Alice Evans & Ioan Gruffudd #252 Empty lives and empty threats and empty pockets!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we would all like the opportunities to travel in luxury and get to see fantastic places and experiences. It is a no brainer. But B looks like she is just clinging on to the Main Man Ioan (who probably can’t believe his luck that in his middle age has manage to bag a much younger woman. It is not only his hair transplant that is making him look good, she does too. She is an asset when he schmoozes plus gives the impression that he is younger than he is.) But she is walking the same road that Alice did, putting him before everything. They are in that giddy loved up stage and probably want to be together but its an unproductive life for her if her role is just following him around. Hopefully her movie gets traction which will give her some separate identity - at the moment they are fused.

Still think the dress, which I loved, was disrespectful of the venue. If she went there earlier she knew exactly what the building was but still went in a dress that showed a lot of chest and leg. Alice would and has got flamed for inappropriate attire at kids premieres etc, but this is worse.
You think Alice put Ioan before everything? I've never thought that. Alice and her needs have always come first. I don't think the outfit was worse than Alice's attire at a kid's premiere. There was an event, and not a church service going on, and she stayed at the back, by the looks of it. Was it short with decolletage? Yes. Could it have been more covered up? Yes. But there was no one there to offend as the place had been made available to the event itself. And you could argue that renting a church for an entertainment event is also less than respectful (though I don't think it is). Especially considering the Pantheon was originally a pagan temple.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
So I did a little look into Blackball. Alice plays a bit of posh totty the main character (Paul Kaye) falls in love with - here are some of the reviews I could find that actually mentioned her (most don't but it seems a very 'blokie movie'):

Futuremovies: Alice Evans as Kerry, Cliff’s love interest and Ray’s daughter, has herself admitted that compared to the boys her part isn’t particularly attention-grabbing (see Future Movies report on the Blackball Press Conference). However, she is feisty enough to give Cliff a little bit of his own medicine, although in reality she would be far too fit for a man with bad teeth who looks like he smells.

Variety: Kaye, a TV thesp known for bad-boy roles, makes a fine bigscreen debut, and is especially good in his gross superstar scenes. Sporting a perfect English accent, Cromwell makes a believable old-fogey Brit, and Vaughn gives the film some much-needed punch as the anything-goes U.S. sports agent. In a male-dominated movie, lens-friendly Evans has only a few notable moments in a token g.f. role.

IMDB Reviewer: Alice Evans is cute enough, a bit on the cold though, as the daughter of the old Speight played by a towering James Cromwell, excellent as always.

The best in my opnion, the review from the BBC: So, it's a mild sports/media satire, laced with romance and ridicule. Evans has scenes stolen by her fringe, while Kaye can't compensate for his thin character.

What I find quite sad in a pathetic kind of way is the interview with Paul Kaye. When you see how far she has fallen in looks, charisma and just literally the ability to speak (the lisp is there but ever so faintly, not like now where it overtakes her mouth), it is quite tragic. It is literally showing her then vs now as an allegory on how far a person can fall. See the interview vs the self posted rant video

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The
Surely the difference between the lack of jobs here is that if any of us were lucky enough to have family money / inheritance / whatever like Bianca and therefore didn't need to work, we'd be delighted. But few of us would resort to Malice's tactics as a way to maintain our lifestyle as we are not lowlife, lazy abusers like she is.
Bianca also doesn't have kids to feed.

Reactions: 19
I think we would all like the opportunities to travel in luxury and get to see fantastic places and experiences. It is a no brainer. But B looks like she is just clinging on to the Main Man Ioan (who probably can’t believe his luck that in his middle age has manage to bag a much younger woman. It is not only his hair transplant that is making him look good, she does too. She is an asset when he schmoozes plus gives the impression that he is younger than he is.) But she is walking the same road that Alice did, putting him before everything. They are in that giddy loved up stage and probably want to be together but its an unproductive life for her if her role is just following him around. Hopefully her movie gets traction which will give her some separate identity - at the moment they are fused.

