Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Disneylover_89

Chatty Member
Hi everyone, new to this thread. I sadly lost my Mum nearly 6 years ago to an aggressive form of breast cancer. Whilst she was having chemo she kept away from high risk/crowded areas to reduce risk of becoming ill. I cannot fathom how Amy is in the studio amongst all these people whilst still assuming having chemotherapy. And especially at a time when flu and Covid is rife. She has had sepsis and her immune system will be low, I can't understand why you would put your health and treatment at risk just for some attention in the Strictly studio?

• Heart
Reactions: 19

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
One thing I do find quite strange is you never see or hear much about her husband do you? Never really mentions him.
Its been the same since before she had cancer. When she was eliminated from Strictly the year she was shagging Tom Fletcher, instead of her going home to see her then fiance and check in on their dance school etc she chose to stay down south and follow Tom around, going out to dinner with him, going to umpteen of his concerts where she stood alone side of stage watching him, going with him to pick his kids up from school, continuing to do dance rehearsals with him alone despite the fact they had nothing to rehearse for as they had left the competition etc

all very weird.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I don’t think her husband is much of a feature in her life full stop, I was faintly surprised to see him in her HELLO! wedding spread, in all honesty.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Secretbrillopad

VIP Member
Many of our frustrations with Amy pre-date her diagnosis. Her past behaviour and conduct with her Strictly partners, the saccharine personality, the wedding magazine indulgence.

@rejected I'm really sorry you didn't feel able to share the changes to your body with your family. That must have been incredibly difficult. However, none of us here have in any way mocked or judged Amy's new appearance to my mind. She is beautiful, with or without hair, and always has been.

However she's putting this all out there in the public domain. She claims to want to help people, but I'm not entirely sure showing off a collective slew of freebies and experiences ordinary people will never get to have is helping anyone but herself. A huge long pity fest having all her family lop off her hair... it feels like drama for drama's sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Oh she can’t wear a wig, how will anyone immediately know she has cancer?
Its just ridiculous
shes had her head covered up with scarves and dressing gown hoods etc since she shaved it but waits until she’s on national TV to do her “big” bald head reveal… its so fucking transparent its sickening. No doubt this will be weaved into the storyline for her documentary shes filming - complete with BTS footage of her crying backstage with all the Strictly huns hugging her, telling her how gorgeous she looks and how brave she is…… yawn…..

• Heart
Reactions: 14

glasgow27

VIP Member
I'm conflicted on this one because obviously cancer is evil and I hate the idea that anyone is suffering, particularly at her age, but I've always thought Amy was the type of person who absolutely laps up any and all sympathy/positive attention and I think we're seeing another case of that here. I've kinda saw through her ever since she sat doe-eyed and borderline crying because Danny John-Jules didn't show up to It Takes Two and all of Digital Spy and Twitter acted like the guy was some evil criminal and she was the most hard done by victim on planet earth. Then there was the weird self-indulgent bullshit with Tom Fletcher, the pair of them were beyond cringeworthy.

I'm not looking forward to Strictly inevitably rolling out the red carpet for her when she does return because she simply isn't as big of a part of the show as perhaps some think, one of the weakest pros in the lineup and her absence is personally barely noticed. But I do hope for her sake that she does beat cancer and has better days ahead with her health.

• Heart

Catlady1

VIP Member
The trouble with Amy’s brand of spreading awareness is that it’s all so dramatic and attention seeking. I could bore on about my own cancer journey but I won’t!! All I will say is that providing information about the scary parts of it would not have helped me. She had sepsis but what she didn’t say is that when you have chemo they tell you very clearly that sepsis is a common side effect of it. They give you a card with all the symptoms and tell you to not delay seeking medical attention. If you phone an ambulance you tell them you are having chemo and the hospital activate the sepsis protocol immediately. It is all very matter of fact. Also the hair thing there are ways to keep your hair if that is important to you. In my experience have you hair cut short not shaved and use the cold cap that is offered to all nhs patients. She didn’t mention any of this only did that stupid hair shaving dancing crap thing. No mention of the cold cap. With cancer you feel pretty powerless and the best awareness I found is to take control of your own journey as much as you can. And don’t read anything provided by these fluff headed drama lovers who are making money!

