Amy Huberman

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems like a nice person but is over exposed in the media - other up and coming authors , actresses could get a bit of exposure if the press weren’t always fawning over her .

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Seems like a nice person but is over exposed in the media - other up and coming authors , actresses could get a bit of exposure if the press weren’t always fawning over her .
Her humour Is so grating. Loud, exaggerated, quirky facial expressions. She's an amateur.

Reactions: 16
She's not a good actress, I've honestly seen better in local theatre. Not sure how she became 'a well known name'
A lot of her ‘well known name’ comes from being a rugby wag at the ‘right time’. When rugby was big and doing well in Ireland and about the only time Irish media actually showed interest in wags.

Reactions: 9
I read one of her books on holiday years ago - I think it was her first, and I'm not sure if there have been more - and her writing style made Cecelia Aherne look like Jane Austen: it was breathtakingly amateurish.
Her acting is only fair - I remember liking her in The Clinic 100 years ago - but her comedy is abysmal. She even ruined an episode of Derry Girls for me!
That Finding Joy show she wrote was an embarrassment too.
She designs/puts her name on a range of shoes and some of them are quite cute, but having tried on a few pairs, they're just too uncomfortable for me. The quality doesn't seem to add up to the price either.
She tries far too hard on social media - someone already mentioned the puns and Jesus yes they are painful.
Anyone met her? Is she a horror?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I had to unfollow her a while ago, her posts were really annoying and I didn’t think they were funny

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I read one of her books on holiday years ago - I think it was her first, and I'm not sure if there have been more - and her writing style made Cecelia Aherne look like Jane Austen: it was breathtakingly amateurish.
Her acting is only fair - I remember liking her in The Clinic 100 years ago - but her comedy is abysmal. She even ruined an episode of Derry Girls for me!
That Finding Joy show she wrote was an embarrassment too.
She designs/puts her name on a range of shoes and some of them are quite cute, but having tried on a few pairs, they're just too uncomfortable for me. The quality doesn't seem to add up to the price either.
She tries far too hard on social media - someone already mentioned the puns and Jesus yes they are painful.
Anyone met her? Is she a horror?
My boyfriend met her through work a while back and she was lovely apparently 😅😂

Reactions: 1
A bit like “Tubs”! It’s not what you know it’s who you know!! He has family connections in certain areas that enabled him to get Jobs which have lead to his present position! While absolutely abysmal on television he actually a good broadcaster. I doubt if he hadn’t the connections he would not be in the position he is now!

Reactions: 5
I met her some years ago at an event with kids. It was one of those things where the kids have to wait their turn, share etc. ie great if your kids are on form, nightmare if not!! There was a lot of waiting around for Amy who wanted to indulge hers just a little bit more than everyone else - that extra few minutes to take a picture, let them continue what they were doing, be really cutesy cute etc. All the rest of us managed to cajole / bribe / coerce ours into formation - then we all had to wait for Amy. Nothing sinister, just the assumption that her situation was that little bit more cute and special was really irritating.

Reactions: 9
So Amy and BOD went out of their way to host a Ukrainian family. Fair play to them and I genuinely mean that.
However, the dream turned into a nightmare as apparently the family they hosted had had an awful time before they left Ukraine and the Ukrainian children were very traumatised and found it difficult to settle. Which is obvious, they had experienced significant trauma and lost their home.
The BOD family couldn't cope, word is the fallout was horrendous; local auctioneers were instructed to find the family suitable accommodation in record time.

TBF, accommodation was found over the weekend and the Ukrainian family were sent on their merry way within 48 hours.

I admire them for having access to solutions and helping out the family, but no doubt the PR spin will be very different.
So now Amy is being revered in the D4/ Willow enclave but plenty of other families are just getting on with the challenges and putting up with the difficulties.

Probably not juicy enough for Tattle followers .

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11