Amelia Liana

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feel free to rip me apart and it's just my opinion but those Kelly bags looks so old, frumpy and dated, not even my grand mother would wear it. I know, I know it's considered a classic piece and you just buy for the status and name anyway but come on! :'D

Reactions: 19
That is obscene. I understand people have different amounts of money and people should be free to spend it how they wish, but I just don’t think I could spend like that even with all the money in the world. Do people not feel guilty when they think about how much of a difference it could genuinely make to peoples lives, that money?

Reactions: 23
That's the rich and powerful to you. Letting their underlings organize two charity events per year that'll raise tens of thousands of money for the underprivileged, then buy clothes and jewelry for said events that cost triple of the amount raised just to show off the new designer couture. It's important to have a full social calender instead of just not buying things and donating that money saved.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don’t think that’s what the she paid though as she bought hers in the store and the one she linled is pre-loved. Still RIDICULOUS!

View attachment 334175

Well Amelia referenced that bag after showing the Jacque Mus one saying: the difference in price is two zeros. JM bag is around 300-400 £ ... so yeah.... At the end of the day it's just a bag, how do you justify that kind of a purchase to yourself? Especially when it's bought with your family money most probably and not a result of your hard work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
She looked so thin in those stories of her dancing next to her instructor, really worrying.

Reactions: 6
That is obscene. I understand people have different amounts of money and people should be free to spend it how they wish, but I just don’t think I could spend like that even with all the money in the world. Do people not feel guilty when they think about how much of a difference it could genuinely make to peoples lives, that money?
exactly i mean imagine how many people they could genuinely help out not just with that money but with the money they have in general.. the world is such a twisted place

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Can you imagine being Rob and presumably feeling the pressure to sustain that lifestyle? Especially if he was self- made. Gosh

Well, she doesn't need her husband's money. Also I highly doubt anyone she'd ever even meet was self made.

Reactions: 23
The hermes bags are purely a status symbol I think, and there's also the faff around getting one so it's more exclusive than your average Chanel. Don't you have to constantly buy other things from Hermes to demonstrate to the sales assistants that you're somehow worthy of getting a bag? THEN they let you have a look at the stock at the back. It's so stupid.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
Plenty of self-made people who spend just like that, because they have to show off.

Not all Hermes bags are hard to get etc, that's just the Birkin, really. The Kelly isn't as exclusive, sometimes what makes a 2nd hand so expensive is the leather, because Hermes has many leather types and discontinues them from time to time, same with colours. Hardware also plays a role.
Their other bags are "easy to have". I wouldn't become an Hermes customer because of the faff. If I have a wad of cash and I want to buy X, why do I have to "build a relationship with an SA first" and spend more on other stupid tat I don't need or want???? (some people do go in and get what they want, depending on the sales person). Playing games isn't my thing.

Regardless, paying so much for a bag is daft, even when it's handmade in Europe. There's an Italian guy who handmakes his bags and you have a gazillion options on customizing and the prices are not even close to Hermes.

If you want a good leather bag that lasts for life, any half decent brand will do. It's so ridiculous with these "luxury houses".

I also can't get over Amelia's Kelly. Like, you go buy your "first major (Hermes) bag", as she put it, you view that as a big deal, you buy it to celebrate a milestone, and then you chose a mini. That small-ass stupid bag can't even fit a phone in. It's so ridiculously small, it defeats its own purpose. Then the colour is so garish that you can't even use the excuse that it's an "evening bag".
It's like a normal person going out to buy a house and then chosing a Wendy house. Wow, well done.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The price of that bag actually turns my stomach. Imagine the difference she could make with having disposable money like that, only to spend it on a bag. Sickening.

Reactions: 11
Haha no, they don't even think about them. Not even in a mean way, they just don't register with them.

I understand you have to be invited to purchase a birkin as a way of 'protecting the brand'. To ensure that the 'wrong sort' don't cheapen the brand in the way Chanel has been cheapened by over zealous bloggers wearing their quilted trophies with their boohoo dresses.
I don't know if anyone actually likes the Birkin bag design but instead likes (loves?) what carrying one says about you. Everyone knows you are not only obscenely wealthy but connected when they see a birkin on your arm.

It's a different world, this stuff really matters to those circles. They have so little else to concern themselves with.

Haha no, they don't even think about them. Not even in a mean way, they just don't register with them.

