Alice Evans & Ioan Gruffudd #235 Alice Evans I am very lazy

Will Alice manage to stay in her Beverly Hills apartment from May onwards?

• Yes

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • No

Votes: 168 62.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have just started watching the Z list celeb family, The Simms on Netflix. For those not familiar they are a reality TV family who have loads of plastic surgery and and trying to break into America and have just moved there - to La Jolla Avenue (is this THE La Jolla Avenue) ?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
knowing Alice she will "size down" to something more expensive

• Haha
Reactions: 41
knowing Alice she will "size down" to something more expensive
Maybe one of her FM's or online beaux's will fork out $3,500 for this very glamorous :)sick:) Gucci tent. It will look fabulous pitched on Rodeo Drive. Preferably close to a Trader Joe's and Panda Express.
https___images.stockx.com_images_Gucci-x-TNF-Tent-Brown-White.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 26
regarding the "sabotaging career" discussion: I think that is pretty common in many marriages, usually it's because you are scared of what a change of the status quo could mean or that you could lose control over your spouse. In this case this didn't happen because letting Iaon work abroad was something that changed the status quo and meant that Alice had less control over him (probably because she was too certain of having him under full control, as I will explain later it's clear that she wasn't supportive of him there)

However, this doesn't mean that she didn't sabotaged his career during their marriage. Often it's more subtle, they decided his project as a couple often for example (which is fine), so certainly when Ioan (if he ever) decided to take a work that Alice wasnt 100 % onboard with she will have not fully supported him then once he took the job, perhaps even did subtle things to unsettle him. That is actual natural, humans like to be proven right.

Obviously the most obvious example are her not getting her jealously under control. Perhaps not necessarily because she couldn't accept that he was the bigger star, but her wanting him to shut down the fan website and the alleged behavior on set (apparently over being jealous of him and Jessica Alba, which she even confirmed herself) are all things that certainly damaged his career even before she started her smear campaign after the break up. I obviously can't know for sure if any of this was ever intention or her simply being inept to put her childish feelings on the back foot for the man she supposedly loved (just like she is unable to do this nowadays for her kids). I suspect it's more the latter because I'm sure she would have loved Ioan to be a A-lister and live the high life, but for Narcs these things have to happen under their conditions.

I think the fact that Ioan's overacting was the most horrendous in Harrow S2+3 and Liar S2 fits to the idea that Alice was very unsupportive during his time abroad (which happened to be also the time she started to make bigger digs about him online) and tried to sabotage it as much as possible mentally. She herself confirmed that Ioan had nervous breakdowns on calls with her during that time and she pretty much tried to get him to come back from Oz in early 2019 when she threatened suicide on twitter (while in one tweet indirectly even blaming his absence for her breakdown), and a year later she did it by threatening divorce. This is also one way to do it, and again, it may not be even fully intentional, but more subconscious for being angry that he took projects so far away, that also meant that she lost control over him.

Reactions: 32
angry that he took projects so far away, that also meant that she lost control over him
It also meant that he couldn't be the servant, pool boy etc and she had to do some adulting (with Gloria of course).

She was also angry when he didn't get projects, but there is no pleasing a narc.

Reactions: 24
regarding the "sabotaging career" discussion: I think that is pretty common in many marriages, usually it's because you are scared of what a change of the status quo could mean or that you could lose control over your spouse. In this case this didn't happen because letting Iaon work abroad was something that changed the status quo and meant that Alice had less control over him (probably because she was too certain of having him under full control, as I will explain later it's clear that she wasn't supportive of him there)

However, this doesn't mean that she didn't sabotaged his career during their marriage. Often it's more subtle, they decided his project as a couple often for example (which is fine), so certainly when Ioan (if he ever) decided to take a work that Alice wasnt 100 % onboard with she will have not fully supported him then once he took the job, perhaps even did subtle things to unsettle him. That is actual natural, humans like to be proven right.

Obviously the most obvious example are her not getting her jealously under control. Perhaps not necessarily because she couldn't accept that he was the bigger star, but her wanting him to shut down the fan website and the alleged behavior on set (apparently over being jealous of him and Jessica Alba, which she even confirmed herself) are all things that certainly damaged his career even before she started her smear campaign after the break up. I obviously can't know for sure if any of this was ever intention or her simply being inept to put her childish feelings on the back foot for the man she supposedly loved (just like she is unable to do this nowadays for her kids). I suspect it's more the latter because I'm sure she would have loved Ioan to be a A-lister and live the high life, but for Narcs these things have to happen under their conditions.

