Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
So not only is the swimming pool still out, the inflatables are still out. Now that is taking the piss with laziness. How they haven’t put them away is beyond a joke. Even for these two lazy lumps. Something also doesn’t look right with the corner of the pool, which probably means it is damaged and will inevitably be replaced this summer.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

disneys

VIP Member
I’m disappointed in ImAllexx because he does a podcast with Jaackmaate and I was expecting more from him tbh. I thought he wouldn’t back down but he back-pedalled SO HARD. He needs to sit down with Jack and hash it out because now these 2 and True Geordie have failed.

Gigglez

I’m not even half way through the new vlog and I’ve just stopped watching because I’m so annoyed because of the part where he was saying someone was filming him... HE LITERALLY FILMS PEOPLE WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT EVERY VIDEO HE PUTS UP!!!
At a restaurant strangers are in his vlog, at the pier, on the streets of Brighton or London...
people SHOULD film him to make him uncomfortable because that is LITERALLY what he is doing.
I can’t even watch the rest of this vlog.
Alfie Deyes, please FUCK OFF

cherry198

VIP Member
riveting content. 10/10 alf my man.

View attachment 7022
Everyone always says how if Alfie wasn't with Zoe he'd be off travelling the world and that shes holding him back but he's just the same as her although nowhere near as bad.He lasted all of 2 minutes in London before crawling back to Brighton and his parents. Alfies all talk,like none of his ideas ever materialise.

BOABKP

I really don’t get his issue with these ads/gifted?...he gets so passive aggressive about it and it doesn’t make sense. You have an obligation to disclose that connection. Why does this piss him off so much? No one else seems to see the big issue in it, and if they do they’re wisely keeping their opinions on it off of the internet.

Alightened

VIP Member
I don’t really post in Zoe/Alfie threads, I’m an occasional viewer, don’t really love them but I’m not really hate watching either. I mostly watch when Joe is in their videos.

Anyways, I don’t really get the big deal over the calendar or £1 challenge. I know a lot of people don’t like them for plenty of reasons, and are probably glad to see them get backlash, fair enough. But is there actual legitimate reasons they got dragged so hard? Or is it just their popularity and people loving to hate them?

As far as I know, Zoe didn’t have control over the pricing, and probably had to pick between different items to put in the calendar (as in, it wasn’t her idea for the glitter but someone told her “you can have glitter or a tiny thing of bubbles, which do you want?”) so she was involved a little but not totally her idea from top to bottom.

With the £1 Challenge (I watched it, but don’t remember it lol) people were mad that he used things like water from his kitchen sink? So wasn’t technically one pound? I mean, I just saw it as a fun challenge. Seeing if he could get around and find food with only a pound. I think some people took it way more offensively than they needed to, and he’s one out of a million other YouTubers that did the same thing. Sure, some did it more realistically and were making a video focused on poverty. But Alfie wasn’t?

No hate or shade to anyone here, I don’t care if people hate them lol and I’m not trying to sound like a defensive fan girl. I’d honestly just like some info on all this because both topics come up a lot with them.
Then you are very deluded. They are both millionaires. They do have a voice. They can back out quite easily if they think that what they are doing is not palatable to their fans. They are greedy, stupid and uncaring. So I'm sorry, but I totally disagree?

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Is it The Brits tonight? No idea & can't be arsed to check. He's going to that without Zoe of course. Hectic for the poor lamb.
Alfie might actually be one of the more famous z-listers heading to The Brits tonight. I think there are even rejects from The Voice going and all sorts. Desperate to fill the huge O2 ARENA. They didn’t realise Alfie’s head, teeth, and ego can probably manage that on his own.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

cuzisayso

In Nando’s... wishful thinking [emoji27] That’s their living room and the takeaway boxes are in the corner.... they always sit on the floor and eat at the coffee table which is just absurd!
That’s cause there isn’t a huge tv in their dining area .............
these two can’t spend time together in silent were they might have to....... TALK.... oh the horror!
They need the tv on while they eat cause they don’t have shit to say to each other

I mean these were the same people that went to Dubai and had the most romantic setting.. a dinner during sunset/evening on the beach!!!! And they brought a card game.....
That says it all.

• Haha

sitesorestrictive

The advent calendar thing. Zoe seemed like she used the not having pricing control as an excuse, she didn’t seem overly sorry. And she just went AWOL instead. But for someone who always says she is really involved in her products, for her to sudddenly not be doesn’t add up to me.

Alfie’s £1 challenge. He described his glass of tap water as an empty glass of water because normally he drinks water from his filter machine. He also went on a shopping spree for other stuff at the same time, so not living on £1 and really jarred with the whole point of the video. And he also got a massive box of Krispy Kreme donuts for free by going I’m Alife Deyes can I have some freebies. The whole tone of the video was really wrong.
Not to mention his personal trainer session, going to MnS with his girlfriends card, him googling "free food in Brighton," and whinging that Brighton is expensive and it'd be easier in other places.

