Amanda Palmer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why would he have made her sign an NDA? I don't understand what he's not allowing her to reveal. I'm sure she hinted that he cheated when the drama first erupted, years ago? Genuinely puzzled.
Knowing Amanda, she can drop personal information as easily as saying what she had for breakfast. She's always been an oversharer, he may just not want her discussing the finer details of their relationship and separation to thousands of fans who hang off her every word.

Reactions: 6
Knowing Amanda, she can drop personal information as easily as saying what she had for breakfast. She's always been an oversharer, he may just not want her discussing the finer details of their relationship and separation to thousands of fans who hang off her every word.
Ah, thanks for explaining it to me!! Yeah, makes sense. I wouldn't want the details of my life blasted across the Internet either.

Reactions: 2
I saw her make an apology for something on Facebook the other day, and absolutely no idea for what. None of the cult mentioned it in their comments. Any ideas?

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I saw her make an apology for something on Facebook the other day, and absolutely no idea for what. None of the cult mentioned it in their comments. Any ideas?
Hopefully the Russell Brand tit. She clearly has no clue of the extent of what he’s done if she can defend him and his ‘art’, which ‘art’ mostly consisted of him obsessively talking about sex and women. I believe people can move on from their mistakes too, but only if they truly make amends and admit to what they have done, not spend ££££ on lawyers to silence hundreds of victims

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Hopefully the Russell Brand tit. She clearly has no clue of the extent of what he’s done if she can defend him and his ‘art’, which ‘art’ mostly consisted of him obsessively talking about sex and women. I believe people can move on from their mistakes too, but only if they truly make amends and admit to what they have done, not spend ££££ on lawyers to silence hundreds of victims
I think it says a lot that it is getting hard to match up the apologies to statements

Reactions: 4
I am so behind on Tattle! Has this beautiful piece of writing come out yet on substack and patreon?
I saw that Amanda was not only referring to herself in the third person, but she had split her person up into parts based on times in her life. Old Boston Amanda and New Mom Amanda. Truly, her ego is as epic as a Norse saga.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The middle aged woman, still wise beyond her remaining years, let out all her breath in one long exhale. If you listened closely enough, you could hear it, expelled almost like a newly-formed song into the air "ohhhh fuckkkkk offfffffff".

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I'm sure this is meant to be profound and quirky and some other, similar, words but all I can see is:

1) point scoring with indigenous language, non traditional couples etc and

2) keeping a kid up in the middle of the night because no boundaries apparently?
How self centred do you have to be to think that a child working on cheering you up is cute?
Get a therapist FFS.

Buuuuut very little of this actually happened so probably not an issue tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I intensely dislike both Amanda Palmer and Neil Gaiman for how they both used my country during the dark days of the pandemic - Neil was in and out of New Zealand a couple of times when ordinary New Zealanders couldn't secure spots in MIQ to be able to come back home. She can also get jumped on for pretending to care about te reo Māori.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
The entirety of that article gets to me, to varying degrees. But I did actually mutter (exclaimed, loudly), "Oh duck off" when I got to the bit about the Ice Cream House, or whatever she called it, and the Writer's Cabin. It's terribly affected. Even if all of it happened 100%, the way she's written about it makes it all seem really syrupy and preachy.

Reactions: 9
Her adoption of Māori culture and words seems performative (like the rest of her life). Of course her house guests are part Māori family with two mothers. If they were organic vegans who only wore hemp I would not be surprised. It’s all signposting how alternative and good she, Amanda, is.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I got as far into that "beautiful piece of writing" as "metal bird" and I am cringing so much I need a break. Is she trying to mimic the noble savages?

Reactions: 3
Screenshot 2023-11-25 103013.png
Screenshot 2023-11-25 103039.png

She's vagueposting about a family emergency, presumably someone elderly is dying in the hospital and she can't help but capitalise off of it with her followers for attention

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
She's unbearable. She clearly marked herself as a bleep anyway when she asked for "volunteer" musicians who wouldn't be paid around 11 years ago.

• Sad
Reactions: 7