Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Spidey2020

I don’t know if that link worked.

I was disappointed but I’m one of those people who would only know the old stuff. If the affected lounge singer thing is some sort of joke on his part I think it is a bit insulting to the people who put them there in the first place and just want to hear the songs that bounced around to on a sticky floor at Bulletproof in 2007.

He’s riding on the coattails of those albums none of the more recent stuff would have got him here. Save the self indulgence for your tour but give Glastonbury what you were paid to do.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

mee43

VIP Member
She seems unbearable! And completely self obsessed.
I really hope they make Glastonbury. Saw them in London and thought they were fantastic.

greenvelvet

VIP Member
This still from Love Corail video (which Alex is featured in!) and was posted months before Alex left Taylor. She didn’t publish the video until 2020 but you can tell that this image is from the filming as it matches the video in terms of lighting and imagery, as well as captioning it Love Corail. She had also posted a pic saying ‘we just fucked’ in either march or may 2018 but has conveniently deleted it now.

Also, the video is cringe as hell and I dare anyone to sit through it in full. She really thinks she’s some mysterious 60’s muse and it’s hilarious.

Just own your shit Pauline and move on. Relationships are complex and none of our business but I will call out bullshit statements about misogyny and lies when she’s completely in the wrong and we have the receipts. She can barely speak English so I suspect Amanda is behind these big words.

I can’t imagine sitting on Instagram all day waiting for ‘hate’ comments to complain about. Just turn the comments off. Voila.

View attachment 2493518
Bruh she’s captioned the picture before (March 2018) “dreams do come true” 😭 and she tagged the “we just fucked” post #badass #wildchild #makelove 😭

Alex’s bar is so inexplicably low it’s hilarious

• Haha
  • Sick

Ugholhere

VIP Member
I imagine the organisers are already lining up their replacement. I'm not sure it'll be left in AMs hands to make the call, as massive as they are. The organisers will need assurances.
so glad the 1975 is already booked to perform somewhere else 😂

• Haha

McQ1989

This video is too good not to share.

Such a weird performance last night. I actually don't mind some of the newer stuff, I understand the need for musicians to evolve. However if you're performing the 'classics' don't play it in the 'new style'. Sing it the way in which made them a hit in the first place.

505 was a disgrace.

• Haha
  • Heart

greenvelvet

VIP Member
I grew up with the Arctic Monkeys and adored their music. I think it embodied what it felt like to be an average young person in the U.K. at the time. I find it interesting that it was so contemporary and more interesting that it is becoming a time capsule of sorts! I didn’t like TBHC as I didn't at all connect with the subject matter

I think it’s cringey and very unfair on each of his girlfriends (whilst he was dating them) that he banged on about Alexa Chung in his songs years after they broke up. he started an affair with Louise while he was touring and was still with Taylor. Louise was a super fan and was obsessed with Alexa Chung (she had Pinterest boards FULL of pictures of Alexa and Alex....) Imagine singing a song for your girlfriend of a few years and then fucking a super fan who models herself after your ex immediately after the gig?? The pictures of her frilly knickers on his piano top makes me want to vomit too (from her Instagram stories I think)

Last edited:
  • Wow

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
I thought it was a bit of an uneven set. They opened with the wrong song (at least for a festival crowd) and that set the tone for the rest of the gig, which took a while to get going.

They sounded good and I enjoyed it for the most part, but also felt it was all a bit too low-key and slow tempo at times. Some of the songs were slowed down to such an extent that made them difficult to sing along to - which is really not what you want at festival.

For all of Alex's (aloof, slightly sneering, a bit sarcastic) onstage persona, he seemed like quite a happy, smiley chap as he was walking offstage and waving to fans.

Lolly505

VIP Member
Did anyone else see the tweets from Matt's girlfriend that he retweeted? I can understand feeling frustrated for a loved one but the whole 'wahhh, we weren't nominated' seems totally against the usual Monkeys agenda, where I'm reminded of Alex's quote after winning multiple BRITs that "As wonderful as it is to be acknowledged for something you've created, I don't necessarily think that the talent, or how good a group of musicians is, is directly proportional to the size of their trophy cabinet."

(Bottom tweet is the first one but wanted to show he's retweeted the full tirade.)
Screenshot_20221211_112425.jpg

Just leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth 🙈

• Haha

geeforthetea

Chatty Member
That Amanda is a big hit for herself, she's nowhere near as attractive as she thinks she is. She's pretty rotten actually.

• Haha

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Did anyone else see the tweets from Matt's girlfriend that he retweeted? I can understand feeling frustrated for a loved one but the whole 'wahhh, we weren't nominated' seems totally against the usual Monkeys agenda, where I'm reminded of Alex's quote after winning multiple BRITs that "As wonderful as it is to be acknowledged for something you've created, I don't necessarily think that the talent, or how good a group of musicians is, is directly proportional to the size of their trophy cabinet."

(Bottom tweet is the first one but wanted to show he's retweeted the full tirade.)
View attachment 1798940

Just leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth 🙈
This is just embarrassing really. Wonder what the rest of the band think of it?

She didn't even get the name of the band right. 'The Arctic Monkey.' 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Mutley98

VIP Member
Norwich was meh.! They didn’t interact with the crowd they just seemed bored, blokes snorting coke in the crowd, lots of hipsters, girls in school uniforms. the hives were amazing really had the crowd going and so much fun

seen the monkeys many times including when dance floor first came out but I’m now done seeing them again ‘don’t believe the hype’

• Sad

Lolly505

VIP Member
I saw them last night and thought they were really good! Even enjoyed Don't Sit Down 😜 At one point, there was a big mass of seagulls circulating the food vans and Alex kept saying "Release the birds! More birds!" (And later during a lull, "Have we got more birds? Did we use 'em all?") 😂

Also I want to know what shampoo he's using because his hair sure has got some volume to it these days 😂

• Haha

greenvelvet

VIP Member
I find this so rank 🤢 the fact both Alex and Matt left their long term partners for fans who swoon over them on Instagram is gross. Especially when Matt’s ex was grieving for her parents at the time 🤮

How could you ever want a relationship with someone who straight up idolises you? At least break up with your current partner ffs. It’s really not hard to be a decent person

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
He can come across a bit surly in interviews at times (though I often think he's just a bit reserved or takes a bit of time to warm to people), but I've never heard anything untoward about him, nor have I ever really gotten 'bad vibes.' If anything, he seems to be a serial monogamist, although I'm sure that like the rest of them (rock stars) whatever happens on tour, stays on tour. I could be totally wrong, of course, because apart from the fact that I think he's a pretty superb lyricist, I don't really know all that much about him. However, I wouldn't really pay much mind to a few anonymous tweets.*

*Awaits for Alex Turner scandal to break now that I've said this!

Interested to hear why you feel something is off with him @trollinhell You could be totally right for all I know! Is it just how he sometimes comes across in interviews etc?

ETA: I've just seen the tweets you posted. Are they talking about Alexandra Savior? (I love her music!)