All that’s pretty #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I could cry, I really could. I flick through Instagram before I go to sleep as a bit of mindless distraction, but all the Christmas hype is too much at the moment. I probably follow the wrong people - those with seemingly perfect lives, a beautiful house, perfect children, those that appear to really have it all. She now has four (FOUR?!?) Christmas trees, all beautifully adorned, while there are people out there without a pot to p*** in. There’s a pandemic and people are dying all over the place. I mean rein it in people! The world does not need it rubbed in their faces just now. Hunter and Heels, Come Down to the Woods, Just a Little Build - all you lot - you seem to exist to make the rest of us feel woefully inadequate. As it happens, I’m a hospital doctor, I have a steady income, my position could be worse, but I’m a single mum, have massive student debts, no family support and am working almost every day from now until Christmas. I don’t know if I’ll even manage to get a bloody Christmas tree, let alone decorate it this year. The kids are fed, clothed, and relatively happy. They’re delighted with their paper advent calendars. Did anyone buy me some glamorous, £300 advent calendar? Did they f***. I am exhausted and broken. I have 1 clean pair of knickers left for tomorrow, a pile of washing bigger than Vesuvius, a heap of unwashed dishes and my house looks like a tit tip. But I have aspirations. I WANT to have the perfect home, the beautifully dressed matching children... but it just isn’t achievable and it is making me miserable. Comparing ourselves to others is just not healthy. But why do we do it to ourselves?! It’s addictive, it’s dangerous, and it’s just not right.
You should unfollow her. I honestly look at her Instagram and feel sorry for her. She lives a vacuous unfulfilled life. She feels the need to document everything. She's so insecure she needs to constantly tell us how she met a few Royals by stalking them. Her husband's businesses are a mess. I'm sure they constantly worry about it all coming crashing down. That's why she's started selling plastic tat.

Reactions: 10
You should unfollow her. I honestly look at her Instagram and feel sorry for her. She lives a vacuous unfulfilled life. She feels the need to document everything. She's so insecure she needs to constantly tell us how she met a few Royals by stalking them. Her husband's businesses are a mess. I'm sure they constantly worry about it all coming crashing down. That's why she's started selling plastic tat.
Was she not a estate agent?

I could cry, I really could. I flick through Instagram before I go to sleep as a bit of mindless distraction, but all the Christmas hype is too much at the moment. I probably follow the wrong people - those with seemingly perfect lives, a beautiful house, perfect children, those that appear to really have it all. She now has four (FOUR?!?) Christmas trees, all beautifully adorned, while there are people out there without a pot to p*** in. There’s a pandemic and people are dying all over the place. I mean rein it in people! The world does not need it rubbed in their faces just now. Hunter and Heels, Come Down to the Woods, Just a Little Build - all you lot - you seem to exist to make the rest of us feel woefully inadequate. As it happens, I’m a hospital doctor, I have a steady income, my position could be worse, but I’m a single mum, have massive student debts, no family support and am working almost every day from now until Christmas. I don’t know if I’ll even manage to get a bloody Christmas tree, let alone decorate it this year. The kids are fed, clothed, and relatively happy. They’re delighted with their paper advent calendars. Did anyone buy me some glamorous, £300 advent calendar? Did they f***. I am exhausted and broken. I have 1 clean pair of knickers left for tomorrow, a pile of washing bigger than Vesuvius, a heap of unwashed dishes and my house looks like a tit tip. But I have aspirations. I WANT to have the perfect home, the beautifully dressed matching children... but it just isn’t achievable and it is making me miserable. Comparing ourselves to others is just not healthy. But why do we do it to ourselves?! It’s addictive, it’s dangerous, and it’s just not right.
I deleted Instagram for 11 months as like you, it was making me feel like tit about myself. I put on 3 stone after my first baby and seeing all these perfect size 8 insta mums was not helping me feel good about myself. I did not miss it once. I've since reactivated my account (for baby weaning accounts) but feel like I'm seeing it for what it is now and have unfollowed all bar a few influencers.

