Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
The new documentary will be showing on the 23rd of July, ten years after she passed away 💔
I’ll be watching it, but I really hope that after this she’s left in peace.

(edited to add the trailer)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
The saddest part of the film Amy is when of her friend’s recounts her their memory of the night Amy won the Grammy for Back To Black.

Despite receiving the highest accolade in music and performing in front of an audience of some of the biggest and most respected names in the industry, Amy turned to her friend and said ‘this is just no fun without drugs’.
That bit actually haunts me.

• Sad
Reactions: 4

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
I watched that arena doc where she went to Dingle the other day and she seems to talk of her Brother quite fondly. However never remember seeing him or hearing about him when she was at the height of fame. Actually thought she was an only child.
I remember her telling a story of him finding her on the kitchen floor after a breakup. Which made it into You Know I'm Good.

But also I'm not sure if I made that up 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
@clueless Its really interesting to hear your perspective as a meg-fan, and to see what other fans are like. I agree. You just don’t do that. It’s too personal.

I saw this book mentioned on Twitter by whoever is behind the official Amy Winehouse account, and even hardcore fans were saying things along the lines of, “no, this is too much“.

It’s called “in her own words”, but I feel like it’s more, “her own private things” and should be left alone.

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
By this way of thinking nothing pre 2010 would stand up to any scrutiny. It was a simpler different time.

People tried. Really tried. The rehab thing was awful as Blake was there too which made it worse. Her mum and dad both pushed, but she didn’t want the help at the time. She just couldn’t see the destructive cycle she was in. Was very hard to see.
What did she see in Blake? She seemed to have been really infatuated with him.

Puppys

She was a fantastic performer and songwriter. A true one-off.
She was but I could never tell what she was saying 😂she was extremely talented though ❤

She was a bit lost on me too be honest, I never really got the hype about her. I can recognise a good singer/songwriter but at the same time be a bit “meh” about them. I quite like Tears Dry on Their Own
Loved that one 👍

Prince fan 1999

VIP Member
I love watching biopics so will wait for this to come out on dvd. It has to be better than the recent Bob Marley one. That was a snore fest. Don't know why everyone seemed to rave about that one 🥱🥱🥱

VIP Member
It’s strange isn’t it? I find it a bit tacky to be honest! And maybe this is me reading too much into it but it’s sad too, as it’s like she couldn’t even have a final resting place without people attaching themselves to her forever. A bit like in her life really 😔

Oh I love that, never clip my wings! 🕊 I don’t have any tattoos but I considered getting a pin-up, beehived Amy in the same sort of style as her Cynthia one! I also kind of wanted the one she had over her heart, the pocket with ‘Blake’s’ only with my fiancé’s name 😅
Aw that’s a really interesting take on the friends names - it rings true though. Sad

I would love both the same tattoos as you’ve said. Always toyed with the idea of the pocket one, I’d love to have the name Written too just like her tbh but knowing him as a person it would never be right

I remember my sisinlaws place where she worked had a lovely boat they used for guests presentations etc,she could get it,we picked boat up Paddington,We had wine,sarnies etc,we travelled up to Camden lock,it was packed we realised it was the day Amy had died,we just heard about it..it was packed..All along the canal.
Sounds like the plot of a movie I‘d love to watch. :)

• Heart

Bluenose70💙

VIP Member
Im going to watch it but im not sure i will like it going by what people have said, i love Jack OConnell so i would of watched anyway.

rememberwayne

VIP Member
It really stuck with me in the documentary where she was so out of it and they just put her on the plane unconscious. Such a terrible waste
Which documentary was this please?

She was so healthy here and her voice amazing. There are less than seven years between his interview and her death!

She looks absolutely incredibly healthy here

Last edited:
  • Heart

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
Regarding "Rehab" - it has a catchy melody and if you don't listen to the words it simply is a good song. But I agree, it is a sad song.
Similar to "Back to black" - essentially she was celebrated for her sadness, her suffering.
Maybe this was also hard to deal with. Imagine you pour your heart and pain out and people love the songs but the pain is still there.
I agree. They're great songs, but, so sad. It's a bit like that Lewis Capaldi song that everyone loves, when it's about suicide.