Amanda Palmer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you think she can't get any worse

View attachment 2597229
From personal experience people like this make dealing with loved ones in Critical care or hospice 100% MORE STRESSFUL

If you are in this situation and have a worthless idiot like this taking pictures of themselves and or the person in hospital…save yourself the grief and kick them out even if that includes shoving their phone somewhere sideways.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She is being so gross at the moment. Someone is dying and she is posting sad arty looking photos from the hospital on Facebook and trying to make profound and poetic statements to make sure everyone knows that she is experiencing trauma in a unique and beautiful way.

Keep it private and go hug your son. He needs you more than your audience right now.

Not everything needs to be an attempt at a profound statement on life.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Shane McGowen has died, and Amanda can't ever hold back from making a celebrity death all about her. After waxing lyrical about how awesome he was, she moves on to make it about her: featuring an implication that being from Kent makes you an alcoholic, and still centring herself in the "family crisis" which appears to be an elderly relative dying in hospital. Just after this she posted a photo of said person in their hospital bed, face obscured, but out of respect I'm not going to put it here.

Screenshot 2023-11-30 154132.png

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Shane McGowen has died, and Amanda can't ever hold back from making a celebrity death all about her. After waxing lyrical about how awesome he was, she moves on to make it about her: featuring an implication that being from Kent makes you an alcoholic, and still centring herself in the "family crisis" which appears to be an elderly relative dying in hospital. Just after this she posted a photo of said person in their hospital bed, face obscured, but out of respect I'm not going to put it here.

View attachment 2601927
She's got Sinead, Shane, and just waiting for her out of focus elderly relative to have her macabre death hat trick for the year. There's some thing so grotesque about the way she links death and her need to talk about how she crafts whatever art she does out of it.

A lot of my time is spent with hospice and elder care and we have a rough family situation where people literally can't be around each other. And yet, despite a ragged and ugly confrontations, everyone can agree not to publicly post hospital scenes for pity. Gah, what I just think is she's probably taking many upon many pictures and then deciding and editing them for just the right sympathy posts.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 8

View attachment 2601927
Kent isn’t a small costal town but a county, which is the fifth most populous in the country. He grandfather was from Deal which I wouldn’t say was a terrible place to live, especially as they had enough money for a servant. But if spent most his time growing up in Ireland why blame Kent? Especially as her grandfather had emigrated to America by the 1940s.

Reactions: 10
Kent is a long way from Tipperary. Shane MacGowan would snarl at her, puke on her shoes, and still write a lyric better than her entire oeuvre while blind drunk and forgetting her name.

• Haha
Just caught up on all the Amanda Grifter Palmer and Neil Bloody Gaiman since 2021.

well.

Can't say I am surprised at the following revelations:

Amanda is still talking obnoxious me me me shite and is now defending Russell Greasy Brand. Edgy gurl does edgy gurl stuff. 'he was lovely to me' .. yes well, it's all about you, isn't it. That's the important thing, the only important thing to the terminally self-absorbed person.

They got divorced - imagine my shock. One of those marriages between two utterly self-absorbed 'artists' that is destined to end. Usually the ones that last are between an Utterly Self-Absorbed Artist and a Self-Sacrificing, Put-Upon Spouse Who Stays in the BackGround, Suffering.

Neil is, as I thought, not a 'lovely' or 'nice' as his sickeningly twee PR suggests. Very few people of course are 'nice' in the way Neil portrays himself as, and of those that are, I can guarantee none of them are the creature known as a 'writer'. They're gnarly creatures generally and the dude versions tend to come with insane amounts of ego and expectations of their partners. Often unfair ones. I could reel off a list of Great Male Writers who treated their spouses and partners utterly appallingly and but let's just add Neil to the Minor twit List and leave it there.

It's sort of sad, realising that people you admired when you were young and read their stuff are just flawed, idiotic humans, often so flawed as to be quite appalling characters, especially domestically. But that's life innit. I say, if you want to idolise something, idolise the work, not the human.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Even without showing the face of the person she's in the hospital with, (whom I'm presume is her father), her post is still tactless and crass. In my opinion, anyway. I know people deal with stress and grief in different ways, but honestly, it just comes across as attention-seeking.

Reactions: 10
Even without showing the face of the person she's in the hospital with, (whom I'm presume is her father), her post is still tactless and crass. In my opinion, anyway. I know people deal with stress and grief in different ways, but honestly, it just comes across as attention-seeking.
The photo of her holding the patient's hand in hers has to have been taken by someone else. So we have these surreptitious shots of the poor man, perhaps without consent, and then she ropes in an assistant or family member or nurse - which is also creepy.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
She's confirmed that it's a guy called Lee who owns the Cloud Club, her "home" in Boston where she shot the Girl Anachronism and Coin Operated Boy music videos. They're back home again and he's going in and out for radiotherapy, apparently, so perhaps it's less active hospice and more an elderly person in her life who's quite ill and that's just fab for getting sympathy engagement from the sycophant followers.

• Sad
  • Wow
Thanks for explaining this. It's still tactless and crass, in my opinion. And her son has been roped into some of the pictures too. How dreadful!!

Reactions: 7
I'd say "unbelievable" but... It's not, because we already know she is a narcissistic energy vampire and exhibitionist grief tourist. Disgusting.

• Sad
Vampire is too glam a term for her, and she'd probably take it as a compliment. Even Vultures have some dignity. She's a flesh-eating bacteria.

• Haha