Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrAllSeeingEye

VIP Member
Yeah that magazine cover says September 2013, so only a couple of years after her death.

I watched the biopic at the weekend and wasn’t expecting much, but I really enjoyed it. I thought Marisa did a great job playing Amy.

Reactions: 2

Venuslurker

Chatty Member
Stronger than Me isn't about ladyboys 🤣, but yes she had very traditional views of masculinity/femininity.

Warpaint

VIP Member
I remember her telling a story of him finding her on the kitchen floor after a breakup. Which made it into You Know I'm Good.

But also I'm not sure if I made that up 😆
She told that story in the doc. It was her flat mate who found her 2 days into a JD bender playing the same song on repeat.

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
Whilst there is no doubt that her relationship with Blake was really toxic I blame her father for a lot of what happened. I think he is a huge part of why she was such a vulnerable, damaged, adult. I think the man is vile.
oh he is for sure. He and Blake both have a lot to answer for.
also-I dont care if Blake was dragged up on an estate with a crack whore mother, it doesnt excuse his behavior, and how damaging he was for Amy.
I will die on this hill.

• Heart

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
I can't say I've dug deep on the family and am not a huge fan of the music, but any time I saw Janis interviewed I thought she seemed nice. Mitch, I didn't like.

Am I naive in thinking Janis was a decent woman?

Yel

Chatty Member
Did anyone watch the documentary years before her death that focused on her being obsessed with the 27 club? I feel like it was on channel 4 and I don't think it's been repeated since her death.

Burritobowl

Woooow, I was very young when Amy died, and she wasn't that big here in Mexico, I also knew about her addiction problems, but had no idea the roll her partners or her father had in everything, it's just heartbreaking.

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Am I the only one who thought she was overrated, she had a good voice but I couldn't take to her songs with the exception of F*** Me Pumps and Rehab.

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
That mag cover is about 10 years old, I think.

Didn't realise he'd married again.
Ah ok, that makes sense.

Yes he remarried, to the woman he was having an affair with while married to Janis.

I was reading earlier that Janis also remarried, sadly her 2nd husband passed away in the last few years.

Warpaint

VIP Member
I watched that arena doc where she went to Dingle the other day and she seems to talk of her Brother quite fondly. However never remember seeing him or hearing about him when she was at the height of fame. Actually thought she was an only child.

clueless

Chatty Member
If Mitch was heavily involved in the film, why is Blake coming off well in it? I can’t imagine he’d be happy about that, but I suppose as long as he is shown as World’s Best Dad that’s the main thing 🤔