I understand you have to be invited to purchase a birkin as a way of 'protecting the brand'. To ensure that the 'wrong sort' don't cheapen the brand in the way Chanel has been cheapened by over zealous bloggers wearing their quilted trophies with their boohoo dresses.
I don't know if anyone actually likes the Birkin bag design but instead likes (loves?) what carrying one says about you. Everyone knows you are not only obscenely wealthy but connected when they see a birkin on your arm.

It's a different world, this stuff really matters to those circles. They have so little else to concern themselves with.
Wow. All that makes me feel is so very grateful to live my working class life where I do a job that is low paid but makes a genuine difference to other people. My £10 handbag serves its purpose in carrying around my (empty) purse, house key for my little terraced house and tissues to wipe my little girls nose. I can’t fathom caring that much about something so trivial. It’s a shame for them all!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Anyone seen her newest vlog where she’s crying with anxiety over launching her jewellery brand? (Skipped through to that bit as she tends to put those clickbait sections towards the end.) Boohoo. My heart really bleeds for the billionaire influencer girl who shops daily, buys handbags for 30000 £ and calls getting her nails done her job. Now, I don’t usually like to call people tone-deaf because of course you can’t always monitor everything that’s going on in the world – but posting this in the middle of a pandemic that’s destroying so many businesses I do call tone-deaf. (I can understand that you’re anxious when launching a brand, but if you’re a billionaire influencer maybe just don’t vlog it?)

Reactions: 20
I cant believe she didnt have any idea about any negative reactions towards blogger brands until she decided to google out of nowhere days before her own launch. What a bubble she lives in. She's also probably had all of the major PR packages for the last 5 years, is she seriously claiming she's never used another bloggers product and thought that it was anything less than 100% perfect?
Her hair is looking much better though even though she is still obsessed with how 'short' she thinks it is and i still dont understand why she goes so light on the highlights. Shocked to see that picture of her hair after the disastrous hair appointment though - understandable why shes upset really.

Screenshot_20201206-213751_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20201206-213828_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20201206-213900_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20201206-214041_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: 5
Sorry I’ve been a bit MIA on Amelias thread for a while but I just watched her most recent vlog and her mouth is profusely bleeding?! What on earth???

• Wow
I cant believe she didnt have any idea about any negative reactions towards blogger brands until she decided to google out of nowhere days before her own launch.
I don't believe that story for a second. She is way more scheming and calculated that we think or she appears to be. The whole sob story was just to gain sympathy and compassion from her viewers so they buy her tit and don't start to think about how ridiculous it is to start selling cheap jewelry in the middle of a pandemic. Buhuu, poor Amelia, whole Vlogmas is just an elaborate sequence after sequence of ads for her jewelry, I doubt there would've been a Vlogmas without the launch. (Kind of like Estee's Vlogtober is just to shill hers.)

Reactions: 11
Anyone seen her newest vlog where she’s crying with anxiety over launching her jewellery brand? (Skipped through to that bit as she tends to put those clickbait sections towards the end.) Boohoo. My heart really bleeds for the billionaire influencer girl who shops daily, buys handbags for 30000 £ and calls getting her nails done her job. Now, I don’t usually like to call people tone-deaf because of course you can’t always monitor everything that’s going on in the world – but posting this in the middle of a pandemic that’s destroying so many businesses I do call tone-deaf. (I can understand that you’re anxious when launching a brand, but if you’re a billionaire influencer maybe just don’t vlog it?)
Completely agree. I thought it was deplorable, completely insensitive and all about me,me,me. Poor me feel sorry for me. What about the ordinary folk who have experienced nothing but fear since the first lockdown - those in the food and entertainment industry and lord know many more ..she did not have to see up a jewellery business...not to earn money ..she still has income from her flogger channel!

Reactions: 9
Completely agree. I thought it was deplorable, completely insensitive and all about me,me,me. Poor me feel sorry for me. What about the ordinary folk who have experienced nothing but fear since the first lockdown - those in the food and entertainment industry and lord know many more ..she did not have to see up a jewellery business...not to earn money ..she still has income from her flogger channel!
This part of the vlog bothered me so much. Of course people have higher expectations when it comes to blogger brands. You are not starting a brand from scratch. You already have a brand and following called Amelia Liana from YouTube/Instagram. You have built a career on giving people recommendations for products and influencing us to buy. Of course people are going to expect a great product from you. Your entire career depends on people trusting you for brand recommendations!!!! Of course people are going to be upset if you take advantage of the already built relationship to sell us overpriced terrible quality products! And how she keeps getting excited about how many followers the jewelry line has before launching. You have almost 500K followers Amelia, you have reach! Stop acting like you built this jewelry line from starting from nothing. It’s an extension of your already built YouTube/Instagram brand!

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.