Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Fifah1907

VIP Member
Where I am from, nannying is a temporary job for young women taking a year off before or after university. Obviously, there is nothing wrong with working in childcare. But the only people I know of who would nanny for an extended period of time are low-income and uneducated, very low social status.

Students who want to work with children go into teaching, medicine, therapy, etc. And upper class ones just study something they find personally interesting (art, music, history, literature) until it is time to have their own children.

I cannot fathom a young woman giving up her best learning years to take classes in changing nappies and doing free babysitting on “placements” with rich brats.

Alex likes to present herself as higher class and social status. Household staff are servants. And even worse that these Norland snobs only want to work with wealthy children. She also seems to have the delusion that these wealthy families want her input on how to raise their children. Household staff generally need to do what they are told, when they are told, and do it without question. Less-privileged families could actually get some benefit from a Norland nanny’s schooling. But working with poor people would not fit in with the lifestyle they pretend to be part of.

Does Alex having a learning disability or something and that is why she did not pursue a real education?

That last sentence/question is quite…..something 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 9

graceanatomy

Chatty Member
Ugh, she's fricking horrid. Her stories yesterday talking about birth stories and how she'll never share hers and she doesn't understand why so many people do as it's tmi and also it's Harry's medical history that's not hers to share - as though she's sooo superior. You literally use your kid to make money same as all the other mum influencers - you are not superior to anyone. Fuck off you horrid judgemental snob.

don't get me started on the routine stuff. I have 2 babies - one is 5 months the other is 17 months and no day is the same As far as their sleep is concerned and has never been. No idea what time either of them will nap each day. I tried to get a schedule but it drove me insane. And guess what, it's fine.

em69

VIP Member
But what do they do when they want their own families? How do they keep up the appearance of this lifestyle when they marry a working class man and give up their own career? Hopefully Alex gets sponsorship money.
Really think you need to just be quiet. Stop digging this strange hole 🕳

rosenbug14

Anyone else think it slightly odd they did a photo shoot on their honeymoon for her page? Just enjoy your trip!

sierraecho

Hello I am brand new here and I wanted to join just to bring my Alex tea.
At some point in summer she visited Scotland (ngl, I'm a Scottish flight attendant and I'd gotten quite pissed off at the amount of English people using Scotland are their little getaway by this point) and she posted somethinga bout the "english" weather. I dithered over it for a while but eventually sent her a message saying "hey, just a heads up, Scottish people get quite offended at being referred to as English! We're British but not English" and she was PISSED. She was like "well this is a kind first message to send me, thanks for your love and compassion, so friendly". So I just dropped my niceness and was essentially like "well hun, I was being nice about it but if you're going to be a bitch then maybe you could take some time to learn about the history of Scotland in all these castles you're visiting so you know why it's incredibly offensive to us to call us English" and her response was "have a nice day". Honestly it made me absolutely furious. I'd seen her being standoffish in stories and stuff and was trying to tell myself she was just a strong woman and I like Jordan so I'm sure she's fine but nah fuck her, she's a cow who thinks she's better than everyone.

• Angry
  • Wow
I just find it really cringe and beggy, she’s gonna be contacting them all for stuff. She’s going to be unbearable; the wedding and holidays were enough
THIS! She is intolerable, let’s say I have first hand experience of this little lady and she is on the constant beg. She wanted a wedding dress in exchange for posts and her budget was £800, which is fine but the shop retails gowns from £1500, that’s why the wedding was suspiciously changed last minute because she thought she could beg her way through most of the costs.

clsocial

I've been out of the Tealeaf game for like 4 months and I see she's fully morphed into a "mummy blogger" now she realised how profitable it is. I remember in the beginning she was hesitant to show her baby now he's plastered everywhere. Poor wee thing. At least she's found the bloody "niche" she wouldn't shut up about.
her niche is being a condescending arsehole

• Haha

CoraSP

Chatty Member
Most definitely 🤣
Jordan still looks like the more mature out of the two of them regardless of this extra strop from Alex.

Also ENJOY YOIR HUSBAND AND YOUR MINIMOON. sharing all these stories of it is just sad, it's not a press trip, sharing isn't compulsory.

