Alice Liveing #7 Paddy won’t commit, her clothes don’t fit and the app is still Tommy tit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my. Oh bleeping my.
Christ. So all those ridiculous stories about mother of the bride outfit and weddings etc really were all BS.

At this point I want Alice to bin him. Keeping her dangling, buggering off each weekend - I want her to have a nice guy who wants to be with her all the time.
(I’m an old romantic)
You know, I agree. It is such a one sided relationship. She needs someone grounded who actually cares. Paddy clearly doesn’t give a tit about her.

Reactions: 7
Besides paddy and her thousands of followers, isn’t she embarrassed to keep on this way in front of her family and close friends? My siblings would be like…. You ok hun

Reactions: 9
I see what you did there Alice....
Ask your followers for questions and then pop a 'pre-arranged' ad in the middle of 'em for engagement. Sneaky. 🙄

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Ask your followers for questions and then pop a 'pre-arranged' ad in the middle of 'em for engagement. Sneaky. 🙄
Cos she knows she has a captive audience waiting to see her next embarrassing fake question about marriage 😤😂

Reactions: 1
To be fair her engagement on her ads is so piss poor she had to do something!!
Influencer my arse.

Reactions: 5
Anyone else catch that waffle about asking for opinions about slim people pretending to be fat to be relatable this morning and got promptly deleted?

Reactions: 3
Anyone else catch that waffle about asking for opinions about slim people pretending to be fat to be relatable this morning and got promptly deleted?
Oh has she deleted it?! Yes, I saw it! Only one story and it cut off at the end but she was going on about how uncomfortable she is with insta people showing off their belly rolls and lack of thigh gaps I think? She wasn't making a lot of sense to me and now she's deleted it.... 🙄

• Wow
Christ. So all those ridiculous stories about mother of the bride outfit and weddings etc really were all BS.

You know, I agree. It is such a one sided relationship. She needs someone grounded who actually cares. Paddy clearly doesn’t give a tit about her.
She is so obsessed with this proposal, it’s sad to witness. She’s completely killed any romanticism about it. I think the only reason she isn’t cutting her losses and moving on is because she’s one of those who thinks they’ve “invested” their prime years into this one guy so they have to stay put to see it through. What I don’t get is why doesn’t he move on? What does he get out of this relationship other than a freezer full of frozen vegan ready meals? He could be golfing and clubbing freely without having to throw in a crappy holiday every so often out of what seems like obligation. Baffling.

Reactions: 10
She is so obsessed with this proposal, it’s sad to witness. She’s completely killed any romanticism about it. I think the only reason she isn’t cutting her losses and moving on is because she’s one of those who thinks they’ve “invested” their prime years into this one guy so they have to stay put to see it through. What I don’t get is why doesn’t he move on? What does he get out of this relationship other than a freezer full of frozen vegan ready meals? He could be golfing and clubbing freely without having to throw in a crappy holiday every so often out of what seems like obligation. Baffling.
Totally. I’ve said it before on this thread so I won’t derail again, but I was Alice (except older), seeing all my friends get engaged, and my “Paddy” did just that. Moved on. Very suddenly. To another continent, as it happened! And trust me, Alice, moving out of your shared home and restarting your life is exactly as hard as you’d think it would be, and it’s even worse when it’s not your decision.

I hope I’m wrong and he proposes soon, I really do, I wouldn’t wish that experience on my worst enemy.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Totally. I’ve said it before on this thread so I won’t derail again, but I was Alice (except older), seeing all my friends get engaged, and my “Paddy” did just that. Moved on. Very suddenly. To another continent, as it happened! And trust me, Alice, moving out of your shared home and restarting your life is exactly as hard as you’d think it would be, and it’s even worse when it’s not your decision.

I hope I’m wrong and he proposes soon, I really do, I wouldn’t wish that experience on my worst enemy.
But, proposing is one thing, if he is dragging this out, who thinks they would actually make it down the aisle?

Myself and friends have been in similar situations to some of you above. Spending a lot of time in a relationship that just ends abruptly. In my case I’ve had ex partners be engaged and married a few months - less than a year after our relationship ended. I have some friends that have the 30 fright - don’t want to be single as they think it’s their last chance to have a family/ wedding or whatever and then stay in a relationship even though it’s going nowhere and there’s no sign of commitment. I’m sure Alice will post to prove us all wrong but for speculation sake I reckon there’s a bit of the 30 fright,comparing herself to her friendship circle and paddy just isn’t going to be the one to end it. At the end of the day he gets all he wants out of the relationship (wedding +1, holiday partner, company on his terms) - she’d have to be the one to say “hey, I’m not getting what I want here”.

How long have they actually been together? I recently got engaged and it took my partner 8 years.

Reactions: 6
I think they have pretty much agreed that they will get married at some point, but haven't formally got engaged.

Reactions: 3
How long have they actually been together? I recently got engaged and it took my partner 8 years.
She’s also only 29 - there’s no huge rush at all and it’s not that weird that she’s not engaged/married. They might have even discussed not getting married at all, except for the fact that she makes it so embarrassingly obvious that she’s just waiting for it. It’s such a childish view on marriage. She just wants a ring and a wedding. I feel like anyone could slot into Paddy’s place.

Reactions: 16
He gets a lovely home with clean everything and a “semi famous” (locally) GF to trot out. I know few guys who would turn up their nose at that. She needs to be careful she’s not fulfilling a mommy role though. Super common with men.

I’ve been around the block (and chapel!) more than once and can absolutely without fail offer this life advice:
If you push him into marrying you, there will be issues and unhappiness. Stop. Period. End of sentence 🤔

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.