Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Waffledoggy

I could cry, I really could. I flick through Instagram before I go to sleep as a bit of mindless distraction, but all the Christmas hype is too much at the moment. I probably follow the wrong people - those with seemingly perfect lives, a beautiful house, perfect children, those that appear to really have it all. She now has four (FOUR?!?) Christmas trees, all beautifully adorned, while there are people out there without a pot to p*** in. There’s a pandemic and people are dying all over the place. I mean rein it in people! The world does not need it rubbed in their faces just now. Hunter and Heels, Come Down to the Woods, Just a Little Build - all you lot - you seem to exist to make the rest of us feel woefully inadequate. As it happens, I’m a hospital doctor, I have a steady income, my position could be worse, but I’m a single mum, have massive student debts, no family support and am working almost every day from now until Christmas. I don’t know if I’ll even manage to get a bloody Christmas tree, let alone decorate it this year. The kids are fed, clothed, and relatively happy. They’re delighted with their paper advent calendars. Did anyone buy me some glamorous, £300 advent calendar? Did they f***. I am exhausted and broken. I have 1 clean pair of knickers left for tomorrow, a pile of washing bigger than Vesuvius, a heap of unwashed dishes and my house looks like a shit tip. But I have aspirations. I WANT to have the perfect home, the beautifully dressed matching children... but it just isn’t achievable and it is making me miserable. Comparing ourselves to others is just not healthy. But why do we do it to ourselves?! It’s addictive, it’s dangerous, and it’s just not right.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34

Picture123

Please don't redirect me to a rave thread but she has gone up greatly in my thoughts. Low key, understated pregnancy, non trendy/non royal name, simply a name she loves and a simple birth announcement pic, no fuss, no frills. She looks fantastic, the baby is gorgeous and the boys must be ecstatic. Genuinely happy for her (until she starts aff linking overpriced boden jumpers again lol

Also I'm 110% reusing the Babygrows, there's far too much waste on the planet and buying something new for the sake of it

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I could cry, I really could. I flick through Instagram before I go to sleep as a bit of mindless distraction, but all the Christmas hype is too much at the moment. I probably follow the wrong people - those with seemingly perfect lives, a beautiful house, perfect children, those that appear to really have it all. She now has four (FOUR?!?) Christmas trees, all beautifully adorned, while there are people out there without a pot to p*** in. There’s a pandemic and people are dying all over the place. I mean rein it in people! The world does not need it rubbed in their faces just now. Hunter and Heels, Come Down to the Woods, Just a Little Build - all you lot - you seem to exist to make the rest of us feel woefully inadequate. As it happens, I’m a hospital doctor, I have a steady income, my position could be worse, but I’m a single mum, have massive student debts, no family support and am working almost every day from now until Christmas. I don’t know if I’ll even manage to get a bloody Christmas tree, let alone decorate it this year. The kids are fed, clothed, and relatively happy. They’re delighted with their paper advent calendars. Did anyone buy me some glamorous, £300 advent calendar? Did they f***. I am exhausted and broken. I have 1 clean pair of knickers left for tomorrow, a pile of washing bigger than Vesuvius, a heap of unwashed dishes and my house looks like a shit tip. But I have aspirations. I WANT to have the perfect home, the beautifully dressed matching children... but it just isn’t achievable and it is making me miserable. Comparing ourselves to others is just not healthy. But why do we do it to ourselves?! It’s addictive, it’s dangerous, and it’s just not right.
I deleted Instagram for 11 months as like you, it was making me feel like shit about myself. I put on 3 stone after my first baby and seeing all these perfect size 8 insta mums was not helping me feel good about myself. I did not miss it once. I've since reactivated my account (for baby weaning accounts) but feel like I'm seeing it for what it is now and have unfollowed all bar a few influencers.

At the end of the day, in the obituary whats it going to say "great girl, had four Christmas trees". What you are doing in both your personal and professional life just doesn't compare. You are doing the hardest job there is, raising children, on your own...SUPERSTAR! not to mention, working as a doctor during a pandemic. I think you need to give yourself a bit more credit...and unfollow these people who make you feel the way you do x

• Heart
Reactions: 21

cee-bee

VIP Member
Honestly she is a dose, fawning all over Kate Middleton. She has notions about herself. I have zero time for royalty, I don’t think anyone should bow down to anyone.
her obsession with the royal family is really creepy.

I think it comes down to her own sense of classism and wanting to be “lady of the manor”.

sure she pops into Chanel and Kate Spade in London, eats out at expensive restaurants, but it’s all for show. Her whole life is for show. People who are truly happy and content don’t feel the need to brag online about it IME.

nobody who is content and happy, is obsessed with appearances, obsessed with curating an outward image of themselves, obsessed with buying and buying and buying. No one.

