Alexandratealeaf

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I decided to see what her routine was for a newborn as Baby Parsley is nearly 2 weeks old and when I saw her reel for it it made me feel like tit. We try and have a vague routine for him based on every 3 hours but some days he just does his own thing and gets hungry whenever because funnily enough he’s a baby not a robot. Also Baby Parsley doesn’t stay awake for 1.5 hours which is what her newborn routine seems to expect babies to do? I thought her content might be helpful now but she seems to live in an idealised world where babies come fresh out the womb to a regimented schedule.

I decided to see what her routine was for a newborn as Baby Parsley is nearly 2 weeks old and when I saw her reel for it it made me feel like tit. We try and have a vague routine for him based on every 3 hours but some days he just does his own thing and gets hungry whenever because funnily enough he’s a baby not a robot. Also Baby Parsley doesn’t stay awake for 1.5 hours which is what her newborn routine seems to expect babies to do? I thought her content might be helpful now but she seems to live in an idealised world where babies come fresh out the womb to a regimented schedule.
Best thing I did when my boy was a newborn was to ditch any inkling of an idea of having a routine or following apps etc.

I don’t believe that any of these influencers actually stick by these routines anyway! It’s a crock of tit and every baby is different and has different needs.

Reactions: 1
Yeah newborn routines frankly don’t exist, my son was 6 months before we got into one

The thing about routines is it’s all so reliant on the context.

It’s all dependent on the temperament and character of your baby, their health (diagnosed and undiagnosed issues), your home, your health, your support network (or not), your experience.

She is in a huge position of privilege on pretty much every front.

Reactions: 2
The thing about routines is it’s all so reliant on the context.

It’s all dependent on the temperament and character of your baby, their health (diagnosed and undiagnosed issues), your home, your health, your support network (or not), your experience.

She is in a huge position of privilege on pretty much every front.
I unfollowed her sometime last year but from what I’ve seen when I’ve dipped back her baby seems to be a fairly “easy baby” so it does seem ridiculous that she’s preaching these routines. Just because she managed it with her baby doesn’t mean that everyone else is going to be able to.

She’s so condescending in the comments too whenever people comment on the routine videos with anything that’s not glowing praise or “I’m going to try this” etc.

Reactions: 3
Ugh, she's fricking horrid. Her stories yesterday talking about birth stories and how she'll never share hers and she doesn't understand why so many people do as it's tmi and also it's Harry's medical history that's not hers to share - as though she's sooo superior. You literally use your kid to make money same as all the other mum influencers - you are not superior to anyone. duck off you horrid judgemental snob.

don't get me started on the routine stuff. I have 2 babies - one is 5 months the other is 17 months and no day is the same As far as their sleep is concerned and has never been. No idea what time either of them will nap each day. I tried to get a schedule but it drove me insane. And guess what, it's fine.

Reactions: 9
Also a birth story is not TMI, but her stance tells me she didn’t get one she wanted imo.

I had a traumatic first birth and incredible second birth and I’ve been happy to share my “story” with people when they’ve asked because I do think it can help expecting mothers get their expectations in check sometimes. My own mother’s birth story served as serious motivation for me too. So I honestly think if she’d had a ✨dreamy✨ positive ✨ perfect✨ according to plan ✨ birth, she’d share it to let us all, who’ve experienced traumatic births, know how tit we were at it 😉

Reactions: 2