Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Been following the Amanda story for a while.
I think this story proves further that parents should NOT be putting their innocent 7 year old daughter to the cesspit that is Hollywood.
Britney Spears
Amanda Bynes
Justin Bieber
Demi Lovato

I know there are dozens who have grown up to be absolutely fine but there is one common denominator in my opinion - childhood acting. Its expoiting, dangerous and selfish. Just look at the Nickelodeon guy Dan Schneider ...

Reactions: 10

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Her whole story is so sad, and I bet there’s more to it than we realise. I don’t think it’s a coincidence so many child stars go on to have mental health issues and public meltdowns, unfortunately :cry:

Reactions: 7

Rxt156

VIP Member
I’ve not heard much of her I’m recent years but she is back (apparently. Not sure where from🤣) with dyed black hair

I know she’s had substance issues and mental health problems but I didn’t realise she is under a conservatorship like Britney.

Used to love The Amanda Show and basically anything that she was in. I always thought it was a shame that things ended up the way they did

Anyone remember the Kanye west style outbursts on Twitter???

Reactions: 7

thatstupidcat

I wonder if the truth about Dan Schneider is ever going to come out?.In some ways he's worse than Weinstein because the girls he targeted were underage.

There’s been blinds for years about Schneider casting couching a very young Ariana Grande as well as being the man who knocked up Jamie Lynn Spears when she was a teenager. The guy is very rich and powerful so it could be that there is no smoke without fire OR just some really nasty rumours put about an odd-looking man by his many rivals.

I’m old enough to remember when all the “salacious” gossip was regarding who was gay or cheating in Hollywood, now it’s all child molesting and grim.

I remember reading that schizophrenia can manifest following child abuse and trauma as well as having a genetic component. I hope Amanda is able to fight her demons, it was be sad if she ended up penniless on the streets, especially with the resources she has available.

• Wow
Reactions: 6

CarrieW24

Chatty Member
Anyone remember the Kanye west style outbursts on Twitter???
For all we know, she was telling the truth and had to take it back because she had no one fighting in her corner.

I'm really sad for her that her parents (and all the other parents of other child stars) sold her to the Hollyweird child fiddlers, just so they don't have to work.

It's no wonder they are all messed up. 😢

• Sad

Polkadot123

VIP Member
She's been engaged awhile as well. Her fiance posts about her on his insta.
I hope she does well for herself.
I think being a child star destroyed her as it did so many. Hopefully she is recovered this time and has good support around her
Good on her for finishing college as well.

LaraQ

VIP Member
It's really terrible what happened to her.
It's actually no wonder she turned out the way she did , when you who the producers were at the time on Nickelodeon. If you want venture down the rabbit hole look up Dan Schneider and Brian Peck and their connections to her show.
I wonder if the truth about Dan Schneider is ever going to come out?.In some ways he's worse than Weinstein because the girls he targeted were underage.

FakeSmile

VIP Member
I just feel so desperately sad for her. I think the Britney case showed the really bad side of conservatorships but for someone like Amanda it can be a lifeline. I grew up watching her on Nickelodeon and She’s The Man is still one of my favourite films and looking at her now it’s like a different person. But I guess you never know what’s going on behind the scenes do you.

• Sad
Reactions: 5

SingingMonkeyTunes

She's back on stories claiming she is happy with Paul and apologising for airing his dirty laundry. Screams DV or at the very least an extremely unhealthy relationship.

I watched What a Girl Wants last night, even though its cheesy it's one of my faves.

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
I hope she has people around to support her. She seems very unwell still?
Yes I hope the same as well. She seems to be yet another person who has been used and abused by Hollywood. I watched her in She's the Man the other day and remembered how talented she was back in the day. Such a shame what's happened to her.

newtoyou

VIP Member
I always felt so sad for her, she could’ve had a great career (though she was slightly typecast).

Im sure she recently did an interview where she was sober and explained some of her behaviour. I’m sure she’s at FIDM doing a design degree or something.

x_bethanyy

Personally I think the media just need to leave her alone. The media back in the 00s was relentlessly cruel, towards teenagers and young women especially. It would be best for her to take a step back from the limelight (which it seems that she has) and the media need to respect that.

Reactions: 4

NowIsGood

Chatty Member

That's so sad. She just can't get on top of her problems and really struggles with life.
😢 This is so horrible. I've loved Amanda ever since I saw her in What a girl wants 20 years ago! But I don't think she was ready to be released from her conservatorship. She's clearly so unwell. Thank god no one took photos of her during this.

• Sad

Freedomofspeech89

VIP Member
We obviously don’t know the ins and outs of her case but it does seem very different from Britney’s. For a start she is not working anymore, both her parents had the conservatorship and fully support the ending of it as they feel she is ready. They both seem like excellent parents who only want the best for her, and although they would have had control over her affairs she did seem to have a lot more freedom than Britney, for example she got engaged. Britney would never have been allowed to do that.
I hope things go well for her, as she was very unwell, as well as her addiction issues and this is a good example of how these things should be used.
Unfortunately if you do a deep dive into her parents, I'm not sure they had her best interests at heart. She was put into very worrying situations with certain Nickelodeon producers when she was very young. Her parents were also very happy to see her exploited by Hollywood and would have definitely been the architects for her breakdown. There are many awful rumours of abuse as well. I hope she's able to overcome her demons and keep healthy from now on.

• Heart

FakeSmile

VIP Member
I was briefly scrolling through Twitter and saw so many people celebrating that she’s filed to end her conservatorship and comparing her to Britney. It was 2 completely different circumstances, Amanda really needed the help and says so herself.

FakeSmile

VIP Member
Omg what has happened to Amanda Bynes?? I remember The Amanda Show and She's The Man. She was a very talented young actress. It's amazing how much people change. But reading this thread, it looks like she went through a hell of a lot for her to be like this now and I feel awfully sorry for her. Also, what's with the tattoo on her face? Oh God no 😭😭
She’s The Man is still one of my favourite films to this day

Reactions: 3

Blairr

Chatty Member
I’m not sure if any of you follow her but she has a twitter account under another name. She’s always asking for money from her followers and gets really shitty when no one responds or sends her anything.

• Wow
Reactions: 3