American Horror Story

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m literally obsessed with Jessica Lange but I loved Asylum, Coven and probably Freak show the best. I loved Hotel too. Not so keen on Cult or the later ones x

Reactions: 2
Dunno if anyone has seen, but Leslie Jordan has passed away following a car crash after a medical incident 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
The new AHS is really reminiscent of the Jeffrey Dahmer series.. Ryan Murphy is obsessed haha

Reactions: 1
I am liking the new AHS, just need some more episodes released in Australia. It doess make me feel so sad how members of the LGBTIQ community were treated in the past, I nursed an older man about 6 years back who told me he had to hide who he was, he got married, had children and only came out as gay in his 60s, his wife always knew but it destroyed his kids.

• Sad
I’m sort of finding this season watchable, except it doesn’t feel like AHS to me at all apart from the actors familiar faces and the camerawork/lighting.

Oh, and I was convinced that I had missed an episode by accident because the start of episode 5 was so weird and made me go “huh? Have I missed something?” but reading other peoples comments online, seems like I’m not the only one.

I’m sort of finding this season watchable, except it doesn’t feel like AHS to me at all apart from the actors familiar faces and the camerawork/lighting.

Oh, and I was convinced that I had missed an episode by accident because the start of episode 5 was so weird and made me go “huh? Have I missed something?” but reading other peoples comments online, seems like I’m not the only one.
I agree it doesn't feel like AHS to me either. It does remind me of Ryan Murphys other show the Normal Heart and obviously a bit of the Dahmer one as well with Whitely. But not giving classic AHS vibes at all.

Really wanted that angel of death/judgement dark angel to be Francis Conroy though. That would have been 👌🏻

Maybe I’m just terrible with faces but my main gripe with this season is that the main cast look so similar that I’m struggling to keep up with who’s who.

Just finished S11, I didn’t really enjoy, I didn’t feel it had the spooky supernatural aspect of previous series

Reactions: 4
I think I would’ve enjoyed NYC more as a standalone show rather than part of AHS. It wasn’t bad per se but it just didn’t fit the vibe of the show.

That being said I’d love to see Joe Mantello (Gino) and Russell Tovey (Patrick) become series regulars. Leslie and Billie on the other hand need to go. Loved seeing Zachary Quinto again, I’ve wanted him back ever since Asylum.

I think I would’ve enjoyed NYC more as a standalone show rather than part of AHS. It wasn’t bad per se but it just didn’t fit the vibe of the show.

That being said I’d love to see Joe Mantello (Gino) and Russell Tovey (Patrick) become series regulars. Leslie and Billie on the other hand need to go. Loved seeing Zachary Quinto again, I’ve wanted him back ever since Asylum.
I was going to say the exact same thing. Hopefully next season is more of a traditional one.

Just finished this series just now. I maintain from my earlier comments it didn't feel like AHS at all. If someone had said "there's a new show and I think you'll like it, check it out" I would have watched it and enjoyed it, which I did. But it's not AHS. Did anyone else pick up on the fact the whole show seemed like it was filmed "fuzzy"? It was disorientating at times, felt like I was watching a dream. In actual fact, after watching the 7th or 8th episode I thought to myself "this is like something out of Twin Peaks" and then later learned the person directing that particular episode when I thought that was the daughter of David Lynch! :ROFLMAO: The whole of this series felt different to me, including the music (the music being quite a main part of it).

As like any of Ryan Murphy's shows, I thought this series started well and ended awfully. I can never understand how he has such a solid build of a show like AHS and consistently wreck it at the end of every season. Each one is a singular season, so automatically has a singular storyline from start to end which should be easy to write and plan, it has a solid cast that is willing to return every season to play different or similar characters, doesn't have to carry things on into other seasons so no need for long running storylines, is based on weirdness and horror so nothing is out of bounds or out of mind... IMO there is no need for each series to fall off near the end.

I LOVED season 11. The last two episodes were unforgettable. I’ve never cried at AHS but I bawled like a baby. So impactful!
I thought it was really contrived and OTT!

Oh for gods sake I just read an article that season 12 is going to be starring:

Emma Roberts

and

Kim Kardashian

• Sad
Bizarre! The latter has proven before that she can't act. Seems like a desperate attempt to bring viewers to a show that's been on the decline for a while now.

thought to myself "this is like something out of Twin Peaks"

It wishes it were Twin Peaks 😂 the last season was tit. American Horror stories was good though.

Emma Roberts

and

Kim Kardashian

Oh, ffs, I don't think I'll be watching it. What a joke.

Hasn't the first one been in it before anyway?
Yeah, she has!

Emma Roberts

and

Kim Kardashian
Her role will probably be similar to Adam Levine’s in Asylum. I doubt she’ll be a main cast member like Gaga.