Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Facehugger

VIP Member
Hey tattlers, thanks again for all your well wishes!

I decided to go with number three so I haven’t contacted him and removed him. Thought the best way was to just play cool and look completely unbothered so that’s what I’ve done. I’m okay, I’m not going to cry over him, it’s so not worth it. More than anything it just makes you feel so embarrassed because like I’ve already said, now I need to explain to my family and friends, when I just told them about him 🤦🏼‍♀️

At this point I’m just frustrated in general with men and dating. I hate to generalise but from this thread it appears so many men act this way (or worse) and I’m just left wondering how many more times will I be screwed over? Part of me wants to give up with dating apps but then I’d have no way of meeting guys, even more so now with covid, but even if covid wasn’t a factor it would still be hard for me to meet guys (I also work in a very female dominated environment). I’m kinda losing hope that guys won’t always be assholes.

As well guys are just so hard to read and they change their minds in the blink of an eye. Like in this instance, I think he just got spooked by how intense things were getting and maybe thought he wanted something more casual instead, which is mega frustrating because HE was the one to make it so intense. I imagine this happens with many guys, they are all in then suddenly get cold feet but.. why? Don’t go in so intense if it’s going to freak you out! Haha it’s really not that hard.

Should we as women be more assertive about what we expect? But then I feel like most guys would think you were a bit ‘crazy’ (yep their favourite word) and back off straight away. But then you think we’ll that guy really wasn’t worth the time then but ughhh they are just impossible 😂

But yeah maybe we should get a dating advice thread? Where we can share stories and advice (If there isn’t already one?) because it appears so many of us go through this stuff and I really enjoyed this girl chat with you all 💘
I've been reading this thread, I'm glad you're ok and coping, I'd hoped you'd come back to give an update ❤

Hope you don't mind me asking, what is the current situation with lockdown where you are? Something seems mighty odd to me about his behaviour, I respect totally others advice on here and they've all been brilliant X but I don't know, something else doesn't ring quite true somewhere, besides that he's mucking about with other girls.

Sweetcorn

Chatty Member
I’m so sorry, but I think he’s ghosting you😬

what I actually think is that he was trying to back off on the FaceTime, but is a coward and couldn’t just say what he wanted to say.

The most frustrating thing that I ALWAYS find with boys like this is that THEY make you fall for them. They say all the right things, they do shit like encouraging you to tell your family. It’s like they make you like them then fuck you over.

I’m a bit dramatic so I’d probably turn up at his place like hi I’m here to get my things, take them in silence then leave and never speak to him again... but you do you! Good luck X
A few folk have said the FT was him trying to back off but he ended it saying that he wasn’t explaining himself properly and that he was falling for me and wanted us to be exclusive. Maybe it was him trying to back off but to end it like that doesn’t make sense, that’s getting even deeper into it 😅 x

Has he definitely not been on WhatsApp, or has he just turned off the “last seen” setting? Because you can set your WhatsApp so that people can see when you’re online, but not when you were last online.
It all sounds very odd to me, why all of a sudden out of the blue did he become busy with work and cancel plans? Surely he knew in advance he had that assignment coming up?
It also seems a bit odd to me how quickly he’s dived into the relationship considering you’ve only been seeing other for such a short time. The fact he’s been asking you to leave things their, tell your family about him and making hints for you to move in all just seems weird.
Yeah I can definitely see when he has and it changed yesterday when he came on. I can see the whole thing say ‘last seen yesterday at 6:45’ ☺ Xo

Penny for them

Chatty Member
Hey tattlers, thanks again for all your well wishes!

Lovely to
Hear you are ok-and the approach you took. Trust your instincts they pushed you to post on here,they are Looking out for you,you will~
You absolutely will meet someone who deserves you one day and before this happens,date yourself,treat yourself like a queen,learn ,evolve,be happy,safe,and well x