Angelika Oles

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She recently bought a Tesla after dropping out of her law degree to pursue YouTube and her content feels like it has become increasingly lazy and badly researched. She also flip-flops between opinions, just repeating the opinions of people either on r/beautyguruchatter, tattle or gurugossip.

Anyone else getting a little frustrated with her content?

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I’ve got no issues with her getting a Tesla or dropping out of her degree but her content has become a bit stale. She often has her videos up a lot later than other commentary channels but she doesn’t give anything extra imho. If I watch too many of her videos I realise she pretty much just repeats herself

Reactions: 4
I’ve got no issues with her getting a Tesla or dropping out of her degree but her content has become a bit stale. She often has her videos up a lot later than other commentary channels but she doesn’t give anything extra imho. If I watch too many of her videos I realise she pretty much just repeats herself
Yeah I was trying to sum up a lot of the things brought up on the GG thread recently- the uni thing was after she spent early videos criticising youtubers for dropping out of uni.

I completely agree with you, she's been on it with the Shane drama but that's clearly her just chasing subs. Most of the time she'll be days or even a week late to drama and then miss out on bits of information.

Reactions: 5
Is there a video where she talks about dropping out?

I used to quite like her but it got a bit repetitive and she started to look bored.

Reactions: 2
I've been watching her since that Zoella video and usually enjoy her content, but she definitely is in it more for the ££££ now. I tried watching her 2nd channel but it was so, so, so boring and rambling that I had to stop. I have a feeling she'd love to be a beauty guru of some sort in the future, which is a shame. To be honest I actually don't always know who she's talking about in her videos.

It's a shame she dropped out, it would have been a great back up, 2 years in was quite a way in, of course she can always go back to it but she may regret not finishing it one day when she was already halfway through. I know a lot of people (a weird amount actually) who did law degrees than went into the arts in some way (acting, designing, directing, theatre etc) and that was their plan, but they wanted something to fall back on, none have used their law degree yet, but at least it's done and to be honest it would have been interesting to watch a drama channel run by a qualified lawyer.

Posting a photo of her new Tesla in the midst of lockdown and a global pandemic is a little in bad taste too. Fine if she has it, but. You know.

Reactions: 21
I enjoy her videos but she’s always a couple of days late to the drama. Sebastian Williams covers the exact same stories but he is much quicker getting his videos up, so I watch his before Angelika has time to upload

I watched her maybe a year ago and did enjoy her. I found her quite refreshing. Like someone said, she used to criticise other people for dropping out of uni for YouTube and it came across like that actually had her head screwed on. I also seem to remember her sort of mocking those who dedicate their careers to YouTube because she knew it wasn’t something that would last forever and to throw away your career for it was incredible irresponsible. At the time I though she might regret those things - they haven’t aged well now 🙄. And she liked to mention at every chance she got that she ‘sTuDiEd LaW’. She would literally beg people to watch her ads so she got more money and yes maybe it was all in jest but I think deep down she was being serious but tired to pass it off in a joking way.

She’s just become a bit of a hypocrite now that she’s got a taste of the money. Sold her soul to the devil.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Yeah, I agree with all of you.

I watched her for a while and stopped because the money got to her. Instead of quitting her law degree she could have finished her BA, she was so close. She could have had a degree, payed her her education with the YT money she earned and saved up for an apartment.

The thing is that a lot of commentary channels have gotten demonetized on YT, because of everything that has been going on and the commentary community basically broadcasting it to the world, YT is without warning ening peoples careers. Not sure how the bigger channels are holding on, but I hear that even channels that were YT partners were demonetizes and left to die.

So how long until she's forced to make other kind of content or sell her Tesla so she can finish up her degree and get a job?

Youtube is a risky place, especially if you don't make safe content, and the definition of what safe content is changes every time Youtube feels like it.

Reactions: 6
Isn’t she dating that memeulous person? Do him and his friends all do yt full time too?

I get all the comments about youtube not lasting but angelika seems very smart and anyone smart would know to invest their money so they have more reliable sources of income. Her revenue/views and watch time is probably crazy. I think she actually makes fair comments 70% of the time and you can tel her law degree helps her make better observations than most of these drama channel people.
I do remember her making a comment about gossip sites which I didn’t really get because a drama channel is essentially doing the same but putting way more work and research into ‘petty’ things...

my friend was on her uni course and said she’s one of the sweetest people she met on the course. Also their course is so intensely difficult... I feel sorry for them actually... and I do a programming degree. so I’m not really surprised, although Iwas looking forward to her graduating.

Also don’t really see much issue posting a tesla I’ve seen a lot of people posting milestones and angelika seems quite reserved on social media so it’s a great achievement for her to share

i think her comments about drama channels were more about people criticising peoples looks rather than their content

I get all the comments about youtube not lasting but angelika seems very smart and anyone smart would know to invest their money so they have more reliable sources of income. Her revenue/views and watch time is probably crazy. I think she actually makes fair comments 70% of the time and you can tel her law degree helps her make better observations than most of these drama channel people.
I do remember her making a comment about gossip sites which I didn’t really get because a drama channel is essentially doing the same but putting way more work and research into ‘petty’ things...
Yeah she doesn't have a leg to stand on making comments about sites like this. The only difference is that she gets paid now to say the things we say.

Here's the tweet where someone "outed" them

she has a bf? lol she has never mentioned him. Keeping a relationship a secret never turns to be good🙈

She recently bought a Tesla after dropping out of her law degree to pursue YouTube and her content feels like it has become increasingly lazy and badly researched. She also flip-flops between opinions, just repeating the opinions of people either on r/beautyguruchatter, tattle or gurugossip.

Anyone else getting a little frustrated with her content?
her parents are rich. They travel a lot every year and go on holidays.I always knew she is well off and living with parents and not being independent is easier for her

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
her parents are rich. They travel a lot every year and go on holidays.I always knew she is well off and living with parents and not being independent is easier for her
Yeah it's quite obvious she's another influencer that comes from money.

Reactions: 3
Her constant complaining of being behind on the tea and uploading late is because she's in a different time zone to the US channels is so annoying, that's not really an excuse if this is your only job 😂 why not pull some all nighters during periods of extreme drama such as now, and stop mentioning your 2nd channel in the intro as if it's hard work to do both.

There’s never been more material for commentary channels to work with and I feel like that’s really sorting the wheat from the chaff... I watched a few Angelika oles videos about the gleam team on her way up a while back and thought they were never anything special even then. I feel like a lot of why she’s popular is for the way she says things rather than the actual content. The confident no-nonsense attitude and cockney accent sounds like she’s owning you even when she’s saying nothing special at all. Especially to Americans (no insult meant, we all know some Americans have a weakness for English accents. No judgement-the English have a weakness for Irish accents) She makes such basic statements that amount to no more than observations a lot of the time. Listening to her reminds me of girls gossiping at school. It also really bothered me on her most recent video description she refers the “alleged lies“ against Shane Dawson. Surely “lies” or “alleged accusations” ? Pedantic I know

The best commentary channels around at the moment are alize and d’angelo Wallace in my view.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The best commentary channels around at the moment are alize and d’angelo Wallace in my view.
I second these two cause Alize doesn't focus just on drama and D'Angelo puts so much work into his videos. Angelika parrots everyone else's opinion so she literally never has a consistent positioning on anything.

Reactions: 7