Ali Abdaal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New scam just dropped

40 likes in 1 hour. People just lining up to grab this "course" huh, you could cut through that excitement with a knife.
Days later, the engagement on this tweet is scary low… I wonder how many people are actually going to pay for this.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
He's at 3m subscribers but is making 100k - 300k views on his regular uploads so 10% roughly of his sucribers are watching.

The vlog is making 15k on a good day. That is 2 full time employees making videos that will make a hundred quid if they're good.

Considering he has a huge team around making the videos the numbers do not feel particularly good. He is probably making the money up with his courses and sponsorship deals but it's probably quite worrying for him.

This Tweet thread shows he's been at least thinking about it:

I think there is a greater trend about in that coming out of the pandemic people do not want to be productive. When we were all locked up in our houses all day long not knowing if we'd live or die the next day, every moment counted and you wanted to make the most of things which is why his videos exploded in popularity.

Nowadays people would like to go out and enjoy the world. We don't want to be ultra productive. And that is probably affecting Ali's numbers.

Reactions: 9
Also Mr Ali "Owns three properties" Abdaal telling people to not buy properties is just probably trying to benefit the market for himself.

Landlord telling his audience renting is a good idea? No bleeping tit.

Reactions: 10
Also Mr Ali "Owns three properties" Abdaal telling people to not buy properties is just probably trying to benefit the market for himself.

Landlord telling his audience renting is a good idea? No bleeping tit.
He couldn’t be much more of a bleep if he tried

Reactions: 5
Team retreat day!

Can't believe he doesnt want to be a vegan lol, all the guys he obssesses and fanboys over are all into plant based eating, something huge with tech folk in silicone valley, surprised he isnt jumping on the bandwagon

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Okay, Ali. Let's keep pretending that numbers don't matter to you.

He's at 3m subscribers but is making 100k - 300k views on his regular uploads so 10% roughly of his sucribers are watching.

The vlog is making 15k on a good day. That is 2 full time employees making videos that will make a hundred quid if they're good.

Considering he has a huge team around making the videos the numbers do not feel particularly good. He is probably making the money up with his courses and sponsorship deals but it's probably quite worrying for him.

This Tweet thread shows he's been at least thinking about it:

I think there is a greater trend about in that coming out of the pandemic people do not want to be productive. When we were all locked up in our houses all day long not knowing if we'd live or die the next day, every moment counted and you wanted to make the most of things which is why his videos exploded in popularity.

Nowadays people would like to go out and enjoy the world. We don't want to be ultra productive. And that is probably affecting Ali's numbers.
ah i didnt realize you already posted this. well said. dude is trying to play cool. lol.

he went on contradicting himself in that twitter thread.

• Haha
What annoys me about the "numbers don't matter" mindset he is touting is that it is the opposite of what his channel promotes. I agree, numbers shouldn't matter and we should feel more secure in ourselves. But that is a mindset that only Ali is allowed to have so he can feel better about his channel views. But his audience? They're supposed to continuously strive for productivity, hustle, invest, get great test scores, and be productive constantly.

Totally agree. My bet is he's going to start to transition into commodifying these new ~good vibes~ and upload some ~acknowledging the toxicity of productivity culture~ because that's what will make money as our cultural mindsets change.

Reactions: 2
It's all fake, if he didn't care about numbers he wouldn't continue hiring people constantly and pumping out "courses" and outsourcing his entire life. Also he wouldn't post his repurposed content on every single social media platform that exists. Someone is paid to post, write and distribute all this crap, so clearly he's following some metrics. It doesn't just randomly end up on tiktok, instagram, linkedin, twitter, youtube community, newsletter, blog, creatorpreneur whatever the duck. Someone who is truly good at what they do usually picks one or two platforms and masters it. The clown just spams everyone everywhere with the same crap.

This fucker is trying to gaslight his audience (and maybe himself) with stuff that just isn't true. Other youtubers act like normal people and don't flood the internet with an endless stream of rehashed garbage and they also don't post these long "honest" rants about how they fear falling into irrelevancy. It's nothing more than bait for fanboys to unleash their undying love and support and act as public social proof for people that might not be so deep into this cult. Either that or his numerous friends-for-hire aren't fulfilling the emotional support part of their job.

