Alice Liveing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been a big fan of Alice for a while but got to the point where I had to unfollow, it just seemed like anytime she was in London, you know actually working, she was just crying, moaning about how bad her day/life is then literally a few days later she is on yet another all expenses paid holiday! It was getting so tedious!

Reactions: 3
She did a Q&A and someone asked about her skin. I wish someone would ask if she gets botox.

Reactions: 1
She did a Q&A and someone asked about her skin. I wish someone would ask if she gets botox.
Ask her next time she does one! It clearly bothers you! 😂

Been a big fan of Alice for a while but got to the point where I had to unfollow, it just seemed like anytime she was in London, you know actually working, she was just crying, moaning about how bad her day/life is then literally a few days later she is on yet another all expenses paid holiday! It was getting so tedious!
Completely agree! So up and down!

Reactions: 2
Desperate much? Her thread is dead and if she's operating a business what is the issue with reporting to a regulator when she breaks the rules?

I don't think many of here would want to be an infuencer, just keep telling yourself it's jealous people.

How does it feel to be on the end of these comments?

Whatever was going on in Hooper's head – which, ultimately, is a mystery to anyone but herself – how does it feel to know that a party of bile is being held in your honour, somewhere in the web's rabbit holes?

Alice Liveing, personal trainer and Women’s Health columnist has dealt with cruel comments (in amongst the mostly positive ones) on Tattle Life, as well as on her own platforms.

‘People are entitled to an opinion – and when you go online in a public capacity, you have to know that you are not going to be everyone’s cup of tea,’ she tells WH.

‘Problems arise when people feel it’s their right to criticise you, publicly, in a way they never would, face-to-face. As we can see with the Clemmie Hooper incident, words hurt. You have no idea what sort of fragile mental state someone is in.’

alice liveing

As to how it can feel? ‘When people do say nasty things, and you see it, it chinks at your armour. Self-doubt creeps in and you start to question if what is being said is true. I am fortunate that I have a solid support network – but it’s easy to see how someone seeing this stuff could end up in a tricky spot.’

For one lifestyle influencer in her twenties, who wishes to remain anonymous, gossip sites have proved devastating.

‘I found Guru Gossip about four years ago – and got into a bad way reading it,' she says. 'But someone hacked the website and showed user names and emails and I saw that they were mostly bloggers who hadn’t ended up successful – which, honestly, did make it hurt less.’ (This tallies with a point from Cavangh on what pulls people to these sites: 'Celebrities and Instagram influencers have more power and status than most of us. Tearing them down to your social equals may feel a little like reasserting some of your own social power, making you feel less low status.')

The content of the comments is far-ranging. ‘On Tattle Life, I've been slated for my voice, what I wear. My family are criticised. It's every little thing. It feels like you’ve been physically abused and battered. Intellectually, I know these people are saddos, but it does take a couple of weeks to fully realise that.’

She also claims that certain site members have attempted to create IRL implications, reporting her to the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) for alleged misconduct, with regards to paid-for posts. (A spokesperson for Tattle Life said that they cannot comment without being directed to the specific mentions in question.)

As to why she did read the forums, when she heard of them? ‘It’s human nature to read this stuff when someone tells you about it. But I don’t read them, anymore.’

What article is that? Did Alice share it?

Her thread is barely active because there isn't much to say about her.

I’m not surprised to see people’s opinions of Alice change on here! I’ve been thinking the exact same, she’s obviously always been wealthy but had managed to hide it well and seemed so relatable! I used to love her during the Clean Eating Alice days.. she used to give me such amazing food inspiration, but now it’s all Soho House weekends and lavish o’clock! The comments the other night when she hit back at someone saying something about playing hard because she works so hard and deserves it was the final straw for me unfollowing!

I’m not surprised to see people’s opinions of Alice change on here! I’ve been thinking the exact same, she’s obviously always been wealthy but had managed to hide it well and seemed so relatable! I used to love her during the Clean Eating Alice days.. she used to give me such amazing food inspiration, but now it’s all Soho House weekends and lavish o’clock! The comments the other night when she hit back at someone saying something about playing hard because she works so hard and deserves it was the final straw for me unfollowing!
Its around 2 months ago or so her content really changed. When she was having panic attacks etc. They stopped and then all of a sudden her content was very luxe.

I find it bizarre how she’s done a 360 turn from where she started & everything she stood for. Sure, we all change & grow but from what she’s said she was living such a lie then, why would I believe in what she says now?! She’s also buddies with Rhiannon Lambert who has to be one of the biggest fakes in the ‘wellness’ industry. So much so she even has her own emoji because when she smiles she looks like 😬 Banging on about evidence-based, science but not so clear on obvious use of botox, fillers & boob jobs.

