Alyssa Lenore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you so much for making the thread! I know I was one of the requesters for this but life has been crazy the past month… anyhow one of the first red flags for me was when she said she bought herself a chanel bag as a grad present to herself. Ya right how many 20 somethings can afford that right after grad. She constantly goes on about being self made when it’s obvious her family has money and her fiancé makes bank as an engineer. Thoughts?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Thank you so much for making the thread! I know I was one of the requesters for this but life has been crazy the past month… anyhow one of the first red flags for me was when she said she bought herself a chanel bag as a grad present to herself. Ya right how many 20 somethings can afford that right after grad. She constantly goes on about being self made when it’s obvious her family has money and her fiancé makes bank as an engineer. Thoughts?
Yes, she is lucky that her family became successful Filipino migrants in the USA, not all immigrants can be successful as they did.

What irks me is the self-concept of 'hardwork' these American born Asians have. There are American-born Asians that has the same work ethic by their parents, but sadly majority of them don't.
I do remember her saying that she was gifted the LV Petite Malle by her family, and she hated the bag. Being an influencer of the low calibre as her cannot earn the $$$ like the big shot ones like Chiara, Camila can etc. She is self-made because her parents worked hard for it. She's lucky that she's managed to find a fiancè that can sustain both of their lifestyles. I wonder if her parents will pay most of their wedding expenses.

Reactions: 9
It’s definitely sometime in the last two months. I remember it being around this mishap.
ahhh yes, the old #kindlygifted bed sheets to cure her anxiety. I think her mum was unwell or in hospital in the Philippines around that time, too, which would have been tough.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
I used to really like Alyssa's content since she was low key and not too flashy, but I agree that she is becoming very beige and one-note. Basically morphing into every logo- and hermes-crazed influencer these days. And I've noticed this year, every video is a Chanel bag comparison or an ad for something random, or the vlogs are basically b-roll with music and an ad. Kind of a snoozefest these days, which is unfortunate.

I used to really like Alyssa's content since she was low key and not too flashy, but I agree that she is becoming very beige and one-note. Basically morphing into every logo- and hermes-crazed influencer these days. And I've noticed this year, every video is a Chanel bag comparison or an ad for something random, or the vlogs are basically b-roll with music and an ad. Kind of a snoozefest these days, which is unfortunate.
Totally agree, and she’s not upfront about about ad content either. Today’s video is a “review” of her pots and pans 🙄

“The Kelly is lighter because of the leather, and the Birkin is heavier… because of the leather” Wow, so fn insightful. Glad to have such a comprehensive and knowledgable review of the bags.

Also so great of her to plug Samorga insert affiliate code in the same video she’s stuffing a 7rp insert into her Birkin.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Totally agree, and she’s not upfront about about ad content either. Today’s video is a “review” of her pots and pans 🙄

“The Kelly is lighter because of the leather, and the Birkin is heavier… because of the leather” Wow, so fn insightful. Glad to have such a comprehensive and knowledgable review of the bags.

Also so great of her to plug Samorga insert affiliate code in the same video she’s stuffing a 7rp insert into her Birkin.
That's the reason why I don't trust influencers in terms of handbags. I just pop in purseforum to know how it really is with the people who can pay for the bag and are genuine fans of the brand.

She's going to launch her career downhill if she starts to flog items left and right without any integrity. She's really lucky that she has a successful family and a rich fiancè who can cover her expenses up. But let's be real, 'influencers' don't really earn much unless they have a business like Sophie Shohet or have a stable job.

Reactions: 6
That's the reason why I don't trust influencers in terms of handbags. I just pop in purseforum to know how it really is with the people who can pay for the bag and are genuine fans of the brand.

She's going to launch her career downhill if she starts to flog items left and right without any integrity. She's really lucky that she has a successful family and a rich fiancè who can cover her expenses up. But let's be real, 'influencers' don't really earn much unless they have a business like Sophie Shohet or have a stable job.
It’s sad to see the progress of a lot of these influencers, because I do believe they started out with a love/ genuine interest in designer bags and fashion and then once it turned into a business they changed. That change is being to collect as many bags as possible and show them off to look like they have the influencer lifestyle. I feel like while Alyssa has always been kind of a brat, she at least had some personality. Now it’s all designer purses in a variety of neutral colours that just sit in her “cloffice” and other shapeless neutral clothes.