And for Zoe, she is a lying piece of shit. A company selling a product doesn't just make up a price. They use the MSRP which litcherally stands for manufacture suggested retail price a la Zoe "scamming piece of shit" Sugg.

Yel

Chatty Member
It just gets better every time I read it.
It really does! Poor deluded Alfie genuinely thinks his followers are young adults that read the Guardian when almost all the comments are taking the piss out of him.

YouTubers are the Milli Vanilli of our time

Not being funny, but all i see are the YouTube equivalents of Barry Scott. He’s paid to shill crap to children, and that’s all they do. They don’t ‘create content’, they peddle commercial tripe to the susceptible and the gullible.

Is "Youtube star" a new euphemism for failed actor?
Am asking in all sincerity.

"I’ll still be a YouTuber when I’m 40"
That's in 15 years. That's like me saying in 2004 that I will always be a myspace blogger. I'd look like a right dinosaur today.

Fair enough. I thought I'd give it go. I just watched some of his "content" and managed 55 seconds before I became bored/enraged. Evidently not for me.
+
Wow. Were you tied down with your eyelids held open with toothpicks? I barely made it past the intro into the vapid black hole of the "content".

I don’t mind some youtubers (and no I am not his target audience) but he really does come over as one of the more arrogant, vapid ones when i’ve seen any of his output and this interview doesn’t do a lot to dispel that image. (Like, literally)

Why does he talk like a 20 yr old valley girl from California? The word 'like' is not a preposition.
"Instead of every day, he’ll make just a couple a week. He’s also getting into longer-form content. "
Well, duh. Youtube changed its algorithm not long ago to prioritize longer videos over shorter ones, so the 'influencers' have had to adapt. Having read the article, I'm still not sure what he does, it just sounds like he promotes brands.

One of the more banal articles I have read.
Fair play to him though, he is young, good looking and rich.
I would rather staple my balls to my thigh that watch one of his videos though.

"What about the influencers’ influence? Once children dreamed of being astronauts, ballet dancers, pop stars and footballers; now they want to be vloggers and YouTubers, if they aren’t already. “Isn’t that insane,” he says. “It makes me definitely proud""
He thinks that is a good thing? Jesus wept...

I'm not the wiser about this individual at the end of reading this that the start. I don't mean I don't understand what he does (I do) but I have no better sense of him as a person at the end that the start.

"His teeth are so perfect, I try not to stare."
The pictures in the piece are of another person then the text is about? Or is the writer easily impressed?

As if we needed reminding the direction the handcart is heading.

Anyone who employs Dayes as an influencer is out of touch with their marketing portfolio. His time has been and gone. The 12-20 year olds have moved on. And the people his age are too busy trying to get ahead to watch a show pony / got it all. Subscriber numbers mean nothing a lot of past tense you tubers only get 10% of their subscribers actually checking in and of those how many actually find him and his like aspirational?

His subscriber numbers have dropped off a cliff. I can’t imagine anyone who is a huge fan suddenly thinking ‘i’ll buy an Audi’, (he’s only 25, most of his fans are probably quite a bit younger) nor can I imagine a non-fan seeing a promotion featuring him and being swayed. I don’t think Audi have got that one righ

This guy is losing about 1500 subscribers a day across his channels and views are flat-lining.
365 x 1500 = 547,500 ish per year.
He is 40 in 15 years .. 547,500 x 15 = 8,212,500 lost subscribers.... In the VERY unlikely event he manages to keep his losses down to 1500 a day over the next 15 years (who is going to be watching a middle aged bloke who has never done a hard day of work in his life vlogging about his new Audi in 2034?).
Real life has never even occurred to this guy.

Ugh... Every time I come across a YouTube 'celebrity' I despair.
This one is no different.

Alfie Deyes - the man who complained about his local newspaper printing his address by tweeting a photo of the article to the world....

Seriously, this a spectacular example of how superficiality and the like ticks have taken over the world. It does not bode well for the future that people flock to devour the inane details of a 25 yr old and his life in which he has done nothing other than peddle those details.

And my fave

This guy is literally very boring.

• Haha
  • Heart

leigh213

VIP Member
Thanks for recapping that vlog, to all who made different points about it. I couldn't make it past the endless deyes of ADD intro he had going. He was talking about rain all week going " Rain Monday, rain Tuesday, rain Wednesday, rain Thursday" FFS Alfie, just say it's gonna rain all week dammit.

