Alice Liveing #2 Brand new teeth, brand new app, shame she’s filtered and full of crap

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Alice has PCOS I believe? She was on the pill to help ease symptoms yet chose to come off it and now she is in a lot of pain again. I get it. I really do. Painful periods are terrible. I have endometriosis and for this reason I am on a hormonal treatment to suppress it. I don't know why she came off her treatment when her periods make her so ill.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m so sorry for the loss of your friend 😔

She’s a massive whinge bag. I too have suffered with my periods for multiple medical reasons and I’m all for creating awareness because I did feel alone when I was younger but she goes about it the wrong way, she’s a total attention seeker.
Thank you. It’s beyond tragic and my friend never complained, not even as they got weaker and when they lost their sight. I guess it’s one of the reasons I find her constant moaning about trivial ailments so grating.

I do totally sympathise with painful periods - I have PCOS too and used to throw up from the pain every month. It’s not so much her having pain with her periods but the fact that literally every single week she will complain about 2 or 3 different issues with her body. She is only in her 20s - god help her when she’s older and has even more problems!

Reactions: 5
On the subject of pain ( and yes I’m one upping, but it’s to make a point)
I had blood cancer
I had treatment that didn’t work
I had a bone marrow transplant
I had graft vs host that is ravaging my body to this day
I’ve had cataracts, both hips replaced, an SVT, a widow maker heart attack and now am facing a double lung transplant.
If you didn’t know me for the last 10 years - you’d never know. I never complain and I never explain.
I take pride in my strength and, looking back, I’d say to anyone asking advice to live. Travel, dance, laugh! Hard times will come for all of us eventually.
She just can’t get out of her own way.
Oh - and how’s that wrist 🙄🙄?????

I never write this stuff down publicly. That’s how annoyed I am at her. Yes I can unfollow. I know ….

• Heart
Reactions: 11
On the subject of pain ( and yes I’m one upping, but it’s to make a point)
I had blood cancer
I had treatment that didn’t work
I had a bone marrow transplant
I had graft vs host that is ravaging my body to this day
I’ve had cataracts, both hips replaced, an SVT, a widow maker heart attack and now am facing a double lung transplant.
If you didn’t know me for the last 10 years - you’d never know. I never complain and I never explain.
I take pride in my strength and, looking back, I’d say to anyone asking advice to live. Travel, dance, laugh! Hard times will come for all of us eventually.
She just can’t get out of her own way.
Oh - and how’s that wrist 🙄🙄?????

I never write this stuff down publicly. That’s how annoyed I am at her. Yes I can unfollow. I know ….
That is a hell of a journey. Wishing you all the best. I love your advice. Hope Alice reads your post and realises how lucky she is.

Reactions: 1
That is a hell of a journey. Wishing you all the best. I love your advice. Hope Alice reads your post and realises how lucky she is.
Thank you. As I stated above, I’m not saying this for sympathy but to enlighten people and illustrate a point.
It’s hard to love myself some days, but I do. It’s mind over matter.
Lecture over.

This was a healthy reminder for myself to be grateful for what I have and put things into perspective. This is why I really love this community here. Love and best wishes to all of you 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This was a healthy reminder for myself to be grateful for what I have and put things into perspective. This is why I really love this community here. Love and best wishes to all of you 💕
We all need that reminder every now and again 👍 life is very precious.

Reactions: 2
I'm not directly attacking Alice but there's a group of girls that keep talking about how skinny they used to be and now they still look slim but healthier. They make money Trying by influencing people to be a stick and now they all do the opposite. Tally Rye is the worst for this acting as though she's the only ever person to put on weight. It's almost as though they are all anti lifting and think everyone now should be doing lighter workouts from home because of the lockdowns because of their apps/workout programmes.

Reactions: 10
I'm not directly attacking Alice but there's a group of girls that keep talking about how skinny they used to be and now they still look slim but healthier. They make money Trying by influencing people to be a stick and now they all do the opposite. Tally Rye is the worst for this acting as though she's the only ever person to put on weight. It's almost as though they are all anti lifting and think everyone now should be doing lighter workouts from home because of the lockdowns because of their apps/workout programmes.
I had to unfollow her for that very reason

Well that and the fact she travelled to the Maldives in the middle of a pandemic

• Heart
100% agree on this. Tally makes money off her podcast and her books based on 'rejecting diet culture, not over exercising and loving yourself in a bigger body' which is all well and good but she also made money from influencing young girls to do the exact opposite not long ago. People can obviously change and evolve but I really don't think she has ever acknowledged properly her personal impact on people. It's all about that she's changed her opinion and her treatment of herself rather than taking responsibility for promoting something she now doesn't agree with. It's really my main issue with influencers in general that they basically say what they like and then when the wind changes they say something else and never take responsibility for anything. They are called 'influencers' for a reason and if they had any morals they would acknowledge and be very careful with the power that comes with that. Instead it's just all about money and attention.