Still think the dress, which I loved, was disrespectful of the venue. If she went there earlier she knew exactly what the building was but still went in a dress that showed a lot of chest and leg. Alice would and has got flamed for inappropriate attire at kids premieres etc, but this is worse.
I agree pretty much with all of this...except to say it may or may not be "unproductive" - it's all relative - we don't know how productive or unproductive her life was before this or would have been if she hadn't got together with Ioan. Personally I think she's certainly raised her profile and things may be in the pipeline which might not have been the case otherwise, and time will tell what she does with the doors that have undoubtedly been opened.
And if not, who knows? she may be happy being unproductive and being a plus 1.

Reactions: 15
I don't understand why people think that Ioan is supporting Bianca, doesn't it say in the court documents that she was supporting him financially at one point.

Ok she was his plus one in Italy and on the red carpets recently but that's not to say she doesn't have projects and charity work going on.

I don't know where her money comes from, family money or divorce settlement who knows, frankly it's non of my business, and I'm not jealous.

It looks to me that they are both generous and share their money. Unlike you know who that thinks that the world owes her everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
So I did a little look into Blackball. Alice plays a bit of posh totty the main character (Paul Kaye) falls in love with - here are some of the reviews I could find that actually mentioned her (most don't but it seems a very 'blokie movie'):

Futuremovies: Alice Evans as Kerry, Cliff’s love interest and Ray’s daughter, has herself admitted that compared to the boys her part isn’t particularly attention-grabbing (see Future Movies report on the Blackball Press Conference). However, she is feisty enough to give Cliff a little bit of his own medicine, although in reality she would be far too fit for a man with bad teeth who looks like he smells.

Variety: Kaye, a TV thesp known for bad-boy roles, makes a fine bigscreen debut, and is especially good in his gross superstar scenes. Sporting a perfect English accent, Cromwell makes a believable old-fogey Brit, and Vaughn gives the film some much-needed punch as the anything-goes U.S. sports agent. In a male-dominated movie, lens-friendly Evans has only a few notable moments in a token g.f. role.

IMDB Reviewer: Alice Evans is cute enough, a bit on the cold though, as the daughter of the old Speight played by a towering James Cromwell, excellent as always.

The best in my opnion, the review from the BBC: So, it's a mild sports/media satire, laced with romance and ridicule. Evans has scenes stolen by her fringe, while Kaye can't compensate for his thin character.

What I find quite sad in a pathetic kind of way is the interview with Paul Kaye. When you see how far she has fallen in looks, charisma and just literally the ability to speak (the lisp is there but ever so faintly, not like now where it overtakes her mouth), it is quite tragic. It is literally showing her then vs now as an allegory on how far a person can fall. See the interview vs the self posted rant video

I cannot physically watch her, I simply can't listen to her voice it's akin to nails down a blackboard.

Reactions: 30
I don't understand why people think that Ioan is supporting Bianca, doesn't it say in the court documents that she was supporting him financially at one point.

Ok she was his plus one in Italy and on the red carpets recently but that's not to say she doesn't have projects and charity work going on.

I don't know where her money comes from, family money or divorce settlement who knows, frankly it's non of my business, and I'm not jealous.

It looks to me that they are both generous and share their money. Unlike you know who that thinks that the world owes her everything.
At a particular point in time she was for a period. Not necessarily the whole time though. We don't have the information to say one way or the other I think.

Reactions: 6

I doubt that Alice ever put Ioan or anyone first. She was in competition with Ioan. She was trying to undermine him and did undermine him. She would've leapfrogged him if the opportunity arose. Too bad she had/still has a toxic personality, no work ethic and no talent.

Bianca is young, has no children, possibly has some of her own funds, has a boyfriend who wants her to accompany him on these jaunts. What do you expect her to do. Turn down a free fun trip because she should be seen pulling her own weight for internet likes? Sometimes people get lucky and can live this kind of life of leisure. No harm, no foul.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I doubt that Alice ever put Ioan or anyone first. She was in competition with Ioan. She was trying to undermine him and did undermine him. She would've leapfrogged him if the opportunity arose. Too bad she had/still has a toxic personality, no work ethic and no talent.

