Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DietGossip

VIP Member
She recently bought a Tesla after dropping out of her law degree to pursue YouTube and her content feels like it has become increasingly lazy and badly researched. She also flip-flops between opinions, just repeating the opinions of people either on r/beautyguruchatter, tattle or gurugossip.

Anyone else getting a little frustrated with her content?

• Wow
Reactions: 21

SpookyLumberjack

VIP Member
I've been watching her since that Zoella video and usually enjoy her content, but she definitely is in it more for the ££££ now. I tried watching her 2nd channel but it was so, so, so boring and rambling that I had to stop. I have a feeling she'd love to be a beauty guru of some sort in the future, which is a shame. To be honest I actually don't always know who she's talking about in her videos.

It's a shame she dropped out, it would have been a great back up, 2 years in was quite a way in, of course she can always go back to it but she may regret not finishing it one day when she was already halfway through. I know a lot of people (a weird amount actually) who did law degrees than went into the arts in some way (acting, designing, directing, theatre etc) and that was their plan, but they wanted something to fall back on, none have used their law degree yet, but at least it's done and to be honest it would have been interesting to watch a drama channel run by a qualified lawyer.

Posting a photo of her new Tesla in the midst of lockdown and a global pandemic is a little in bad taste too. Fine if she has it, but. You know.

Reactions: 21
I want to like Angelika, but I just can't deal with her anymore. I cannot believe that she dropped out of law school to be a gossip YT channel and not even a good one at that. I'm unsubbing.

Reactions: 20

jkcsway

Although I know it’s her personal style and it doesn’t matter really, I find it strange how she does these beautiful soft glam makeup looks and wears a tacky in-your-face champion t shirt to match.

Reactions: 14

Horatio

VIP Member
There’s never been more material for commentary channels to work with and I feel like that’s really sorting the wheat from the chaff... I watched a few Angelika oles videos about the gleam team on her way up a while back and thought they were never anything special even then. I feel like a lot of why she’s popular is for the way she says things rather than the actual content. The confident no-nonsense attitude and cockney accent sounds like she’s owning you even when she’s saying nothing special at all. Especially to Americans (no insult meant, we all know some Americans have a weakness for English accents. No judgement-the English have a weakness for Irish accents) She makes such basic statements that amount to no more than observations a lot of the time. Listening to her reminds me of girls gossiping at school. It also really bothered me on her most recent video description she refers the “alleged lies“ against Shane Dawson. Surely “lies” or “alleged accusations” ? Pedantic I know

The best commentary channels around at the moment are alize and d’angelo Wallace in my view.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I used to watch her a lot in like 2018-2019 because I thought she seemed intelligent, sassy and down to earth which I liked. But I feel like she's got so ... boring? All her 'research' is so surface level and she never has anything original to say. She also repeats herself so much in videos and over-explains some of the same points way too much, like we're stupid. And it really bothers me how often she'll be unsure on stuff like say 'I think his name was this' or 'this was in 2018.. maybe 2017??' dude you have quite an easy job and you can't even do enough research to get your facts straight? ugh. Have unsubbed.

Reactions: 13

Sweetcorn

Chatty Member
I watched her maybe a year ago and did enjoy her. I found her quite refreshing. Like someone said, she used to criticise other people for dropping out of uni for YouTube and it came across like that actually had her head screwed on. I also seem to remember her sort of mocking those who dedicate their careers to YouTube because she knew it wasn’t something that would last forever and to throw away your career for it was incredible irresponsible. At the time I though she might regret those things - they haven’t aged well now 🙄. And she liked to mention at every chance she got that she ‘sTuDiEd LaW’. She would literally beg people to watch her ads so she got more money and yes maybe it was all in jest but I think deep down she was being serious but tired to pass it off in a joking way.

She’s just become a bit of a hypocrite now that she’s got a taste of the money. Sold her soul to the devil.

