Ali Abdaal

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It really proves that job titles mean nothing. How can you be "Head of Social Media" when you're the only person in the business running the social media 😆 Like yes it is correct but it doesn't mean much.
It’s giving me Office vibes 😂

1652824169178.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Why is he thinking about qhat people will say about his books and the reviews and trying to use that to write the book?!?! I dont understand this way of writing a book, people have an idea or a story or something ro share with rhe world and they write. They dont worry about what the reviews will say and imagining what they will be and using that to write your book

Its like he still does not know what to write about

Reactions: 2
Why is he thinking about qhat people will say about his books and the reviews and trying to use that to write the book?!?! I dont understand this way of writing a book, people have an idea or a story or something ro share with rhe world and they write. They dont worry about what the reviews will say and imagining what they will be and using that to write your book

He is not cut out to be an author. Nothing wrong with that fundamentally if someone came to me and asked me to write a book with a nice advance I'd be very tempted to say yes but very quickly would realise it is a huge undertaking and I had nothing to say.

Ali is a vlogger and a podcaster. He thrives in that kind of medium. Why on earth anyone would think he has the ability to write a book is beyond me. It's not like he's famous for writing blogs or articles. The whole fact he's been working on it for over a year now and has got a committee together to write it just shows what the quality is going to be. Props on him for making sure it's well researched presumably but if you need these huge working groups to write it then it seems like it's less "Ali's book" but more "Ali's production commttee book".

The whole exercise in getting YouTubers to write books is just a money making exercise by publishing houses making money.

Reactions: 5
He is not cut out to be an author. Nothing wrong with that fundamentally if someone came to me and asked me to write a book with a nice advance I'd be very tempted to say yes but very quickly would realise it is a huge undertaking and I had nothing to say.

Ali is a vlogger and a podcaster. He thrives in that kind of medium. Why on earth anyone would think he has the ability to write a book is beyond me. It's not like he's famous for writing blogs or articles. The whole fact he's been working on it for over a year now and has got a committee together to write it just shows what the quality is going to be. Props on him for making sure it's well researched presumably but if you need these huge working groups to write it then it seems like it's less "Ali's book" but more "Ali's production commttee book".

The whole exercise in getting YouTubers to write books is just a money making exercise by publishing houses making money.
his book will still better than anything ruby/jade/grace produces
maybe they should have gotten a committee to write their books

Reactions: 1
The bar is so low, and given Jack Edwards is his research assistant for the book…well I’m not expecting much 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
He is really trying to push this stupid Creatorpreneur word as much as he can huh?

It does not even come off the tongue nicely.

Reactions: 1
He is really trying to push this stupid Creatorpreneur word as much as he can huh?

It does not even come off the tongue nicely.
Something called "Creativepreneur" already exists. I guess he is trying to make a varied version of describing him. Must say, it's a bit cringe. just say creator/entrepreneur!

The bar is so low, and given Jack Edwards is his research assistant for the book…well I’m not expecting much 😅
Coupled with the fact that there are many productivity books out there. So, unless he comes up with something like the GTD concept like David Allen, I don't think it's much of a value.

Exactly. He has nothing to say and no reason to write a book. He is only doing this because he wants to be able to check all of the boxes of what makes someone "successful," especially in his hyper-productivity circle. We know what he's aiming for is getting a #1 New York Times Best Seller list. Then that gives him more standing to come up with more videos and sell more content relating to his success: "How I became a #1 NYT Best Selling Author", "Master Class: Best Selling Author Series", "Part-Time Writer Academy: Writing a Book When You Don't Have Anything to Say."

He's a "visionary" because he comes up with ideas of ways to make more money or be seen as conventionally successful. Then he pushes the work onto everyone else. But we know that he is going to be the only name in the author slot. Everyone else will get acknowledgment slots.

If the point of being productive is to push out more waste into the world, then no thank you! I'll stay home and relax with my cats watching anime at 1X speed after a long day of work.