Idk if it’s just me, but she just seems like a miserable person and awful to be around? Maybe that’s what happens when you focus on your bag collection instead of investing in hobbies but 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
It seems she's also stopped engaging much with her audience. She replies to a couple comments praising her, if that, but I don't think she has too large of an audience to not reply to DMs or more YT or instagram comments? Seems kind of standoffish and not very warm compared to other (and more popular) influencers. Even Allana Davison has replied to my DMs asking simple questions, and Alyssa seems to not even acknowledge most people. Since it doesn't seem like she has much going on, I would focus on more engagement if I were her.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It seems she's also stopped engaging much with her audience. She replies to a couple comments praising her, if that, but I don't think she has too large of an audience to not reply to DMs or more YT or instagram comments? Seems kind of standoffish and not very warm compared to other (and more popular) influencers. Even Allana Davison has replied to my DMs asking simple questions, and Alyssa seems to not even acknowledge most people. Since it doesn't seem like she has much going on, I would focus on more engagement if I were her.
The lack of engagement with her community is why I stopped following her on IG. SMH. Idk why she does a job that she, by her actions, isn’t engaged with.

i can’t wait to see what jobs the influencers who have never had a real job are forced to take. There are only so many buyer and merchandiser positions in the world and as fashion tech is getting more robust, there is less need for those type of positions.She graduated and went directly into fashion blogging. That seems professional dangerous imho. I do wonder if she has family money or wouldn’t have to work if her fiancé does.

Reactions: 5
She was trying to venture into buying sneakers at one point and she doesn't give me sneakerhead vibes. It threw me off when she bought a pair of Air Jordan 1s and Dunks.

Also, she recently went to Paris with her fiancee and I'm wondering how she handles her finances cause she just bought that Kelly last month, and those prices to fly to Paris are expensive.

Reactions: 8
She was trying to venture into buying sneakers at one point and she doesn't give me sneakerhead vibes. It threw me off when she bought a pair of Air Jordan 1s and Dunks.

Also, she recently went to Paris with her fiancee and I'm wondering how she handles her finances cause she just bought that Kelly last month, and those prices to fly to Paris are expensive.
The Kelly was secondhand and was probably bought with a voucher or discount for posting rather than her actual money.

She’s also selling her #kindlygifted Bottega at the moment but it’s soooooooo great you guiezzzz

• Haha
The Kelly was secondhand and was probably bought with a voucher or discount for posting rather than her actual money.

She’s also selling her #kindlygifted Bottega at the moment but it’s soooooooo great you guiezzzz
The one she just did sponsored content with???

Reactions: 3

Pretty sure she’s either trying to stay relevant as many 20 somethings are gravitating towards more casual style like sneakers and more colourful accessories as opposed to her beige blob faux new money style (not trying to hate I like some of her stuff it’s just not relevant to her Instagram audience) and she’s trying to show she’s “with it”. Or she just has a shopping addiction lol.

Ya I know travelling is now okay in some places, but jetting off to France for a vacation is giving me weird vibes. Maybe it’s because she’s been privileged af during this pandemic. It’s not like she’s gone over there to visit family or anything

• Heart
The one she just did sponsored content with???
yep that’s the one!

Pretty sure she’s either trying to stay relevant as many 20 somethings are gravitating towards more casual style like sneakers and more colourful accessories as opposed to her beige blob faux new money style (not trying to hate I like some of her stuff it’s just not relevant to her Instagram audience) and she’s trying to show she’s “with it”. Or she just has a shopping addiction lol.

Ya I know travelling is now okay in some places, but jetting off to France for a vacation is giving me weird vibes. Maybe it’s because she’s been privileged af during this pandemic. It’s not like she’s gone over there to visit family or anything
Yes going for a quick jaunt to France for an engagement shoot ahead of her Italian wedding while most of her viewers are watching from lockdown really rubbed me the wrong way.

