Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Did anyone else see the tweets from Matt's girlfriend that he retweeted? I can understand feeling frustrated for a loved one but the whole 'wahhh, we weren't nominated' seems totally against the usual Monkeys agenda, where I'm reminded of Alex's quote after winning multiple BRITs that "As wonderful as it is to be acknowledged for something you've created, I don't necessarily think that the talent, or how good a group of musicians is, is directly proportional to the size of their trophy cabinet."

(Bottom tweet is the first one but wanted to show he's retweeted the full tirade.)
View attachment 1798940

Just leaves a bit of a bad taste in the mouth 🙈
omg the “i’m a musician and i know how these things work” 🤦🏼‍♀️

it’s a bad look to retweet it from him (unless he just wanted to acknowledge she’d done it) but also her argument makes no sense. rolling stone are entitled to pick what they truly believe are the best albums of the year, not basing that on big names or streaming hits (and if she’s a musician and knows how these things work then she would know that am still counts for a huge amount of their streaming numbers, not the last two albums). snl are also entitled to pick what bands and artists they want 🤷🏼‍♀️

given that they’re a band who have never craved that type of mainstream recognition (like you say) this seems completely at odds with what their actual ethos is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

greenvelvet

VIP Member
I have not been keeping up to date with Alex turners love life but posting a breakup playlist to social media called "ouchie my heart" is mega cringe
She didn't post it to social media - it was just on her Spotify. Loads of people don't realise that their Spotify is set to public. People lurked her and found the playlist that way. Even if she knowingly posted it publicly, sure, Taylor was a bit annoying for lots of reasons (and actually IIRC was an arsehole at times), but I'm not about to bash her for being sad about her relationship crumbling in that way. Realistically, publicly listening to songs to wallow in your heartbreak isn't that different to writing songs to wallow in your heartbreak.

I dunno, I just don't like the way people are keener to bash his girlfriends for being cringey in heartbreak than they are to bash him for mistreating said girlfriends and generally being a bit off. What like, he cheated on her, but she's cringey and overemotional so there? It's a bit victim blamey (obviously Tattle rules dictate people can say whatever, but that's my 2 cents on this)

Last edited:
  • Heart

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Does anyone have any Tea on Alex Turner? Last year on Twitter I saw some allegations but they seemed to disappear.
I’m a super huge massive fan but always felt something is off with him. My other half wants a tattoo of him or something to do with AM and I’ve told him to hold off, I have bad vibes.

ETA: these are some tweets I’ve found but I’m sure there were different ones I saw, saying pretty much the same thing.
Always thought there was something darker about Alex and Alexandra S’s relationship.
I think the general consensus are that these are a load of bullshit. I think they were very much disproven at the time. I know its so hard to know what to make of allegations because often, women don't have concrete proof and that's why evil people aren't convicted but a tumblr post like that just seems like absolutely the wrong way to go about reporting a predator (I don't even know what the right way would be without coming off like I'm victim shaming). Arctic Monkeys are my absolute favourite ever band so I really hope nothing actually comes out in the future. Alex is a bit of a 'rockstar' in interviews so its hard to know the real him. I think they're fed up of fans always demanding that they make a certain type of music and that's why they try to come off as more mature as a band compared to when they were writing songs about nights out. Not sure how much truth there is to Alex liking young girls - his girlfriends that we know of have always been of age and I feel like someone might've said something by now rather than just a random tumblr post. I know this is an Alex thread but I was watching a podcast where Matt Helders was the guest the other week and he seems absolutely lovely and a gentle soul (and fit af). I've wanted to start an AM rave thread for a while but I hope nothing dodgy comes out about them. What's everyone's favourite album/song?

Last edited:
  • Heart
I don't have any tea on Alex, but I did grow up in Sheffield. I went to sixth form literally across the road from Sheffield Girl's High from 2005-2007, so right around the time that AM were getting big, and I never ever saw AT hanging around. Plus, the roads around there are either busy or residential so even if he was there, it wouldn't have been that weird. That sounds a bit like schoolgirl Chinese whispers.

