Alex Turner - Arctic Monkeys

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

This video is too good not to share.

Such a weird performance last night. I actually don't mind some of the newer stuff, I understand the need for musicians to evolve. However if you're performing the 'classics' don't play it in the 'new style'. Sing it the way in which made them a hit in the first place.

505 was a disgrace.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I think the folk there seemed to be loving it which is the main thing. I loved it from my couch. It’s different but things change.

Reactions: 4
I’ve not seen the glasto set yet, but could he have been forced to adapt the songs due to the remnants of laryngitis?
I saw them at the emirates and was a bit wary beforehand because of some of the feedback I’d seen on other gigs online.
But I absolutely loved it and maybe I was lucky with the crowd on the night I went, but certainly the people around me were singing and dancing along to the old and the new stuff.

Reactions: 2
I went to a concert outside the UK and I think they did more this style vs what they did at UK gigs. I wasn’t a fan of the new stuff before but the concert really sold it to me tbh, I’ve been listening to the new albums loads. Maybe comes across better live than on screen.

Reactions: 1
I think the folk there seemed to be loving it which is the main thing. I loved it from my couch. It’s different but things change.
that’s it he’s changed….well they all have. I’ve said before I’ve known them for years through my husband. I say they’ve changed but it’s not in bad way at all. Also when you’ve been singing the same songs in the same styles for years it grows boring for them doing it. I personally just love how he’s grown into a fantastic front man!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve not seen the glasto set yet, but could he have been forced to adapt the songs due to the remnants of laryngitis?
I saw them at the emirates and was a bit wary beforehand because of some of the feedback I’d seen on other gigs online.
But I absolutely loved it and maybe I was lucky with the crowd on the night I went, but certainly the people around me were singing and dancing along to the old and the new stuff.
I’ve seen plenty of people say that it was nothing different from when they saw them live a few weeks ago. I know people here have been to see them so I expect someone will confirm or deny whether that was really the case

I didn’t bother tuning in because the videos from their tour of the slowed down classics and random timing put me off slightly and I don’t care much for their new stuff. But given all that I’m not surprised to see negative reviews

I'm seeing them tomorrow and I really don't want to now 😞 I was avoiding the videos online of the other dates so I didn't have any spoilers but I watched the Glastonbury set and it was bleeping awful.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I’ve seen plenty of people say that it was nothing different from when they saw them live a few weeks ago. I know people here have been to see them so I expect someone will confirm or deny whether that was really the case

I didn’t bother tuning in because the videos from their tour of the slowed down classics and random timing put me off slightly and I don’t care much for their new stuff. But given all that I’m not surprised to see negative reviews
I was at the emirates last week and it was really good. They did the old ones in old style and new as new. Which is what you want.

The crowd round me erupted for the old ones and sat down chatting through the new ones.

It was good though

Reactions: 3
I thought there was a good mix of old and new in last night’s set. Surprised it’s not going down well.

I think it’s a shame people are slagging them off. They’ve sang like this for a while now and it’s how they are 🤷🏻‍♀️ yeah they’ve changed their sound from their old songs but it is what it is and it’s been this way a while. Seen them on their European tour and in Manchester and loved them both times (as well as many years ago).

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Saw them in Manchester and they were great thought they weren’t great last night!

I'm seeing them tomorrow and I really don't want to now 😞 I was avoiding the videos online of the other dates so I didn't have any spoilers but I watched the Glastonbury set and it was bleeping awful.
I’m going to watch the set later but please don’t be put off, they were great when I saw them in Manchester. My only problem was that the crowd were tit and barely sang to any songs other than AM but that’s not gonna happen in Glasgow!

I’m going to watch the set later but please don’t be put off, they were great when I saw them in Manchester. My only problem was that the crowd were tit and barely sang to any songs other than AM but that’s not gonna happen in Glasgow!
I had this issue at Reading, the crowd went silent with the new ones, saw them last weekend and people were cheering for the new ones I was so surprised!

Saw them a few weeks ago at Middlesbrough, I enjoyed bc I like both their old and new stuff. But, the crowd around me literally only knew the words to two songs & I just can’t get behind that version of 505. I’d rather they do something from the new album (big ideas, hello you, etc) than 505 like that. Alex barely said two words but didn't really matter.

Obviously at their own gigs it’s totally up to them what they do, but I feel like at a festival you’ve got to make a bit of effort to engage the crowd & adapt slightly. Saw James at a festival last year, and they were literally like I can tell no one knows our songs, so we’re going to change & do some of our anthems (not said in a moody way). If anyone watched Courteeners set, Liam was great at interacting with the crowd & even did a cover for everyone. Although they obvs aren’t on the level of AM.

Does anyone reckon he’ll do any last shadow puppets stuff soon, I’d love to see them 😭 I feel like he might be done for touring for a bit though

• Heart
Does anyone reckon he’ll do any last shadow puppets stuff soon, I’d love to see them 😭 I feel like he might be done for touring for a bit though
i would love that. the second last shadow puppets album is one of my favourite things he’s ever done (and i will maintain that sweet dreams tn is one of the best songs he’s ever written).

i think it will be a while though :( i know he and miles both said they liked the 8(?) year gap between the first two albums so it will probably be around that much again. i’ll see you when they tour though 🤣😉

• Heart
I saw the Arctic Monkeys live before they released WPSIATWIN and when they first headlined Glastonbury. I love their older stuff and don't know the newer stuff so well.

I agree with some of the comments on here that at a festival people aren't hard-core fans and want the hits. Very disappointed they didn't play Scummy or Fake Tales as they are the two song that made me fall in love with the band.

Reactions: 1