Reactions: 7

I didn't think there would be anything that Ali would say that would shock me now.
But one of his latest vlogs is just distressing.
He basically says something along the lines "Amber works 5 days a week on the podcast. I'm trying to encourage her to work 3 days. I'm sure she'll get the same stuff done generally without it affecting the podcast quality too much... Pareto principle and Parkinsons law. I want her to live her best life and pursue her singing. So I am encouraging her to go down to 3 days. But it's her choice"
How would you feel if your employer publicly said they want you to reduce your hours? All in your own best interests only of course.
Honestly this is sad.

• Wow
New thread name needs to be something like The Most Productive Ali Abdaal Thread Ever

I like Ali but he really needs to learn about inclusive hiring processes

I do not know why he expects us to take job advice from a man who basically has never had to apply for a job. He's been a doctor for the NHS but as a Cambridge grad that was most likely the easiest process ever. Then he started his own business and his essentially self employed. He might choose who to hire for his business but Ali's amateur businesses hiring practises are not a good model for applying to like every other job ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Ali's amateur businesses hiring practises are not a good model for applying to like every other job ever.
Well he's advocating for free work and bending over backwards to appease the employer like a good slave, while in the real world there's a crisis of labor and people prefer to get money from the state than bother to work. I guess it's telling of what kind of people he hires. They probably are so brainwashed they think this is the career of a lifetime or something. I will never forget the interviews with two of his slaves where they said they'd be willing to work for him for half the pay. Zero bleeping self worth from these people. So many people and so much busywork for such mediocre results.

Also what the hell does a sheltered geek that never had a job know about hiring in an actual company, dealing with nepotism and a soulcrushing incompetent boss that just piles on work and every aspect of a traditional career. Yeah, nothing. In his world "jobs" are just these things that people can choose to have or not while they duck around on their YouTube channels or write stupid newsletters. In his world there's no risk of losing your house or crippling medical bills cause money just flows in from imbeciles who buy a course on how to become a mediocre youtuber or sponsors who wheelbarrow money into your account for a canned recital of how amazing their product is. Then he has the gall to recommend surefire strategies for getting hired by the likes of him. Lol. What an unrelatable joke this guy is, holy crap.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Ali: "No one teaches you how to apply for a job"

Literally I have had lessons in both school and university on how to apply for a job.

Ali: "No one teaches you how to apply for a job"

Literally I have had lessons in both school and university on how to apply for a job.
You lean in secindary school, didnt we all do work experience? And then also uni, he really does say anything

Reactions: 3
Honestly wtf is that video. I am run assessment centres for placement students at companies before and hired a few full time permanent employees also and just like he's bitching about the most basic of stuff

"Don't refer to someone as hiring manager"

There is literally nothing wrong with this it's the most normal and safest thing to do as you don't know who you are emailing!

"Don't use formal language"

Safest thing to do is to use formal language as once again you don't know who the application is going to? Trying to bleeping "match the vibe of the company" what a load of bullshit.

The whole video is how to get a job at Ali Abdaals pathetic company it's not helpful at all for applying to ANY other company.

You lean in secindary school, didnt we all do work experience? And then also uni, he really does say anything
Ali probably didn't have to apply he probably fell into an NHS placement because of his mum or his dad.

Reactions: 6
All you need to contextualize th
Well he's advocating for free work and bending over backwards to appease the employer like a good slave, while in the real world there's a crisis of labor and people prefer to get money from the state than bother to work. I guess it's telling of what kind of people he hires. They probably are so brainwashed they think this is the career of a lifetime or something. I will never forget the interviews with two of his slaves where they said they'd be willing to work for him for half the pay. Zero bleeping self worth from these people. So many people and so much busywork for such mediocre results.
It makes sense when we remember that Ali still worships Elon Musk. Confirmed it again a few days ago. Exploit your workers to create something for you and take all the credit.

1655487022074.png

• Sick
Reactions: 4