Bianca is young, has no children, possibly has some of her own funds, has a boyfriend who wants her to accompany him on these jaunts. What do you expect her to do. Turn down a free fun trip because she should be seen pulling her own weight for internet likes? Sometimes people get lucky and can live this kind of life of leisure. No harm, no foul.
Yeah sorry I just read that bit about Alice putting him before everything. I don't think she ever did that. I think what she did was put all her eggs in one basket and thought she was set for life, although I think she was really angry that he didn't make more money or become a big A list star and she probably reminded him of what a failure he was (in her eyes).

• Heart
Reactions: 24
For all we know she’s WFH from LA out of Australia and being paid Australian dollars, thereby not violating US law if she’s on a visa. If that’s possible and I’m sure it is.

Reactions: 19
Just looking at the Hall of Shame here on Tattle for talentless wasters by number of threads.
  1. Harry & Meghan #450 William, George & Charlotte Shake it Off
  2. Katie Price #400 The honking Horsham hillbilly faced eviction
  3. Alice Evans & Ioan Gruffudd #252 Empty lives and empty threats and empty pockets!
AFE made the top 3!!! So well deserved!

Slow hand clap
👏
👏
👏
She should recruit Harry and Meghan in her plight to overcome the "professional bullies" that sit in their corner of internet on Tattle and gossip! 🤭
---
Is that 7 inches long would you say?!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
After working so hard all my life I wouldn't say no to participating in the Hollywood lifestyle for a while, especially if I had my own money and no dependents like Bianca does. Sign me up! 😂

Gentle reminder, as someone who advises "the other half" for a living: if you have a relatively peaceful life and family and/or friends that love you, you have something that many affluent people don't have and can never buy, no matter how much money they have. Some of them have horrible things going on in their lives. Believe me when I say that everyone has their own cross to bear, and I wouldn't switch places with them for anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 72

None of it is any of our business.

Reactions: 9
I think that Bianca has decided to live life to the full while she can - especially not knowing what her diagnosis means in terms of future mobility. She pays her own living expenses - slightly more than 50% if I remember correctly from the court documents.

In 20 years I bet she won't be saying "Oh I wish I had worked an accounting job rather than going to the Italian film festival as a VIP."

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I think that Bianca has decided to live life to the full while she can - especially not knowing what her diagnosis means in terms of future mobility. She pays her own living expenses - slightly more than 50% if I remember correctly from the court documents.

In 20 years I bet she won't be saying "Oh I wish I had worked an accounting job rather than going to the Italian films festival as a VIP."
Nobody would. But at the moment she is a cling on like Alice. Not for his money but the celebrity adjacent thing. She doesn’t try to outshine him though. Not yet anyway. He is a plodder, pleasant enough but a bit dull personality wise, she gives him a bit of fizz. Alice thought she was the star and Ioan was the cling on.
---
Could be B or A there. Bet Ioan is loving all this.

• Wow
Reactions: 9

In 20 years I bet she won't be saying "Oh I wish I had worked an accounting job rather than going to the Italian film festival as a VIP."
This last month or so has been busy with events and travel for them but we have no idea what they spend the rest of the time doing (apart from walking Bubba and endless meetings with their lawyers, obv). I don't think we can interpolate much about B's working life from a few high profile events, where it's obvious she'd want to accompany him and, as his fiancee, would be frankly weird if she didn't (also, free holiday, woooooooo!)

• Heart
Reactions: 33
She was never a memorable actress, IMO. She is flat in affect and has trouble showing any real emotion in her face. The reviews seem spot on. I think the VD role, though very short lived, made use of these shortcomings. The character was cold and contained. I watched a clip.

She was one of many leggy pretty young actresses who had minor roles other than the French film and the Dalmatian movie. It's hard to revive a career that other than small TV roles, ended 15 years ago. I'm a realist.

Her body of work as an actress paints an unremarkable story. She's not a great talent where industry folks would celebrate her comeback and clamor to give her roles. She's not Meg Ryan or Michelle Pfeiffer. Most people have never heard of her and if they have, it's because of the divorce.

MOO

Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.