Then about the ppl in Brighton crossing the road more, that derailed him from whatever he was saying because each time someone crossed " oop, there goes another, SECOND PERSON JUST CROSSED". Jesus get a camera and put it up in the local spot and we'd watch it if we wanted a play by play on what mundane thing everyone in Brighton's doing.

Edited because I had to add: WHO the hell told him drinking two lemons with ice a day was healthy even though he looks like he's about to launch to outer space with that face on not to mention he has ACID REFLUX so please tell me what's with the LETHAL amounts of citrus. He's such a buffoon. Lemon in water and in warm water esp has been proven to be healthy but where tf did he get this cockamamie thing.

Also the backflip is back. I'm convinced the neighbors ( if anyone has a good enough view) have literally seen him crouch down to talk to the camera, and then film himself once or twice and then get off. If I lived near them it'd be Rear Window all day wondering what the hell they get up to. I'd ruin my stomach with all the popcorn, but I could probably just laugh it loose.

Last edited:
  • Haha

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
He still hasn’t posted a link to the article on any of his socials that I can see. Now he has had chance to read the article, he can see it doesn’t make him or Joe Sugg’s sister look good. And he can keep quiet about it now.

• Haha

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I don’t really post in Zoe/Alfie threads, I’m an occasional viewer, don’t really love them but I’m not really hate watching either. I mostly watch when Joe is in their videos.

Anyways, I don’t really get the big deal over the calendar or £1 challenge. I know a lot of people don’t like them for plenty of reasons, and are probably glad to see them get backlash, fair enough. But is there actual legitimate reasons they got dragged so hard? Or is it just their popularity and people loving to hate them?

As far as I know, Zoe didn’t have control over the pricing, and probably had to pick between different items to put in the calendar (as in, it wasn’t her idea for the glitter but someone told her “you can have glitter or a tiny thing of bubbles, which do you want?”) so she was involved a little but not totally her idea from top to bottom.

With the £1 Challenge (I watched it, but don’t remember it lol) people were mad that he used things like water from his kitchen sink? So wasn’t technically one pound? I mean, I just saw it as a fun challenge. Seeing if he could get around and find food with only a pound. I think some people took it way more offensively than they needed to, and he’s one out of a million other YouTubers that did the same thing. Sure, some did it more realistically and were making a video focused on poverty. But Alfie wasn’t?

No hate or shade to anyone here, I don’t care if people hate them lol and I’m not trying to sound like a defensive fan girl. I’d honestly just like some info on all this because both topics come up a lot with them.
The advent calendar thing. Zoe seemed like she used the not having pricing control as an excuse, she didn’t seem overly sorry. And she just went AWOL instead. But for someone who always says she is really involved in her products, for her to sudddenly not be doesn’t add up to me.

Alfie’s £1 challenge. He described his glass of tap water as an empty glass of water because normally he drinks water from his filter machine. He also went on a shopping spree for other stuff at the same time, so not living on £1 and really jarred with the whole point of the video. And he also got a massive box of Krispy Kreme donuts for free by going I’m Alife Deyes can I have some freebies. The whole tone of the video was really wrong.

thenomad

VIP Member
Alfie is such a bully. I find it discomforting how he treats his friends and loved ones. Anytime I see him being blatantly rude or picking on someone, I am rolling my eyes non-stop.

He thinks he’s such a big shot and a well-known YT-er/influencer when in reality all he is known for is being Zoe’s bf and that’s not even a title that carries weight anymore. Zoe is irrelevant in the YT and influencer sphere. Her Zoella products don’t sell out and she hasn’t been in the top ten list related to YT and social media for several years now. That ship has long sailed so I don’t get why Alfie is on this high horse of thinking he can treat people like crap and film it thinking it’s licherally savage. It’s not. He’s the poster child of what a manchild is.

If he’s so keen on seeing someone have their hair badly shaved, getting ears pierced, or getting a full face of makeup done at MAC then do it yourself. Don’t take the piss out on others for your amusement you self-entitled, narcissistic waste of space.

I mean who brags about working so hard but consistently has nothing to show for it year after year? Or when your gf posts on her IG stories that her bf spends HOURS scrolling through memes or buys stupid shit that hardly anyone would be interested in. Like that ball to strengthen his wrists to improve his rock climbing.... His logic and reasoning skills are really something. ?

Reactions: 13

Gigglez

Those two are the most eco unfriendly people I know. They more than likely don't use their re cycling bin at all, they'll just chuck it away without a thought of what's happening to it. They must have so much bloody cardboard from all the bloody takeaways they eat, but I bet any money they don't give a shite what happens to it. Totally deluded people with no interest at all about caring for the planet????????
Oh but Alfie has a reusable coffee cup remember? That negates any environmental issues the world has! ?

I absolutely agree with you. Pisses me off too!

• Haha
Reactions: 13