Reactions: 3
He's a "visionary" because he comes up with ideas of ways to make more money or be seen as conventionally successful. Then he pushes the work onto everyone else. But we know that he is going to be the only name in the author slot. Everyone else will get acknowledgment slots.
Damn this is really just cutting straight through to the bullshit of Ali.

He goes into medicine so he can be seen as prestigious and successful. Builds a following off that which gives him a YouTube channel with a following as a medical student. Builds a business out of his YouTube channel, so now he's a successful businessman and he can drop the Doctor branding. Now he's putting his foot into new areas - he'll either be a successful tech investor through his angel investments, or a successful author so he can start selling more stuff like that. He really is just doing this all for the prestige and money or to build up to the next money making scheme.

It's so annoying he's doing content with James Hoffman

1. Because James Hoffman is a genuinely great YouTuber
2. He's getting a load of free stuff from James Hoffman
3. He's been into cofee before and went back to Instant coffee

As a coffee snob and James Hoffman watcher it is annoying :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Hoffman isn't the first and won't be the last YouTuber who:
1. Is wearing rose tinted glasses and actually believes this clown is an interesting, genuine person.
2. Knows the clown is a clown and is just using him for clout.

The entire youtuber/influencer gig is a huge circle jerk of people faking friendships and fellating each other in public for clout and leeching followers.

Reactions: 4
OMG, Sheen must be the girl he is dating, how is she staying over his place and she is there when he is waking up? In her podcast video he said I'll cook for you, she came back for his birthday, and now shes waking up in his house during her birthday not sure if it was before or after her birthday. What girl would except that from her boyfriend?

Dont think any girlfriend would allow another girl waking up at her boyfriends place and him cooking for another girl and spending that much time with her

OMG, Sheen must be the girl he is dating, how is she staying over his place and she is there when he is waking up? In her podcast video he said I'll cook for you, she came back for his birthday, and now shes waking up in his house during her birthday not sure if it was before or after her birthday. What girl would except that from her boyfriend?

Dont think any girlfriend would allow another girl waking up at her boyfriends place and him cooking for another girl and spending that much time with her
I dunno, they lived together. He doesn’t seem to have stable friendships let alone relationships. I’d bet she just was back in London for whatever and they hung out

I dunno, they lived together. He doesn’t seem to have stable friendships let alone relationships. I’d bet she just was back in London for whatever and they hung out
Dunno, I mean he even went to her graduation. We all have had housemates/flatmates but are people this close with each other?

Some Izzy sealey girl from his course is his gf, not sheen. She dipped her toes into the same crap topics on her YouTube channel then realized it's higher ROI to just date the clown himself. Decent looking girl too, although I can't imagine what conversations these two have in the 10% of the time Ali allots her. Guess there's someone for everyone. The weird part of all of this is that Ali lives with his brothers gf. The living arrangements these people get into are just mind boggling.

Some Izzy sealey girl from his course is his gf, not sheen. She dipped her toes into the same crap topics on her YouTube channel then realized it's higher ROI to just date the clown himself. Decent looking girl too, although I can't imagine what conversations these two have in the 10% of the time Ali allots her. Guess there's someone for everyone. The weird part of all of this is that Ali lives with his brothers gf. The living arrangements these people get into are just mind boggling.
Oh my!! This is the one that was in his vlog last week I think?

Oh my!! This is the one that was in his vlog last week I think?
Yeah, looks like the great guru recruits from the pool of dimwits that idolise him. Easy pickings rather than going out into the world and having to deal with women to whom you're just an awkward geek. Guess those Harry Potter quotes finally worked their magic on someone. Feel bad for her but then again any woman who chooses to let the clown put his frail little fingers on her deserves what she gets.

She is stunning but looks boring as a brick. Wonder when she will quit medicine to go work in his "business".

The weird part of all of this is that Ali lives with his brothers gf. The living arrangements these people get into are just mind boggling.
That's so weird what a strange arrangement. If they were housemates before and then his brother dates her then fair enough but to move in with you bfs brother is just very odd.