Alex Steinherr

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I noticed that Alex recently took to Instagram to deny that she uses beauty filters. :oops:
Alex made the following statement in the comments section:

"Some people said I use filters and it's just a shame that people assume everyone is faking it, just because a lot of people do."

So, I'm just going to leave these here ...

#Gaslighting
20AF7DEB-4B5E-4EBA-93CD-85DFB06DFAF7.jpeg
D01BC45A-C138-4F34-AB2C-4630A6BC0065.jpeg
6B1ED6F5-8984-4DE3-8EA2-CE4ABE393A70.jpeg
4B1FEE66-DEBA-4CF5-A1BE-8E6FED9D4588.jpeg

From Estée Lalonde’s stories. Alex catfishing us again 🙄
It's one of the most extreme, shameless catfishing practices I've seen amongst the UK's most prominent content creators.
I'm genuinely amazed at how she agrees to do public appearances knowing others will be snapping unedited photos her on their smart phones and posting them on social media. Her staunch denial of heavily enhancing and distorting her true physical appearance is confounding. Surely, she must know how easily and quickly it is for anyone to find evidence as to what she really looks like through a simple YouTube or Google search.

B848FB17-4EAB-42CC-BD02-D193D8128E05.png

I can't believe no one has commented on the interview she did with Phillip Lim:

And the fact that we can *finally* see her without a filter....! Lovely skin (not surprising) but that is NOT the shape of her face that she presents on Instagram. It's now SO obvious she uses something to distort her face :oops:
Did you see how she recently took to Instagram to deny she uses filters? Unbelievable. There must be some cognitive dissonance going on.

Two side-by-side images I discovered from an Augustinus Bader haircare event.
Basically, a highly filtered image Alex shared versus a separate picture, someone else at the same event snapped of her, getting her hair washed.
You can see the stark difference.
1752D963-01FA-4AEB-BE4C-3B29DE217D06.jpeg
AE4A426C-1193-4B88-BA13-DA89D8EF09A7.jpeg

15628489-35E9-4C7F-A1CD-DEC418375CF5.jpeg
7B94DEDC-6D23-4D9F-A526-F8EF905DE0E3.jpeg
237AE041-CD01-4C65-A5D5-A3A632FCD02E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m glad I was told about this thread... I came across her via Estese and I can’t believe she’s 44. Was she already wealthy?

I think her mum looks adorable, but that is by the by.

Reactions: 6
I’m glad I was told about this thread... I came across her via Estese and I can’t believe she’s 44. Was she already wealthy?

Yeah, judging by her visits back home and snippers of her family home or is it her home? And those lavish holidays so goes on with her partner, she seems like she comes from wealth and money

I wanna know how she makes her face long when shes on video? You can edit yourself rhat much whilst on video?

Reactions: 2
Yeah, judging by her visits back home and snippers of her family home or is it her home? And those lavish holidays so goes on with her partner, she seems like she comes from wealth and money

I wanna know how she makes her face long when shes on video? You can edit yourself rhat much whilst on video?
Does she have a partner? I’ve noticed she’ll often post her brother when they’re on trips and almost imply he’s her partner. Very odd.

Came through the esteé thread as well, shocked. Shocked at the use of filter and that Amelia Liana still looks older than this chick.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Technology for beauty and special effects filters have become extremely sophisticated. It's better than ever. Just look at 'Deep Fake' videos. The FaceApp, for example, allows you to film yourself in motion looking quite convincing as a child version of yourself. It can also apply a flattering beauty filter that gives you the appearance of flawless skim, a slimmer nose etc in video mode which doesn't suddenly stall or glitch like the old, less-sophisticated SnapChat filters.

If you're talking about Alex's mum, I agree. I think Alex's mum is beautiful and seems very sweet. Alex shared a photo of her mother in her youth and she looked nothing like Alex to me so Alex must take after her father. I may not approve of Alex's dishonesty when it comes to using beauty filters but I think her relationship with her mother is very sweet.

She makes her head almost crescent shaped🌙

She should just own how she looks. She looks fine without the filters!
View attachment 1098908
Yes! The video filter she employs gives her face a crescent moon or banana shape. I don't know how Alex expects no one to notice.

And I agree, Alex is an attractive woman without the filters but she's using filters to try and present a delicate, skinny, feline 20-something aesthetic when she's a good looking, matronly middle-aged woman. Nobody finds concealment and dishonesty appealing and sexy.

I'm constantly marvelling at how Alex expects people not to notice how drastically different she appears depending on which platform she's on. Her face appears so elongated, pointy and gaunt in her Sunday Facial videos and personal make-up tutorials BUT then, her face appears very round and plump; often with a prominent double chin during her Instagram Live interviews. Although, she definitely applies a blurring filter and uses a strong ring light for the Instagram Live interviews. So many times, I'm seeing Alex in her Instagram Live videos, strongly lit with ring lights with blurry skin whilst her Instagram Live guests look "normal" - happily showing their natural human skin texture because they're secure enough to be filmed without all the "vanity technology".