I once saw him out (this would've been about 2005/2006). I was leaving a now defunct late bar, and I can't remember if he was behind me and also leaving or coming in. Either way, I held the door open and he said "Thanks love" and gave me a polite smile. It only hit me about 5 seconds later who it was. So yeah - my only interaction with him was very minor but perfectly pleasant. I always think back to this when he's being a bit cocky and aloof in interviews.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

orlyb1310

VIP Member
God this woman is so fucking cuckoo. Why is she mentioning Matt’s daughter with his ex wife in a post to her friend/Alex’s gf? She definitely comes across as the kind of step mum to be like ‘aw I’d let you put makeup on/pierce your ears/watch a horror movie but mommy would be angry!’, trying to make her and Matt out to be the goodies and Breanna the baddie. She’s honestly pathetic. Of course there are amazing step mothers who have genuine, beautiful relationships with their step kids but Amanda seems like she’s forcing herself to be obsessed with Matt’s daughter to make Matt like her even more.

aidil

VIP Member
Bree deserves a fucking medal for not losing her shit publicly. I’d be going MENTAL.

orlyb1310

VIP Member
God she’s so fucking embarrassing and Matt retweeting it is even more so. Breanna is well rid.

aac_124

VIP Member
What a pair of dickheads!

Didn't he leave his ex right after her mother (or both her parents?) had died? Don't know much about him or his personal life, but that was such a dick move, it tells me all I need to know. I'd guess he was cheating on her too.
Yep breanas father died then a few months after her mother also died and she said on a podcast that he left the day after her mother’s funeral (like how selfish can you be)

• Sad
  • Wow

no-no

VIP Member
I know this is an Alex thread but Amanda is tragic, 39 going on 24 and acting like a prized limpet.

He’s definitely rebounded from his lovely wife, despite her ickily trying to make out like they were destined to be together and trying to play happy families. I thought it was Carla off Mob Wives if anyone remembers her.

• Haha
  • Wow

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Haha! I like his hair. It could do with a bit of a trim alright, but I think the style suits him. Aware I may be in the minority here! 😄

Reactions: 15

Proseccopals

I was at Glastonbury this year and saw the set live.

The crowd was massive & everyone was really up for it, which I don’t think comes across well on the tv. The excitement for them was building all day - so for them to open with SOAG was a bad decision.

Each song was absolutely huge and everyone was living in the moment - it was the in between of the songs and lack of crowd interaction which let them down. The special thing about Glastonbury is how the artists themselves are enjoying being there. I’ve been to loads of festivals and gigs but I can’t explain the energy the artists give - you watch their dreams come true in that moment. AM didn’t give that energy at all. The blackouts between songs felt soooo long and the chatter to the audience was minimal. I know they’re playing the role of Mr Cool & The Gang these days but there’s no such thing as being too cool to headline Glastonbury. Overall it was a fab performance but I do wish they put more effort in between the songs.

daninicole_xx

Chatty Member
Louise is fucking delusional. She DID get involved with a taken man but I agree it’s ultimately Alex who made that decision. She is a nasty bitch who intentionally posted photos of herself in Alex’s house while Taylor was having a mental breakdown and knew exactly what she was doing.

There is something really off about her and she still acts like a crazed groupie. She needs to get a job. All his other partners had something else going for them besides Alex but Louise is just this unemployed moocher taking her friends along for the ride. I find it hilarious that being a singer in a relationship with one of the most famous frontmen atm has not made one difference to her relevancy or her success in the business.

I’m sure he is in love with her for now but if he can cheat on Taylor after Sweet Dreams TN and matching tattoos, he can leave anyone. Also, it’s very easy to get a tattoo removed, especially script. I’d be fuming if I were her.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I know this is an Alex thread but Amanda is tragic, 39 going on 24 and acting like a prized limpet.

He’s definitely rebounded from his lovely wife, despite her ickily trying to make out like they were destined to be together and trying to play happy families. I thought it was Carla off Mob Wives if anyone remembers her.
she’s 39?! and actually using the phrase “don’t come on MY page” - does she know how twitter actually works 🤣🤣 embarrassing!

absolutely a rebound and the fact that she tries to turn it into a fairytale predestined affair given everything else we know is a bad bad look. she needs to grow up.

• Haha

Nottsgirl

Chatty Member
Sometimes it makes me sad that it seems they turned into exactly the kind of band and people that they used to slag off in the early albums

• Heart

daninicole_xx

Chatty Member
Made me howl 🤣🤣
LOL the Roy Orbison reference is so accurate and was my first thought when I saw them live recently.

I really think Alex is one of the most talented musicians out there but it comes across like he’s either taking the piss, or in his vanity-project era and I don’t think most AM fans have time for that. If AM hadn’t put out their earlier stuff, and emerged on the scene today with their current work, there’s no way they’d draw a large crowd. That’s the simple truth of it.

• Heart

greenvelvet

VIP Member
Naw man his personality’s right off putting and he’s kinda small (petite rather than stocky). How he says “babe” gives me the ick. Why does he pop it like that, like each b is a trampoline? Just say it normally you weirdo

He’ll be absolutely devastated to hear Tattle user Greenvelvet does not want to shag him of course😩 a real loss

• Haha