Reactions: 10
100% agree on this. Tally makes money off her podcast and her books based on 'rejecting diet culture, not over exercising and loving yourself in a bigger body' which is all well and good but she also made money from influencing young girls to do the exact opposite not long ago. People can obviously change and evolve but I really don't think she has ever acknowledged properly her personal impact on people. It's all about that she's changed her opinion and her treatment of herself rather than taking responsibility for promoting something she now doesn't agree with. It's really my main issue with influencers in general that they basically say what they like and then when the wind changes they say something else and never take responsibility for anything. They are called 'influencers' for a reason and if they had any morals they would acknowledge and be very careful with the power that comes with that. Instead it's just all about money and attention.
None of them ever do, they just sweep it under the carpet and hope people forget in order to collect the next pay check.

Aren’t Alice and Tally friends? Cause Alice doe this too!
I think so... Alice looks like she's a healthy weight . Whereas Tally has gained alot more and you can see the difference. There was a podcast Tally did with some friends talking about how they would meal
Totally I think Alice is more humble about it than Tally. Tally is so patronizing like she's the first ever person to gain weight. I heard Tally speak on a podcast talking about how she would meal prep on holiday etc and how she goes to the gym for her mental health more than her body. But physical health is just as important as mental health one can't work without each other.

I think so... Alice looks like she's a healthy weight . Whereas Tally has gained alot more and you can see the difference. There was a podcast Tally did with some friends talking about how they would meal

Totally I think Alice is more humble about it than Tally. Tally is so patronizing like she's the first ever person to gain weight. I heard Tally speak on a podcast talking about how she would meal prep on holiday etc and how she goes to the gym for her mental health more than her body. But physical health is just as important as mental health one can't work without each other.
So so agree. While I know Alice is still problematic I totally agree she is more measured about this area. She's clearly still fit and has muscle and trains a lot but is honest about how crappy it felt to have her previous body. Not body shaming at all but it seems like Tally is actively trying to gain weight so she can join the body positive movement and it's happened pretty fast which is not healthy.

Maybe I just feel personally affected by it. I (stupidly) followed all those girls, tried to take all their advice and now it feels like they are sort of saying how stupid are you for believing what we said. I still love training, I find fitness really helps my mood and makes me more confident in myself but now I'm supposed to think that having a regular training routine, trying to eat healthy is something to be looked down upon and is obsessive.

These girls and many more (Chessie King, Vic, etc) all got instafamous promoting a specific message and now they are laughing all the way to the bank telling us it was all bullshit. What about all the people they gave complex's to, caused them to over train, resulted in them having eating disorders? It's not enough in my opinion to just change your message and carry on jiggling your new body around and showing a couple of stretch marks on the pretense you are righting your past wrongs while making money from that too.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Not body shaming at all but it seems like Tally is actively trying to gain weight so she can join the body positive movement and it's happened pretty fast which is not healthy.
Tally doesnt seem to hold any of her weight on her face (unlike me who has 3 chins over here 🙋🏼‍♀️🙈). I bet if she did though, she may not be as comfortable at that weight. My face is like a moon when I gain weight but she's lucky enough to still have a slim face, so jealous but hey that's genetics for u :(

Attachments

So so agree. While I know Alice is still problematic I totally agree she is more measured about this area. She's clearly still fit and has muscle and trains a lot but is honest about how crappy it felt to have her previous body. Not body shaming at all but it seems like Tally is actively trying to gain weight so she can join the body positive movement and it's happened pretty fast which is not healthy.

Maybe I just feel personally affected by it. I (stupidly) followed all those girls, tried to take all their advice and now it feels like they are sort of saying how stupid are you for believing what we said. I still love training, I find fitness really helps my mood and makes me more confident in myself but now I'm supposed to think that having a regular training routine, trying to eat healthy is something to be looked down upon and is obsessive.

These girls and many more (Chessie King, Vic, etc) all got instafamous promoting a specific message and now they are laughing all the way to the bank telling us it was all bullshit. What about all the people they gave complex's to, caused them to over train, resulted in them having eating disorders? It's not enough in my opinion to just change your message and carry on jiggling your new body around and showing a couple of stretch marks on the pretense you are righting your past wrongs while making money from that too.
Totally agree... Also training and the gym is actually good for people who have an eating disorder as it gives them control. I've realised I'm definitely a stress eater and I feel better after I've gone to gym. It makes me so mad how they are all now against people going to the gym to improve and get PBs in weightlifting. It's a good hobby to have and it's a sport just like running is.

These influencers will switch to whatever makes them the most money. "Clean" eating is out. I think there was a point where Alice looked way too lean, like she clearly had an issue. But she looked best in 2019. And last year put weight on... may be a combination of lockdown and also coming off the pill and getting her period back/having pcos so not exercising as much.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.