At the end of the day, in the obituary whats it going to say "great girl, had four Christmas trees". What you are doing in both your personal and professional life just doesn't compare. You are doing the hardest job there is, raising children, on your own...SUPERSTAR! not to mention, working as a doctor during a pandemic. I think you need to give yourself a bit more credit...and unfollow these people who make you feel the way you do x

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I deleted Instagram for 11 months as like you, it was making me feel like tit about myself. I put on 3 stone after my first baby and seeing all these perfect size 8 insta mums was not helping me feel good about myself. I did not miss it once. I've since reactivated my account (for baby weaning accounts) but feel like I'm seeing it for what it is now and have unfollowed all bar a few influencers.

At the end of the day, in the obituary whats it going to say "great girl, had four Christmas trees". What you are doing in both your personal and professional life just doesn't compare. You are doing the hardest job there is, raising children, on your own...SUPERSTAR! not to mention, working as a doctor during a pandemic. I think you need to give yourself a bit more credit...and unfollow these people who make you feel the way you do x
Totally agree!! 👏🏼👏🏼 to the OP I admire you more than any ‘influencer’ ; I’m a nurse and have worked all through this pandemic too with covid patients and it sickens me to the back teeth to see these sad women show off day and daily about their shallow lives. Hold your head high knowing that your doing something worthwhile in this world for society and your own family, more than these lot could ever do 🙌🏻🌟

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I came off Insta over lockdown as it was affecting my mental health for the reasons @Waffledoggy mentioned. I feel so much better for it and really recommend those who find it triggering to do the same x

Reactions: 5
But remember each and every one of them are selling their children’s privacy for this fake lifestyle. Who in their right mind would want strangers looking at their children. You don’t have time to do what they’re doing because you have an amazing job that really matters to the world. They are sales woman whose ego is stroked by boasting. What’s that saying nobody likes a show off and it’s so true they all need to grow up and read the room, there is heartbreak throughout this country at the moment. LA should know this if she works with Simon community.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I'm still lolling at the obituary!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Laura-ad had been out done in the number of ads and Christmas trees, Hygge for Home today is showing off her at home winter wonderland complete with six trees on her daily ad 🙄

I can assure you if you are a doctor you are earning more than her any day of the week comparison is the thief of joy
Instagram is NOT reality. Dont forget it.

But remember each and every one of them are selling their children’s privacy for this fake lifestyle. Who in their right mind would want strangers looking at their children. You don’t have time to do what they’re doing because you have an amazing job that really matters to the world. They are sales woman whose ego is stroked by boasting. What’s that saying nobody likes a show off and it’s so true they all need to grow up and read the room, there is heartbreak throughout this country at the moment. LA should know this if she works with Simon community.
She doesnt "work" with simon community tho. She wants to work day and night with alcoholics, drug addicts, people with mental health conditions, people working the system, people with no family ties, self harmers, ive been there and its not pleasant and its certainly not little ponies in the garden and peonies on the shelf in the kitchen. She hasnt got a clue. Not a single clue.

Reactions: 7
I can assure you if you are a doctor you are earning more than her any day of the week comparison is the thief of joy
Instagram is NOT reality. Dont forget it.

She doesnt "work" with simon community tho. She wants to work day and night with alcoholics, drug addicts, people with mental health conditions, people working the system, people with no family ties, self harmers, ive been there and its not pleasant and its certainly not little ponies in the garden and peonies on the shelf in the kitchen. She hasnt got a clue. Not a single clue.
Yeah that was the point I was trying to make but you’ve written it much better 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 1
“The roofpace” No, Laura Ad, it’s a “roof space”! I gave her the benefit of the doubt thinking perhaps it was a typo but no! It appeared again.

See she’s flogging stuff on Facebook market 🤨 well he is.
Needs to make room for the collab nursery... I'm guessing Mamas and Papas... Though maybe Blossomingbirds got her one client a gig with a collab... Who knows😂 I don't understand bloggers and these nurseries months before babies arrive, baby is meant to sleep in the same room as the mother... awh well, as long as it looks the part of the gram

Reactions: 6
She’s such an arse that Santa day is where actual horse riders take their horses not their children who can’t talk properly and ponies that are used for ads

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.