content was incredibly damaging, and continues to be so.

Reactions: 7
Her “therapist” gives me the creeps 😬😬 exploiting vulnerable young people when you have 0 qualifications 😍🙏
Is Anna just really naive or does she genuinely believe that all this pseudoscience and holistic healing stuff is more effective than actual psychiatry and modern medicine? She said her mum is like a yoga teacher or healer person so maybe it’s how she’s been brought up?

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I originally liked Anna because she seemed like a kind, pretty girl, but she seems quite salty and resentful now. She's becoming mean to cope with her trauma and avoid the truth.
Also as someone who's suffered badly from repetitive motion OCD since age 7, I find it horrifying that she's promoting those behaviors to her audience. I only got better through meds and then therapy. A repetitive motion is not a quick fix to your anxiety/intrusive thoughts and if she continues this she will be adding another illness to herself.
Lastly, her idolizing Simon, a white, bald man who makes vulnerable people believe in vortex healing and then recruites others, is like the definition of a cult lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Well, I've officially unfollowed Anna. Here were my final straws:

1. This awful profile pic she switched to:
image 2.PNG

2. She's still promoting her vortex healer as a therapist:
image 3.PNG

3. She's put up a q&a asking what she should post on Instagram. If you have to ask, the answer is probably nothing:
image 4.PNG

Reactions: 6
watching her q and a right now, she said she gained all the weight back (12kg) + more within 2-3 weeks, does that seem crazy to anyone else? especially when she claimed to eat about 2000 for months which isn’t restrictive, so was that just a lie at the time? when i recovered, i gained 20lbs within 4 months or so

• Wow
Reactions: 9
watching her q and a right now, she said she gained all the weight back (12kg) + more within 2-3 weeks, does that seem crazy to anyone else? especially when she claimed to eat about 2000 for months which isn’t restrictive, so was that just a lie at the time? when i recovered, i gained 20lbs within 4 months or so
I did some sleuthing this morning and went on her Tik Tok, looking back a few months. If you look at the dates, the last time she really posted her physique was around January 30. There was some footage of her beyond that, but in her baggy sweats, and that was around February. She said January was the peak of her bulimia, and that she texted her mom about it when she was still in Aruba. I think she began to gain weight around the end of January, and didn't know how to deal with the social media presence while doing so. Then she took that break, and that's when she gained more.

I personally used to struggle a lot with binging and overeating. Even at my worst, with daily binges of 5000+ calories a day, I did not gain 12kg in 3 weeks. Stephanie Buttermore also tracked her all-in journey eating 5000+ calories daily, and she didn't gain at that rate either. Therefore I think Anna was lying about the timeline.

Reactions: 9
just wanna add i have struggled with an ed, one time i binged every day all day for two weeks straight (and i mean eating ALL day long) - i only gained 4 kg which was a lot for me but no where near 12kg

Reactions: 6
Well, I've officially unfollowed Anna. Here were my final straws:

1. This awful profile pic she switched to:
View attachment 533637
One thing I never understood is why she makes all these hideous grimaces, her previous profile picture of her flexing was also super uncharming due to the facial expression.

3. She's put up a q&a asking what she should post on Instagram. If you have to ask, the answer is probably nothing:
View attachment 533640
Yup, she's the epitome of the stereotypical influencer who does absolute tit and earns money for it. Some people actually make an effort to create insightful content, Anna's at a point where she could post a literal poo and it would have the same value as her current stories.

I agree that it seems extreme. Just talking about pure fat gain, she would've had to eat 4,000 in addition to her maintenance calories every day for those 21 days. I know that bingeing can get quite bad, but, as someone else mentioned, Stephanie Buttermore didn't even gain at this rate, and she didn't purge.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
just wanna add i have struggled with an ed, one time i binged every day all day for two weeks straight (and i mean eating ALL day long) - i only gained 4 kg which was a lot for me but no where near 12kg
yep! been in the same sort of situations loads and i’ve never gained that kind of amount, she must have been lying about eating enough for ages

Reactions: 3
I was going to add that gaining more than even a couple kilos in a week is near on impossible - you sound like proof of that! She’s definitely lying about time/numbers.

Reactions: 4
in her q and a shes talking about how she removed all her transformation posts, but did she not just duet and therefore REPOST one the other day on tiktok????

Reactions: 7
in her q and a shes talking about how she removed all her transformation posts, but did she not just duet and therefore REPOST one the other day on tiktok????
She still has transformation photos on her insta as of today as well...

Reactions: 2
Is she just gonna ignore the fact that she explained how she couldn't "thank" animal foods, which could be very triggering to someone in recovery from an ED? Most ED recovery programs don't allow for veganism because it can exacerbate that food guilt/restrictions/rules they already have. So her explaining her thought process about how guilty eating animals makes her does literally nothing to help any of her followers. She is SO unqualified to speak on these issues.

Her trying so hard to justify eating vegan and mentioning that it’s restrictive for those recovering from an eating disorder is just a bit strange?? Like she is clearly aware that veganism is restrictive, so why is she following it only 2 months binge free? She’s trying to break a restrictive cycle and i don’t think she realises just how detrimental going vegan could be for the rest of her recovery process.

Bets her vortex healer therapist is okay with her vegan diet?

Anna's issue is that she seems to think that her experience is the same as everyone else's and she has always based her "advice" off of that principle whilst making individual, situation based statements to a broad audience. Everyone's trauma, childhood, weight needs and wants are different.

So when she tells her entire audience to "just go for long walks", "just never lose weight", or "you would have gotten and ED without my influence" she's only saying it because walking worked for her and she got an ED because of her childhood trauma and wanting to lose weight.

She's incapable of uncoupling her experience with her attempts to advise people. I don't want to be harsh but I think it's a bit of immaturity and narcissism. She behaves as if science, fact and other people should follow her lead because she knows best. This would be more acceptable if what she was teaching followed logical and healthy principles, but she told people to do as she did whilst knowing she was bulimic and is now claiming vortex healing as a cure for trauma. In reality Anna has been through horrible things and should really not be advising anyone until she changes her immature, narcissistic mindset.

Reactions: 11