Amelia Perrin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is, I kind of don’t care how much money she has but it’s more just how she talks about it/things?

People have different financial set ups and I can’t spend my whole life angry about it but what does get my back up is that I don’t think she thinks she does have a lot of money? Or doesn’t acknowledge it?

I’m not asking for bank statements or to see her blow her nose on a twenty pound note but something that has been a reoccurring theme with AP, right from when she was first with Joel and tweeting up a storm, is that she just cannot recognise her own privilege ever
You hit the nail on the head.

I think this is the thing about her that turned me off her the most.

She acts like she's poor/less well of than she is and constantly talks about all the money she doesn't have which is true. She and Chaz don't make good money and cannot subsidise their lifestyle. But she neglects the fact that things still seem to pop out of thin air for them - a house, a Merc, etc etc. It makes me not take her financially worries seriously at all because she clearly has a fairy godmother(s) ready to spring into action and save her. It's also insulting to people with actual money problems and no fallback of rich family. Again, she is completely fiat 500 twitter with her attempts at relatability.

Also the fact that squeezing every penny isn't make or break for her makes me really judge how she treats customer service staff. She is very quick to get the tiniest of discounts or compensation and is often rude in the process of doing it. I guess you can take the money out of someone entitled but not the sense of entitlement?

She lives beyond her means and prioritise superficial stuff for the optics e.g. dinner at Claridges over practical things and savings so her money issues are really of her own making anyway.

Also no shade to anyone who has financial help from family. I know someone who's parents helped her and her husband buy a house in central London, 3mil+ but she never pretends she made it all happen, or compares her financial woes with our other friend who's struggling to put together a deposit for a £288k property.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I always find it weird that she’ll do big primark hauls or whatever and find stuff cheaply on fb marketplace, moan how expensive things are and then drop £40 on takeaway, or buy a car (!).

it’s really hard for couples to live on one salary nowadays, especially in the south east. So the fact she said they could both live on her boyfriend’s salary when she was unemployed with no issues when he’s mid 20s, and presumably quite junior in his career, suggests they are either subsidised by parents, or have a tiny mortgage because so much was paid upfront.

Theres nothing wrong with being born into money. You can’t help it! It doesn’t make you a bad person! But it’s weird to be so vague about the transparency of it all.

Reactions: 3
Yeah I always find it weird that she’ll do big primark hauls or whatever and find stuff cheaply on fb marketplace, moan how expensive things are and then drop £40 on takeaway, or buy a car (!).

it’s really hard for couples to live on one salary nowadays, especially in the south east. So the fact she said they could both live on her boyfriend’s salary when she was unemployed with no issues when he’s mid 20s, and presumably quite junior in his career, suggests they are either subsidised by parents, or have a tiny mortgage because so much was paid upfront.

Theres nothing wrong with being born into money. You can’t help it! It doesn’t make you a bad person! But it’s weird to be so vague about the transparency of it all.
Agreed. Even the vagueness and keeping it on the down low is fine, it's more the pretending not to be wealthy and emphasising how thrifty she has to be e.g. primark hauls/fb marketplace finds but then as you said, spending money on luxuries. She's either pretending not to be as wealthy because it's not as vogue or popular or she's genuinely blind to her privilege.
Again I wonder what her friends who are quick to call stuff like this out (like Moya) think about this?

Reactions: 4
Agreed. Even the vagueness and keeping it on the down low is fine, it's more the pretending not to be wealthy and emphasising how thrifty she has to be e.g. primark hauls/fb marketplace finds but then as you said, spending money on luxuries. She's either pretending not to be as wealthy because it's not as vogue or popular or she's genuinely blind to her privilege.
Again I wonder what her friends who are quick to call stuff like this out (like Moya) think about this?
I feel like Moya is from a fairly well do to background too?

Don’t think she will have one as she had the family gender reveal and doesn’t have any friends
She did mention something about a baby shower on her stories the other day. Plus knowing how over the top her family do “occasions” I think there will be a shower

Reactions: 2
She did mention something about a baby shower on her stories the other day. Plus knowing how over the top her family do “occasions” I think there will be a shower
Agreed, she’ll def have a baby shower to get the gift grab in, prob get “push presents” as well.

Re: Moya, don’t really wanna derail but she posted a lot a couple years ago about being close to eviction and desperate for commissions. Not sure if she’d have been that open if there was a big safety net but who knows.

Reactions: 1
Does Moya have a thread? Because she went off on insta and Twitter previously about her ex boyfriend being a snake and a cheat and men are trash and now I’m sure she’s back with him and has posted a story of him in the sun
Dunno if she counts as an influencer, tbf to her she’s pretty talented. Thought the guy she’s with atm was different to whoever cheated on her though?

Any ideas on the name? 🕵️‍♀️ I love a good guessing game. I originally thought Ivy but now thinking something like Hyacinth?

Isn’t moya rich as well? I’m sure I’ve seen photos from her parents house… could be thinking of someone else…
I don't really know but from her linkedin, it says she went to a pretty average school/sixth form (and got amazing grades!) Not that it's a rule but I'd have thought if she was from money, she'd also have gone to private school like Amelia. I don't know why I assume Moya couldn't possibly be privileged herself just because she's always calling privilege out.

I thought people were asking for trouble by bringing Moya up in this thread and now she has sleuthed out the identity of a tattler and posted quite an entertaining thread on Twitter!

Reactions: 5
I thought people were asking for trouble by bringing Moya up in this thread and now she has sleuthed out the identity of a tattler and posted quite an entertaining thread on Twitter!
Yup, I feel for the Tattler who has been exposed (obviously not in full name and respect to Moya for being so fair) and I think it raises an interesting issue. Why would you engage with someone you’re talking about on here? If you hold the critical views so often shared on here, don’t be in their DMs trying to be friends, IMO.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.