Amanda Palmer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“Amanda MacKinnon Gaiman Palmer (born April 30, 1976) is an American singer, songwriter, musician, and performance artist who was the lead vocalist, pianist, and lyricist of the duo The Dresden Dolls. She performs as a solo artist, and was also one-half of the duo Evelyn Evelyn, and the lead singer and songwriter of Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra.”

A few people were wondering why she doesn’t have a thread, so here we are! Summary thingy taken from Wikipedia.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So glad this thread is here! I was such a fangirl for a while, I cringe thinking back on it.

Reactions: 12
She’s been aggravating the past year (and before to be fair). Where the hell did Neil go? He flew to NZ and he appears to have gone again.

Reactions: 4
He went to his house in Skye when he left and appears to have been there ever since - got a lot of tit for travelling across the globe during lockdown:

Mind NZ has seemed to be back to normal and the UK is still in lockdown so I guess he might be regretting that

Reactions: 6
Have she and Neil officially split now? I saw their live duo shows years ago, when she was heavily pregnant and they seemed absolutely besotted with each other. But the last few years she seems to have become more and more...how can I say...grifty? I wonder if Gaiman initially saw her as a younger, oh so arty, quirky second wife and as her career has faded the shine has worn off.

Reactions: 8
They both seem to be being more private than they have been - because of their son - so neither have made a clear statement. They are physically separated by a great distance so something has happened.

Reactions: 3
He went to his house in Skye when he left and appears to have been there ever since - got a lot of tit for travelling across the globe during lockdown:

Mind NZ has seemed to be back to normal and the UK is still in lockdown so I guess he might be regretting that
He's back in NZ - he's apparently spent months trying to fight through the red tape for an exemption to get back there, since he obv wasn't expecting to have to be away from the kiddo for so long.

Reactions: 5
He's back in NZ - he's apparently spent months trying to fight through the red tape for an exemption to get back there, since he obv wasn't expecting to have to be away from the kiddo for so long.
Oh am clearly not up to date! That’s good tho for Ash

Reactions: 4
Good that he's back in the same country as his son. I was really disappointed when I heard about him breaking lockdown and leaving NZ, not only for the obvious reasons but also because it seemed really crappy to leave your child like that, whatever is going on with your partner/co-parent.

Reactions: 12
She seems to have mellowed a bit, being around a normal group of people but she still has her moments when I think “why the hell do I still follow you?”

I saw the Dresden dolls seven times when I was younger and her tour a few years ago was superb but she’s turned into a really odd preacher in the last year. I stopped giving her patreon money around six months ago. I’d had enough.

Reactions: 9
OooooOooft! The thread I needed!

Things that piss me off about Amanda Palmer:

- her eyebrows
- the way she sings like a cross between veruca salt and miss hannigan from 1980s Annie
- that one time she tried to "hire" backing musicians for her tour, but for free / beer money. Proper classical musicians like, not your mate with a set of bongos
- after getting over a mil to fund the album + tour on kickstarter, that is
- her eyebrows
- about 5 years ago she posted a pic of kids in punk clothes at Camden Market all sat in a circle on their phones and mocked them for not being real punks (sorry no receipts and can't find the facebook post... Will dig about a bit more). A bit bleeping rich Amanda
- that whole "I'm more INTENSE than You" vibe
- her eyebrows

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I was a Neil fan first and will always be, but he has disappointed me a lot.
Me too. When he flew across the world during lockdown it made me think of a Good Omens quote that, (if it wasn’t one of Sir Terry’s), he probably wrote! “How can somebody as clever as you be so stupid!”

Reactions: 16
OooooOooft! The thread I needed!

Things that piss me off about Amanda Palmer:

- her eyebrows
- the way she sings like a cross between veruca salt and miss hannigan from 1980s Annie
- that one time she tried to "hire" backing musicians for her tour, but for free / beer money. Proper classical musicians like, not your mate with a set of bongos
- after getting over a mil to fund the album + tour on kickstarter, that is
- her eyebrows
- about 5 years ago she posted a pic of kids in punk clothes at Camden Market all sat in a circle on their phones and mocked them for not being real punks (sorry no receipts and can't find the facebook post... Will dig about a bit more). A bit bleeping rich Amanda
- that whole "I'm more INTENSE than You" vibe
- her eyebrows
The hiring musicians for free grift was what woke me up to what a ballbag she is.

Also, smugging all over that Bowie Prom a few years back with her bleeping UKULELE.

And her eyebrows.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Soooo here for this thread. Used to be a huge fan but as I have gotten older and wiser I see right through her ~~~oh so deep and profound~~~ words and realise she is just a huge attention seeker. The fans I met at her shows are the absolute worst too and eat up everything she says as gospel.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I was a massive Dresden Dolls fan back in the Myspace era but I struggle to listen to them now knowing what a horror she is. Another one for the list: she attracted a lot of criticism for writing a terrible poem about the Boston marathon bombing and managing to make it all about herself (it's called 'A Poem for Dzhokhar' if you're not familiar and want to look it up). I also remember reading an article where she said she was the kind of person who would rip her tampon out and throw it across the room at a party to get attention 😐

Hard agree on the eyebrows as well. Absolute crime.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Has anyone read about her pretending to be dead and recording her then boyfriend finding her 'body'?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
See I like quite a lot of her music - but the patron Kickstarter thing annoys me because she is well funded, even before marrying very well off Neil - and she has always couch surfed and crowdfunded stuff from her fans even though she gets thousands of dollars a month from patreon. I think she is still pretending she is a starving artist trope when she is not that at all anymore.

Reactions: 11