I find it bizarre how she’s done a 360 turn from where she started & everything she stood for. Sure, we all change & grow but from what she’s said she was living such a lie then, why would I believe in what she says now?! She’s also buddies with Rhiannon Lambert who has to be one of the biggest fakes in the ‘wellness’ industry. So much so she even has her own emoji because when she smiles she looks like 😬 Banging on about evidence-based, science but not so clear on obvious use of botox, fillers & boob jobs.
Yeah, she said herself that the "clean eating" Alice wasn't healthy.
What I find the oddest is that a few months ago Alice was having a hellish time with periods, panic attacks, etc. But after weeks of ongoing problems, suddenly overnight she was better. I am not doubting she wasn't feeling well but stuff like that doesn't just disappear. I think she did mention she was seeing a therapist though which is good. Alice also has POCs, which she has mentioned before... I am wondering if that is why her periods were so bad? Obviously it isn't my business but she did post about it constantly on her stories and then went radio silent. And if I recall, she didn't mention in any of them her history of POCs. https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...ic-ovary-syndrome_uk_5981dbc1e4b09d24e994520c

For the most part, I like Alice and her content BUT some things annoy me.

There is a thread on ‘Rhi’ which I am amazed hasn’t got more comments. Clearly has an ED.

Yeah, she said herself that the "clean eating" Alice wasn't healthy.
What I find the oddest is that a few months ago Alice was having a hellish time with periods, panic attacks, etc. But after weeks of ongoing problems, suddenly overnight she was better. I am not doubting she wasn't feeling well but stuff like that doesn't just disappear. I think she did mention she was seeing a therapist though which is good. Alice also has POCs, which she has mentioned before... I am wondering if that is why her periods were so bad? Obviously it isn't my business but she did post about it constantly on her stories and then went radio silent. And if I recall, she didn't mention in any of them her history of POCs. https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...ic-ovary-syndrome_uk_5981dbc1e4b09d24e994520c

For the most part, I like Alice and her content BUT some things annoy me.
The thing is she could use her negative experiences for good but instead she just seems to moan and play the woe is me card’. For someone in their 20s she doesn’t appear to have much of a social life either. It’s sad to see.

I’ve just seen her story about ‘a brand she really cares about’ ... headed to her grid expecting to see some amazing health and wellness product, but wtf!!! VO flipping 5 🤦🏼‍♀️😂😂

I’ve just seen her story about ‘a brand she really cares about’ ... headed to her grid expecting to see some amazing health and wellness product, but wtf!!! VO flipping 5 🤦🏼‍♀️😂😂
She uses a hundred pounds + skincare products. Alice is definitely not using VO5. If it was Davines or Bumble and Bumble then that would be a more believable collab.

I can see her apartment from my house, and I bump into her an awful lot.
Was this actually for real, this evening? These were five of her Stories, in a row. So unbelievably desperate. She is coming across as very manic.

932C373E-7C11-4B0F-94A4-9B990AC62C4E.png 7B87AF33-CDDB-4170-BB6E-698A9A181AA8.png DA02CF57-ABC5-4017-965C-C09BB8C3887F.png A94E4839-ECF0-4613-8741-711AA0F794E9.png B6CC2D1C-E5B7-4C9C-9921-C0B484D87C85.png

• Sad
I can see her apartment from my house, and I bump into her an awful lot.
Was this actually for real, this evening? These were five of her Stories, in a row. So unbelievably desperate. She is coming across as very manic.

View attachment 59178View attachment 59179View attachment 59180View attachment 59181View attachment 59182
What makes you say she is manic? I never picked up on it.

Do you speak to her? Or do you mean you just see her?

Might sound weird but I never liked how she walked in the dark, early morning, with her earphones in talking to the camera. I've never walked in the dark with earphones in as you never know who is around. Maybe I am just paranoid though.

What makes you say she is manic? I never picked up on it.

Do you speak to her? Or do you mean you just see her?

Might sound weird but I never liked how she walked in the dark, early morning, with her earphones in talking to the camera. I've never walked in the dark with earphones in as you never know who is around. Maybe I am just paranoid though.
Her mood appears to be either euphoric or irritable. As others have said, I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Sorry - I meant that I see her a lot; have exchanged pleasantries.

I completely agree re. the walking in the dark mornings for her ‘Good morninggg’ Stories. Although, her route is quite well lit up, and busy, even at that time.

Her mood appears to be either euphoric or irritable. As others have said, I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Sorry - I meant that I see her a lot; have exchanged pleasantries.

I completely agree re. the walking in the dark mornings for her ‘Good morninggg’ Stories. Although, her route is quite well lit up, and busy, even at that time.
Agreed. It’s been commented on before. She is either on top of the world or miserable as sin. There doesn’t appear to be a middle ground. There have been a lot of posts asking for people to like or share her content recently. Think her time as an influencer is coming to an end tbh.

It does perhaps show how many bots are following her though considering she gets 2000-3000 likes per post off nearly 700,000 followers!!!

ABCEB2D5-E71A-4E9A-A76D-DE684F03890F.png

Last edited:
Agreed. It’s been commented on before. She is either on top of the world or miserable as sin. There doesn’t appear to be a middle ground. There have been a lot of posts asking for people to like or share her content recently. Think her time as an influencer is coming to an end tbh.
She will say it is the algorithm but it isn't. I used to like her photos all the time as they used to seem personal and genuine. I stopped liking them around the time she was having panic attacks and all the adverts started flowing in.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.