I’ve heard rumours about her husbands franchise going bust or something a few years ago - no mention of THAT sort of thing on Laura Anne’s grid.

if this woman ever makes you feel bad about your own life, it’s because ultimately that’s what she wants. She wants to inspire envy and to be “aspirational”. She believes some people are inherently better than others, especially if they have money. That’s why she loves the royal family so much.

so just block and forget about her. Her life is not what she puts online. If she has a “lovely looking life” it’s because she’s in full control of the narrative and isn’t letting the less savoury things come out online.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The false humility about the Abu Dhabi trip…
“When would we ever get the chance to go to Abu dhabi” she says as she’s just back from a luxury trip to the Maldives 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Lezzab

I deleted Instagram for 11 months as like you, it was making me feel like shit about myself. I put on 3 stone after my first baby and seeing all these perfect size 8 insta mums was not helping me feel good about myself. I did not miss it once. I've since reactivated my account (for baby weaning accounts) but feel like I'm seeing it for what it is now and have unfollowed all bar a few influencers.

At the end of the day, in the obituary whats it going to say "great girl, had four Christmas trees". What you are doing in both your personal and professional life just doesn't compare. You are doing the hardest job there is, raising children, on your own...SUPERSTAR! not to mention, working as a doctor during a pandemic. I think you need to give yourself a bit more credit...and unfollow these people who make you feel the way you do x
Totally agree!! 👏🏼👏🏼 to the OP I admire you more than any ‘influencer’ ; I’m a nurse and have worked all through this pandemic too with covid patients and it sickens me to the back teeth to see these sad women show off day and daily about their shallow lives. Hold your head high knowing that your doing something worthwhile in this world for society and your own family, more than these lot could ever do 🙌🏻🌟

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Cutthebull

VIP Member
She handed Prince Charles plastic flowers and her Mother gave Camilla a mug from Tesco. I’m beyond mortified for them. Her gushing to him made my toes curl. Couldn’t be bothered yesterday apparently but slept on it and saw an opportunity for some self promotion. She is an utter dose.

• Haha

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Lucy e-whingealista at it again get over yourself
I dont know who she is or what she does but she's entirely right to post this.

I know of other creatives who have had to post similar. Why should they spend their time honing a craft, finding suppliers, learning the tricks etc and then hand that info over for free to someone that can't be bothered to look for themselves?

I agree with her. Shes right

• Haha

Rosso

Laura is very lucky really. No denying it. She seems to have everything.. lovely kids, good looks and health, lots of money. They all seem happy. .very very fortunate in life .
Holidays back to back. .
There's such variation in people's luck, some escaping refugees drowning as they try to make a better life, then the extreme lucky ones like Laura, then most other people somewhere in between.
I wish the world was a fairer and happy place for everyone.
Makes me sad the divide.
Sad for myself sometimes when I'm not on back to back holidays, but then I count my blessings.

• Wow

Picture123

And yes it is Mamas and Papas. I feel like there a lot of pregnant influencers out there at the moment trying to get every freebee they can.

"Oh here's my £1000 nursery set I got for free.... You are so lucky though, you can maybe win a £300 voucher"

Seriously sick of mamas and papas doing this shit. Anyone who spends hard earned cash in there it just goes to gifting these beggy scroungers. The very least they can do is match the prize with what they've given the scrounger, but no, the hard working/ cash spending average Joe is offered a breadcrumb voucher worth a third of what they've gifted.

• Heart

Cynic123

Beautiful baby and she looks great. Glad everything went well for them. She’s certainly not my favourite instagrammer but think it’s unfair to criticise her for reusing one of her old baby grows when they obviously mean a lot to her and I’m sure the boys are delighted he’s wearing some of their old clothes.

• Heart

Cynic123

In a way I’m thinking fair play to her for posting it, makes a change from the usual preened posts

Reactions: 15

Downtoearth

Hello 👋 new to this thread but not to LAs ridiculous antics 🥴😂

I can't say much... But I know rather a lot about Kate/inner circle/Clarence House politics due to my job. LA has NO chance no matter how hard she tries 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Nixen

Chatty Member
Barney 🤡 ffs

they won’t always be cute wee blond boys Laura Ann.
Barney Barr?! Is she on glue?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

chica22

Curious as to how Mama Pretty (cringe 🥴) paid for all this if she was bringing Laura-Ad up on her own? Only assuming as much as there’s no mention of the father ever. Does anyone know what the mother works/worked at?
her mum didn’t bring her up on her own. Her dad was the one who had the money, very successful businessman. They broke up and her mum got a massive sum of money from the divorce, then they basically disowned the dad. He passed away a couple of years ago and LA didn’t even go to the funeral

• Wow
  • Sad

Clare

VIP Member
So that’s 3 big holidays this year already, 2 of which were free. Relatable. How about Disney gift holidays to those truly deserving people in society?? Using influencers for holidays has the opposite effect for me, it makes me want to steer clear completely

• Heart

Duchesspink

VIP Member
When she has to pay, she pays for the cheapest she can and miles out. If you were getting a freebie, would you not at least be decent and pay the going rate for the extra night you want at the hotel thats giving you the freebie?

I dont even know why Disney needs to give freebies to influencers, its not as though they need the marketing to get the business