Also why was she on Instagram watching stories on her wedding day 🤪

Reactions: 8

em69

VIP Member
English is my second language so maybe I did not express myself well. I see no issue with childcare as a career. I am confused about someone giving up their university years to do it. I am from an Asian culture where this would not be acceptable. It would make sense to me if she A. did not qualify for university or B. could not afford it. But I learned that Norland is more expensive than university, leaving option A.
Even if English isn't your first language surely you know that asking if someone has a learning disability because of a certain career is just wrong? That's not an excuse.

Loads of people don't go to university and have very good careers and salaries. And not everyone wants to go to university, honestly I found it was waste of time and money. I could have fast tracked to where I am now years ago without going.

sierraecho

I know she is pregnant but who is supposed to know that in that huge coat? She’s only 13 weeks.
Yeah, not gonna lie I wouldn’t move if I saw her either cause I’m not looking at the pin of everyone who comes on board. Also I know she still has the odd symptoms like nausea but if she’s still able to commute like 2 hours a day then why is it such a drama to go sit at the back of the bus? Come back to me when your whole body is aching. Also if it bothers you that much bloody ask the people in the priority seats. People with hidden disabilities do and it’s fine. Always the bloody drama.
I’m also annoyed at her for making fun of the name Ruaridh (which isn’t pronounced Rory like the question-asker and their partner seems to think, it’s pronounced roo-ree) cause it’s a very common Scottish name and my name is spelled similarly. Very rude. Other cultures exist, Alex!

sierraecho

Didn’t they spend 3000 on a trip to the Amalfi coast and then also went to Mauritius for their honeymoon? What a load of crap 😂 💩
View attachment 1846494
Sorry I was fucking DYING reading this! Anyone who owns a flat in London is not living in a “modest” flat. My best friend lives round the corner from her and it is a fucking nice area, piss right off. She is a fanny. Also “no designer items”. Babe. Selkie is still a designer. You have an anthro gleaming primrose mirror cause a maison du Monde didn’t quite cut it. Shove it right up your arse.

xits_jjx

VIP Member
The thing that gets me about influencers begging, there’s access to freebies when you’re pregnant without taking from brands. I redeemed Emma’s Diary packages during my pregnancy and after baby was born I got sent a care package too which contained nappies, vouchers, pads, a dummy & a mam bottle (idk if it’s regional based though), but my point stands: it’s not like there’s no services available for a freebie to help her if she’s not able to afford (which I also doubt is the case).

The fact that she’s already trying to monetise her child is sickening too. I have a hatred of mummy-bloggers as it is because they all portray an unrealistic image of first time parenting/parenting overall and profit off non-consenting children, I can imagine Alex will be the “perfect parent” and will bring up her nannying experience at every given chance.

CoraSP

Chatty Member
Can guarantee that if she is pregnant she'll turn into a full blown parenting/pregnancy influencer and the main pull will be her being an official Norland Nanny. Urghhhhh

• Haha

CoraSP

Chatty Member
It does make me chuckle that the view from her 'modest flat (with a doorman and so on)' overlooks a Lidl supermarket

• Haha

secretsally345

And then trying to guilt people into liking her shit adverts so she can provide for her family? Get a full time proper job (or create better content!)

CoraSP

Chatty Member
It’s so sly she keeps posting old Halloween pictures she took with Jordan and tries to take full credit for them
And being all "let's keep apple picking simple" whilst showing the elaborate set up from a couple of years ago as a comparison.... Then posting a ridiculously posed and OTT set up of the hocus pocus witches in the next breath.

Come on Alex, pick a lane.

Guarantee when baby-tealeaf arrives she'll be doing cutsey staged photo shoots and stuffing it in a pumpkin at halloween

Reactions: 7

jolly_parsley

Chatty Member
It really wasn't that unique Alex.
I've been to two weddings in the past year that could definitely be classed as 'unique'. Not sure what she thinks makes hers so unique?

Married in a hotel event room with a small group of guests, then the party/reception at a friend's (parents) house with photos at the beach. All lovely and very nice but not unique, apart from the fact you can see the outline of her legs through her dress 🙃
For the grid post she also said it was the most intimate wedding. I’m fairly certain elopements are a bit more intimate than a wedding and party with your family and friends. Also after Covid a smaller wedding is becoming more popular (from what I’ve seen online anyway). Why is she trying to be all “Not like other girls” about her wedding?! So weird.

Reactions: 7