Also whatever casual/luxe look she was trying for just come off so try hard and a total yawn! Baggy pants that are too long in the leg and loose jumpers, with sneakers she can’t pull off. Alyssa Lenore, just another beige boring label wh*re 🥱

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Not gonna lie, I was super jealous of her trip to France- it is my dream vacation spot since I was like a kid, and I really can't afford it because I'm from a 3rd world country, and we need a lot of money to prove that we aren't gonna stay in OECD countries for long. Our passports are weak, and you usually need around $4,000.00 in estimation to show to the embassy we can go there.

I had save up money for a long time to travel to Europe as my graduation gift to myself in 2019, had the plan in 2020- when CoVid fucked us all over. I've depleted almost 80% of that trip money, for all kinds of expenses. Now, I also wanted to kickstart my luxury collection as well- bags, shoes, cars, but I'm stuck in a part time job, and the luxury market has been so unforgiving that I don't think I'll be able to even get one bag. I even wanted Hermes bags too. 😂

She's super lucky she can be able to do all these things, but I just felt really frustrated with my life right now. The rest of the world is opening up, but I don't think it will be easy for us young graduates who don't have a lot of experience. I don't even know if I'll get my dreams fulfilled- but seeing other influencers being unaffected within the pandemic makes me wish I was part of them.

• Sad
I feel like she missed an opportunity with her "packing vlog." It seemed super rushed and last minute (similar to her other vlogs lately) but she could have made it more interesting to viewers by showing her actually packing, and not just after the fact. Viewers are interested in seeing the products in the bag she showed, and seeing her decision process of picking the items and clothing, the organization... not just seeing a packed suitcase and a powerpoint lol. All of her content just seems like a ton of missed opportunities and she's just trying to skate by, but 🤷‍♀️to each their own!

I also agree, I'm not a huge fan of the too-long loose trousers and sweatshirt look, it's not super flattering on anyone.

Reactions: 3
Not gonna lie, I was super jealous of her trip to France- it is my dream vacation spot since I was like a kid, and I really can't afford it because I'm from a 3rd world country, and we need a lot of money to prove that we aren't gonna stay in OECD countries for long. Our passports are weak, and you usually need around $4,000.00 in estimation to show to the embassy we can go there.

I had save up money for a long time to travel to Europe as my graduation gift to myself in 2019, had the plan in 2020- when CoVid fucked us all over. I've depleted almost 80% of that trip money, for all kinds of expenses. Now, I also wanted to kickstart my luxury collection as well- bags, shoes, cars, but I'm stuck in a part time job, and the luxury market has been so unforgiving that I don't think I'll be able to even get one bag. I even wanted Hermes bags too. 😂

She's super lucky she can be able to do all these things, but I just felt really frustrated with my life right now. The rest of the world is opening up, but I don't think it will be easy for us young graduates who don't have a lot of experience. I don't even know if I'll get my dreams fulfilled- but seeing other influencers being unaffected within the pandemic makes me wish I was part of them.
One step at a time, and you'll get there. ❤ Your hard work will pay off.
It's really easy to get sucked into the "luxury life of an influencer" but at the end of the day, it's all smoke and mirrors with 99% of them. Gifted bags / shoes / clothes, PR trips, sponsored food etc in addition to getting paid for Ads. Most of the time for doing half-assed work. Buying designer goods on credit, doing a haul and returning the clothes. It's such an empty life. Yes, the designer stuff is tempting but they have literally sold their dignity souls to the devil.

I use to like her but she got boring fast(not in a bad way, just wasn’t intresting) . I first discovered her because of her handbag collection(a great collection btw). I care nothing for her vlogs(I’m sorry ) I mainly watch when she has her handbags , handbag reviews, jewellery other than that she’s really boring. I’d like to see the day that youtubers move away from that boring flat neutral palette. I’d like for her to add some colour(and not just pastel colours)

She just bought another Birkin during her trip in Paris, I honestly need to know how much she makes as a content creator cause sign me up! lol.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.