Amanda Bynes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I read her conservatorship is ending?
What's everyone's opinions?
I can't imagine she has much money left at this point?

I was briefly scrolling through Twitter and saw so many people celebrating that she’s filed to end her conservatorship and comparing her to Britney. It was 2 completely different circumstances, Amanda really needed the help and says so herself.

Reactions: 4
I was briefly scrolling through Twitter and saw so many people celebrating that she’s filed to end her conservatorship and comparing her to Britney. It was 2 completely different circumstances, Amanda really needed the help and says so herself.
Yeah they're completely different situations. Britney (whether she wanted to or not) has been working and earning money throughout the conservatorship. Whereas Amanda hasn't been physically able to work since 2010 and she relapsed not long ago.
I'm not sure if I trust her parents though, but at this point they're the only ones who know what's really going on with her ☹

Reactions: 1
Personally I think the media just need to leave her alone. The media back in the 00s was relentlessly cruel, towards teenagers and young women especially. It would be best for her to take a step back from the limelight (which it seems that she has) and the media need to respect that.

2 completely different circumstances
Lol because lighting two - now 4? Places on fire is a completely normal thing to do.
Shaving your head because you're going to be drug tested? Yup completely normal!
Posting about when your sister was underage and you wanted to slap her? Wow, so normal!

Lol because lighting two - now 4? Places on fire is a completely normal thing to do.
Shaving your head because you're going to be drug tested? Yup completely normal!
Posting about when your sister was underage and you wanted to slap her? Wow, so normal!
Haha I don’t think any of that is “normal” and the circumstances leading up the conservetorships were pretty similar.

However it’s what’s happened during the course of those conservatorships that is where I think they differ. Britney was paraded around like a show pony by the very people who were supposed to be taking care of her. In my opinion they took advantage of the power that they held.

Granted I don’t know as much about Amanda’s situation but she seems to have relatively kept out of the spotlight.

I hope she has people around to support her. She seems very unwell still?
Yes I hope the same as well. She seems to be yet another person who has been used and abused by Hollywood. I watched her in She's the Man the other day and remembered how talented she was back in the day. Such a shame what's happened to her.

Reactions: 5
We obviously don’t know the ins and outs of her case but it does seem very different from Britney’s. For a start she is not working anymore, both her parents had the conservatorship and fully support the ending of it as they feel she is ready. They both seem like excellent parents who only want the best for her, and although they would have had control over her affairs she did seem to have a lot more freedom than Britney, for example she got engaged. Britney would never have been allowed to do that.
I hope things go well for her, as she was very unwell, as well as her addiction issues and this is a good example of how these things should be used.

Reactions: 3
We obviously don’t know the ins and outs of her case but it does seem very different from Britney’s. For a start she is not working anymore, both her parents had the conservatorship and fully support the ending of it as they feel she is ready. They both seem like excellent parents who only want the best for her, and although they would have had control over her affairs she did seem to have a lot more freedom than Britney, for example she got engaged. Britney would never have been allowed to do that.
I hope things go well for her, as she was very unwell, as well as her addiction issues and this is a good example of how these things should be used.
You’ve articulated everything I think so well here!

I really wish Amanda well now that her conservatorship has come to an end. I just hope that she has people around her to support and help her, and who have her best interests at heart.

Unfortunately if you do a deep dive into her parents, I'm not sure they had her best interests at heart. She was put into very worrying situations with certain Nickelodeon producers when she was very young. Her parents were also very happy to see her exploited by Hollywood and would have definitely been the architects for her breakdown. There are many awful rumours of abuse as well. I hope she's able to overcome her demons and keep healthy from now on.

• Heart
Has anyone seen her recent Instagram stories 😱😱😱. I can't work out if she's lost the plot or if she's joking!

🤔😮 what is going on!??? Just watched her Instagram stories. Is this publicity for the new rap song?

Omg what has happened to Amanda Bynes?? I remember The Amanda Show and She's The Man. She was a very talented young actress. It's amazing how much people change. But reading this thread, it looks like she went through a hell of a lot for her to be like this now and I feel awfully sorry for her. Also, what's with the tattoo on her face? Oh God no 😭😭

Reactions: 2
Omg what has happened to Amanda Bynes?? I remember The Amanda Show and She's The Man. She was a very talented young actress. It's amazing how much people change. But reading this thread, it looks like she went through a hell of a lot for her to be like this now and I feel awfully sorry for her. Also, what's with the tattoo on her face? Oh God no 😭😭
She’s The Man is still one of my favourite films to this day

Reactions: 3
She's back on stories claiming she is happy with Paul and apologising for airing his dirty laundry. Screams DV or at the very least an extremely unhealthy relationship.

I watched What a Girl Wants last night, even though its cheesy it's one of my faves.

Reactions: 5