I think the fact that Ioan's overacting was the most horrendous in Harrow S2+3 and Liar S2 fits to the idea that Alice was very unsupportive during his time abroad (which happened to be also the time she started to make bigger digs about him online) and tried to sabotage it as much as possible mentally. She herself confirmed that Ioan had nervous breakdowns on calls with her during that time and she pretty much tried to get him to come back from Oz in early 2019 when she threatened suicide on twitter (while in one tweet indirectly even blaming his absence for her breakdown), and a year later she did it by threatening divorce. This is also one way to do it, and again, it may not be even fully intentional, but more subconscious for being angry that he took projects so far away, that also meant that she lost control over him.
I think Alice is incredibly emotionally stunted. She seems to have this very young child-like view that the world should be the way she wants it because that's the way she wants it, and very little conception or understanding that that's not actually how the world works. Like she wants Ioan to support her financially in the style she demands, but at the same time does everything she can to smear him publicly, harass his employers and ruin his career - seemingly not computing the fact that if she does ruin his career, he doesn't have a job, then he doesn't have an income, if he doesn't have an income then she doesn't get her spousal or child support payments. So ultimately if she ruined his career she would also be screwing herself and the kids over financially. She's like a toddler throwing tantrums because it feels good in the moment and usually gets her what she wants right then and there, without any insight or awareness of the potential consequences.

All that was to say I believe she totally fucked with Ioan's confidence, his mind and his career, because as much as she wanted him to be famous and for them to be an A-list couple, it had to be on her terms and with her being the most popular and loved out of the two of them. I think she also can't stop herself dragging other people down because she thinks it lifts her up and makes her look better. She's a bully, and she takes pleasure in it, she enjoys making people feel bad about themselves, she thinks it proves how superior she is to everyone else. So yeah, I think she sabotaged him numerous times, and then turned around and abused and berated him for not being successful.

(Sorry if that's a bit all over the place. I'm having 2 separate conversations, cuddling the cat and eating all at once.)

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I voted yes in the poll, Alice will squat just like she did in the La Jolla house. Moo!

• Wow
Reactions: 23
I voted yes in the poll, Alice will squat just like she did in the La Jolla house. Moo!
I'd pay the paps to see her evicted. It wouldn't shame Ioan at this point. He has paid her enough to find appropriate housing. The fact that she hasn't, proves she's not acting in her children's best Interests.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I voted Yes because I think Ioan will keep paying the 10k for a while. I think she will have to be out by the first of the year.

Reactions: 17
I voted yes, (at least for a few months) as the custody hasn't been decided and IG will not want to see his girls homeless or upset, unlike their mother dearest. I expect to see an up tick of Alice sightings in the coming weeks, with or without the girls, especially with the new movie coming out. The article yesterday, was obviously the start of this campaign as it was printed less than 24 hrs after the BB4 trailer came out.

• Angry
Reactions: 28
I voted no because I forgot that IG effectively pays for it and everything else, and that he will probably continue to do so until the end of time (or when the youngest finishes high school, whichever comes soonest)

Of course she’s entitled to whatever is agreed under the Pre-nup. They were married a long time and he will honour his financial commitments to her, whatever they may be (if there’s anything left owing, which is looking highly unlikely from our POV).
I have no problem with her receiving alimony etc IF she’s legally entitled to it (however undeserved we might think it is due to the blatant PA and abusive behavior)

But to not make any real effort to find a job and provide in any other way for your kids (equal financial responsibility), to dig heels in and continue to pretend to be an actress when you clearly aren’t, that’s what the issue is. To live in a BH retirement style apartment, on his coin alone, whilst she has a good 20 yrs working life ahead of her, with a variety of options to earn an income, that’s the rub.
It’s just so mind blowing how lazy she really is. And she knows it. And isn’t ashamed. 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I voted yes she will remain in the apartment but not because Ioan will keep her there as I don’t think he gives AF as much as you think he does. But because Alice is a narc who hides things, such as money and assets. I also don’t think she done selling her family out and although she’s restricted by a RO she still has a right to free speech.
I don’t see Alice just up and leaving that apartment because Ioan doesn’t have to pay her more money than she thinks she deserves.
---

Alices goal right here….

Be as difficult as possible until the other parent is forced to give up and walk away for the sake of the kids.

IMG_2022.jpeg
IMG_2023.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 25

Considering she demonstrated in the last 3 years how little she is able to plan ahead and make any strategic moves, I suspect most of her behaviour was impulsive, if planned then perhaps very short term "ill say this to make him take me there" kind of thing. I also think at some point she accepted not being as big a star as him on screen, but of course only because "she stepped back" to take care of the babieez and she was content to play this ex successful actress turned mother and her husbands muse, advisor, producer, agent and public relations front woman. In her view she was running his career and he probably even followed her advice/ direction (no doubt even there she managed to damage his career but lerhaps not intentionally - she needed him to be a star). But then something happened - hard to tell was the marriage beginning to collapse and he got gradually more free from her influence, or her drinking/ sm addiction etc worsened, or was it few factors at once, but this is when she started going off the rails and being a total train crash - for his career as well as a person

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.