Amy Dowden

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm all for raising awareness but ffs! My lovely late husband died from malignant melanoma. Diagnosed too late apparently. Despite operating and chemo plus radiation therapy it was too late to save him. He got on with life as best he could. Was dignified and very stoic. He's desperately missed but no way would he want to be known as a warrior! Perhaps this is all a bit close to home for me? Off for a much needed cuppa

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thanks for the new thread - I'm a Strictly fan and sad about Amy. Still wondering about her saying they found another type of cancer. At least I think that's what she was saying. Why am I worrying that she's going to be another one who stays vague about the details, so you just worry without knowing how bad (or not!) it is. If I understood right - they found a second tumor in the same breast but it's a different type? I don't know if I've ever heard of that.

Reactions: 1
Thanks for the new thread - I'm a Strictly fan and sad about Amy. Still wondering about her saying they found another type of cancer. At least I think that's what she was saying. Why am I worrying that she's going to be another one who stays vague about the details, so you just worry without knowing how bad (or not!) it is. If I understood right - they found a second tumor in the same breast but it's a different type? I don't know if I've ever heard of that.
My friends Mum has this at the moment - two different types of BC at the same time but fingers crossed her treatment seems to be going well (but I hadn't heard of it happening before mind)

Reactions: 2
Yes I have heard of this from a fellow cancer patient. One lump was hormone receptor positive and another lump was triple negative. Both in same breast. Such a horrible sneaky disease šŸ˜„. Not sure if that is what corresponds to Amy's diagnosis.

Having just gone through surgery I'm so thankful I didn't have to post about my journey for content and ā‚¬ā‚¬.

Reactions: 5
I feel like she is one of these people who pretend they are using their status and social media platform to raise awareness, but actually, sheā€™s enjoying the attention and sympathy she is getting.
Donā€™t get me wrong - itā€™s a very sad situation and wouldnā€™t wish it onto anyone but I do feel like sheā€™s kind of jumped on the cancer influencer bandwagon very very quickly.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I agree. She wants to share her diagnosis etc and have multiple hello mag interviews but doesnā€™t actually give any information. You either share or stay private.
Itā€™s awful sheā€™s unwell but it just feels like sheā€™s jumping on the canfluencer bandwagon

Reactions: 9
I agree. She wants to share her diagnosis etc and have multiple hello mag interviews but doesnā€™t actually give any information. You either share or stay private.
Itā€™s awful sheā€™s unwell but it just feels like sheā€™s jumping on the canfluencer bandwagon
Sheā€™s shared nothing. Surely if you want to raise awareness youā€™d say the basic things, the type of cancer you have etc. Nobody is forcing her to do this, keep it private, but the whole selling to Hello or Ok mag is a bit šŸ¤¢. The repeat insta posts of everyone mentioning her are boring. Iā€™m not sure what sheā€™s trying to achieve if Iā€™m honest.

Reactions: 8
I was just discussing this yesterday with my Mam. Feels very much like sheā€™s quickly realised the attention and money you can make with this sort of thing, she is constantly in Hello Mag. All for raising awareness but I donā€™t really feel sheā€™s doing that. All the same it is very sad and if Iā€™m reading between her very vague lines correctly, things donā€™t look great.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Sorry to hear she had sepsis after her first chemo. She said she had an infection even before the chemo (or she thinks that's what happened.) Someone here I think said that her Crohn's may compromise her immune system.

I'm still worried about her saying she had two kinds of cancer - wish she'd say which two kinds and if a pet scan showed she was clear other than the two tumors in her breast. But I guess it's asking too much for details all the time. Anyway, she's young and hopefully will make it through ok.

Not sure how I feel about it. Itā€™s a club no one wants to be in but dare I say it seems to be lucrative for some. My guess is it keeps Amy in the spotlight and also financially there is still some income. It probably also passes the time and gives her a focus. I read she has cameras following her ā€˜journeyā€™. I think to be any help to the masses you need to transparent and share more details than she probably feels comfortable with. Therefore sheā€™s not really educating anyone. I think her sharing her story is for her benefit and financial security as opposed to being an educator about her type of cancer.

Reactions: 7
I guess any kind of awareness of this awful disease is better than nothing, I know she doesn't have to share anything at all but it could help somebody somewhere, especially amongst younger people, after all she is young and fit and I think sometimes people forget cancer can target anyone hope that makes sense
I think alot of celebrities can help raise awareness with their personal battles if they chose to but either share enough to make a difference or keep it private, im sure I've said this before but Deborah James shared her experience and I do think it helped raise awareness I will hold my hand up and say I had no idea of the bowel cancer symptoms until she spoke out.

I really dislike this ā€˜cancer influencerā€™ thing. Sadly too many families experience cancer first hand that I donā€™t think we need a blow by blow account on film. Yes things like Bowel Babe raising amazing awareness and funds in areas of cancer that need it more or Jonnie Irwin sharing how you need to put things in place to protect your family when you are no longer her but you just have to watch stand up to cancer events etc to know there are a million more stories sadly. Regular people are having chemo and still having to work etc. life can always be tougher than it is for celebs but cancer is a leveller. I donā€™t think anyone lacks awareness in how traumatic and challenging cancer is to treat and live with šŸ˜” just not everyone gets to dress up at NTAs sadly!

Reactions: 9
Was surprised to see her at the ntaā€™s tonight. Iā€™m sure it will all be part of her ā€œauthored documentaryā€ which will be nominated next year

Reactions: 4
I find Amy really irritating and i cant put my finger on why. She just seems very childish for a woman of her age. Im now finding her refusal to shave her hair off a little bit ridiculous. Shes only got the little tufty bits and the back and sides left now, what on earth is the point? Shes drawing it out and actually creating a much bigger drama out of it than it ever needed to be. Getting her husband to brush her hair for her so she cant see whats falling out? what a load of nonsense. The hair will be failing out now with every slight move of her head or every time anything touches her scalp - she will be seeing it all coming away when shes putting on and taking off that head scarf or cap, it wil be all down her back when shes in the shower, it will be filling up the plug hole, it will be all over her pillow and all over the bed covers, all over the house.

Reactions: 4
I find Amy really irritating and i cant put my finger on why. She just seems very childish for a woman of her age. Im now finding her refusal to shave her hair off a little bit ridiculous. Shes only got the little tufty bits and the back and sides left now, what on earth is the point? Shes drawing it out and actually creating a much bigger drama out of it than it ever needed to be. Getting her husband to brush her hair for her so she cant see whats falling out? what a load of nonsense. The hair will be failing out now with every slight move of her head or every time anything touches her scalp - she will be seeing it all coming away when shes putting on and taking off that head scarf or cap, it wil be all down her back when shes in the shower, it will be filling up the plug hole, it will be all over her pillow and all over the bed covers, all over the house.
When my aunt started loosing her hair it was literally falling out as she just sat doing nothing šŸ˜Ŗ

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I have never known anything as ridiculously self indulgent as this nonsense today on her instagram - al her various family and friends taking it in turns to chop bits of her hair off before she has it shaved - for the love of christ, get a grip.

Reactions: 6