• Heart

Secretbrillopad

VIP Member
So made a huge fuss of getting the beautiful wigs and "feeling like me again" this week and then forgoes them. Cue a billion reposted stories congratulating her strength, I presume.

Thank god the t&C's carry on left her without the chance to do her Princess Di eyes.

Agh. I hate how shitty this is making me as a person. 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Catlady1

VIP Member
She’s on Loose Women saying she went to all her cancer referral appointments without her husband. I just can’t comprehend that you wouldn’t want the support of the person you love most in the world going through such a difficult situation. Don’t do that you need love and support. What does that say about him and in fact her.
I won’t bore on about the cold cap but just in case anybody needs advice what it does is freeze your hair follicle for the initial shock of the chemo drugs. The idea is that it stops complete follicle damage and allows you to keep a normal amount of hair. As I said I did loose hair it thinned drastically but if you didn’t know what my hair was like before you wouldn’t know I’d had chemo. It is very cold and uncomfortable and lots of people decide they can’t tolerate it because it causes some head pain. Normally that’s better if you take a paracetamol! I am of course a massive hero when it comes to my cancer journey so there we are!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

jayne2240

VIP Member
Nobody is commenting on the fact she actually has cancer. The issue lies with the way in which these influencers and celebs are brandished as heroes and brave when in reality they are so very privileged. Thousands of people have to experience this, but go about normal life and continue working, having to stay strong because their families can’t survive if they don’t. It’s the profiting from a condition that is so common, and all whilst not being transparent whilst alleging to be “raising awareness”. It’s making a song and dance about being heartbroken at losing her hair whilst simultaneously going centre stage on national television. It comes across as out of touch, and this forum is set up to allow us to express our frustration surrounding these issues without having to directly say it to Amy, something none of us would dream of doing I’m sure.

For full clarity, I’m sure every person on this thread feels so sorry for Amy and everything she is going through and wish her nothing but a speedy recovery and back to dancing etc asap. However this does not mean we can’t criticise some of the things she does, both can be true at once.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Hedylamar

I'm all for raising awareness but ffs! My lovely late husband died from malignant melanoma. Diagnosed too late apparently. Despite operating and chemo plus radiation therapy it was too late to save him. He got on with life as best he could. Was dignified and very stoic. He's desperately missed but no way would he want to be known as a warrior! Perhaps this is all a bit close to home for me? Off for a much needed cuppa

• Heart
Dianne is dancing to It’s all about you by McFly which Tom sang at Amy’s wedding. Perfect opportunity for a video message.
I can’t believe Tom sang that to another woman on her wedding day 😂 he was so in love with Amy that Gi had to become best mates with her aswell

• Haha
Her constant ‘STRICTLY 2019!!! MEMORIES!!’ content is really irritating me. Reminds me of that one twat mate on Facebook who went to Thailand once and every few weeks posts a pic of the beach or them drinking out of a cocktail bucket and going ‘THAILAND ‘22, TAKE ME BACK!!’ ‘HOW has it been a year already since I was on the AMAZING BEACH IN THAILAND?!’

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Vix49

It was the Neil Jones doing her injection that just did it for me! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Be at home with your husband & family!!!
Allow your body to rest & heal!!! Running around everywhere doing everything with a low immune system is just havoc on your body.

Frankly Mr Shankly

Chatty Member
I've had to stop watching her. Personally my 'journey' wasn't great and still isn't and I feel she's rubbing my nose in the fact that she looks so great.
There's cameras and crew documenting her which is fair enough but her constant toothy grin isn't for me.
I hope people are taking comfort from her and she's raising awareness :)

• Heart

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Repost after repost of her walking to that fucking bell! You’d think she’d just got home from fighting at Goose Green.
Its just all so fucking self indulgent and saccharine and vomit inducing and i cannot stand this wide-eyed little girl act she puts on. Seriously fucking grow up. It’s pathetic

Reactions: 10