• Sad
Reactions: 13

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
have to give it to her though that her dog is cute, but i really don't understand how she repeatedly called everybody out for not adopting a pup and getting "a new one" when she did exactly the same, she just wanted a designer dog no matter what
Core of Angelika is that she was just jealous of all these YouTubers / Influencers which is why she probably started the channel, she was jealous deep down and wanted to call them out. She's slowly becoming everything she used to criticise with no shame.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I'm disappointed in her. She was so refreshing but like Jack maaate got suckered in by the career they were parodying.
Can't be bothered with either of them now.

unknown7575

I’m not religious at all but the way she attacks some religions is so ignorant. Just because there are some toxic people in a religion doesn’t mean the WHOLE religion is toxic.

• Heart
I used to watch her religiously but slowly gave up because it’s so clear she puts no effort whatsoever into her videos. I finally watched a video for the first time in weeks today and couldn’t get more than a few minutes into it...
What drives me nuts about her is how she repeatedly asks viewers to comment down below to “help her engagement” rather than you know, actually being engaging? The bar is set lower and lower with every video.

Reactions: 10

Hex

She spent her summer holidays in Poland for 3 weeks and then she has the audacity to call out everyone who goes abroad during the pandemic.

• Wow

fauxfreckle

Chatty Member
She brings no personality into it either lol like she’s never funny and never does video requests when people ask about her books or her puppy. She hasn’t got an intro, never has any original comments...She’s never even done a q&a it feels like we’re just watching a robot. Idk how she’s like one of the biggest drama channels atp

Helmi

Okay, first time in this thread. I've been subscribed to Angelika out of habit and haven't really paid much attention to the controversies surrounding her. I watch an occasional video here and there, usually as background noise when I'm getting ready for the day. I don't watch any other commentary channels, so I haven't had anything to compare her to. This week, however, I was eager to learn more about the Nikki Philippi dog scandal, so I watched LaurDIY's informative video on the topic to learn more. And then today, I watched Angelika's video on the same topic. The videos are almost identical. Granted, Angelika does mention Lauren's video in the beginning but it still does not make it okay to copy every single point from that video and almost claim them as your own. That's just lazy and it finally made me unsubscribe.

I reckon a lot of Angelika's viewers are like me – not very much invested in the YouTuber world and just want an easy digest of the latest drama. But since I don't follow any other channels, I have never realised how much content she copies from other drama channels instead of doing her own research and making her own arguments. And I hate the fact that she gets away with it and I let her get away with it for so long.

• Wow

Lola123

VIP Member
I’m still not over her love for Charlotte tilbury and then lack of mention that they weren’t cruelty free! She comes across as so fake and spoilt

Reactions: 9

Mac900

Shes shite and never shows reciepts. If your gona talk bout drama, atleast show some clips or messages whatever ur talking bout , not just repeat what everyone else said a week before and assume we seen that.
Also shes supposely dating memeulous - nt sure thats known ?

Last edited:

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
Every time I look she’s dropped about 1000 subscribers

wonder if dropping out of Uni was really worth it
Honestly was a really stupid idea to drop out of uni and do YouTube full time. Especially when it's still her sitting in her bedroom with a ring light reading out peoples Tweets. It would be understandable if she had some kind of actual content or cinematography skills or anything but to give up a promising law career to do a drama channel is such poor life judgement.

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
I remember finding some of her videos long ago when she only had like a hundred subscribers but was the only person doing commentary on some topics so watched a few but eventually just realised I didn't care for drama so much so stopped. A couple of years later and somehow she has blown up and also got involved in the drama herself for some reason, but her content does not seem to have evolved at all.

She seems to have bought a ring light, still records videos in her bedroom against a grey wall, and the video quality might be slightly better now? And she has dropped out of uni to focus on this full time? Seems like an unsustainable decision.

Reactions: 8

Hex

Tea Time said it perfectly : The only reason she chose to drop out from law school was because on youtube you can criticize everyone without consequences.

Reactions: 8