Alex's efforts to present this highly perfected version of herself is weirdly sloppy at times when she vehemently denies using beauty filters, THEN she'll mention in passing all the time, "I have a very round face" and then she presents us with this elongated, gaunt, 'long pointy chin' face in her Sunday Facials and make-up tutorials. Then she becomes snarkily defensive and offended when people call her out for using filters heavily. Or when followers merely ask her politely if she uses filters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Have you noticed in her latest lives she isn’t using the filters as much? Especially the ones in what I think is her living room? She’s clearly gained weight (nothing wrong with that) but the filters of her face make her look as someone said above like a skinny 20 year old. I’ve seen her in real life in Selfridges. Skin is flawless. Her face is not that shape. Also if it bothers her that much she has access to the best dr’s to get jawline filler or air lipo to her chin!

Reactions: 3
This makes her look like she has a pin head. It’s either a really unfortunate angle, or she’s built like Lurch. Tbh, I wish she would do more full length shots. I’m tall and neither slim nor overweight, but I’m quite broad, which I’m guessing is Alex’s shape, too? But she just hides it 🙁

E575D37A-E61A-4F2B-AC01-9B7B459328A0.png

Reactions: 1
It's so sad to see her try to hide her body and distort it on her Instagram, it just sends a negative message to everyone else, as if people weren't self conscious already. And since she's already blessed with good genes and great skin why mess with it more with filters, just so disingenuous. This obsession of being model thin, perfect and looking like a 20 year old till someone is 80 is exhausting to watch.

Reactions: 4
Have you noticed in her latest lives she isn’t using the filters as much? Especially the ones in what I think is her living room? She’s clearly gained weight (nothing wrong with that) but the filters of her face make her look as someone said above like a skinny 20 year old. I’ve seen her in real life in Selfridges. Skin is flawless. Her face is not that shape. Also if it bothers her that much she has access to the best dr’s to get jawline filler or air lipo to her chin!
Yes, I have noticed she's not being as careful to filter and distort her face shape when filming some recent videos but then, she'll go back to using face shape-changing filters the very next day which just makes it more acutely obvious that she does use filters.

The side-by-side photos below was literally her one evening, in her bathroom with a full, plump face and then the next day, she's looking gaunt in the face again.

I noticed a few months ago, a follower left a comment, saying they had noticed that Alex has an asymmetrical jawline but that was literally all the commenter said. They literally just wrote something like, "You have quite an asymmetrical jaw, Alex." and then followed up with some question about how Alex contours to create more symmetry. Alex seemed triggered and reacted quite strongly to this comment, accusing the person of being rude, hurtful and pointing out her flaws.

I've seen Alex in real life too and I feel nobody is disputing the fact she has very nice skin. She has great skin in terms of being blemish and hyper-pigmentation-free which is enviable. It's the fact she uses apps to blur and smooth out her expression lines and wrinkles and then drastically alters her face shape to look much younger and skinnier which, for a beauty journalist who once posted a statement, "my skin is not retouched. How could I give credible advice if I then faked my own face"? - well, it's just wilful, blatant dishonesty and it's unethical.

7813E40C-8623-4045-A70E-CE339386C369.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 8
This makes her look like she has a pin head. It’s either a really unfortunate angle, or she’s built like Lurch. Tbh, I wish she would do more full length shots. I’m tall and neither slim nor overweight, but I’m quite broad, which I’m guessing is Alex’s shape, too? But she just hides it 🙁

View attachment 1100427
For someone as accomplished and as seemingly intelligent as Alex, I just marvel at how she doesn't expect anyone to notice how odd her image appears to us. Like you've pointed out in this picture, the dimensions of her face and body look strange in a way that nobody can quite put their finger on. Nobody, not even supermodels have skin this oddly "perfected". As I've said before, her face is filtered, she almost looks animated. It's the extreme blurring for me. This is Kardashian-Jenner level of deceit. How long does she think she can keep this up? Into her 50s? 60s?
I'm in full support of using good lighting and flattering angles. We all want to put our best foot forward but I just help but cringe and frown when I see Alex go to these lengths of deception. I strongly suspect she has some degree of body dysmorphia.

It's so sad to see her try to hide her body and distort it on her Instagram, it just sends a negative message to everyone else, as if people weren't self conscious already. And since she's already blessed with good genes and great skin why mess with it more with filters, just so disingenuous. This obsession of being model thin, perfect and looking like a 20 year old till someone is 80 is exhausting to watch.
It is sad. It's easy to conclude that perhaps a 20+ year career as a beauty editor or director and spending a lot of time around freakishly beautiful models and celebrities feeds insecurities and body dysmorphia. We can all sympathise with the immense pressure many women feel to look youthful, slender and conventionally pretty. Social media and it's abundance of face-altering apps has made many of us feel disappointed with what we see in the mirror.

To be frank, half of me feels like I'm being a real dick, taking to this forum to criticise Alex this harshly and I have felt guilty about it because I used to be fond of her social media persona and content and I genuinely believe she's not a bad person and is probably quite a nice person. However, when I noticed she was going a bit mental with the filters and then reacting with a lot of hostility to anyone who dared ask about it, no matter how *politely*, I just become much less fond of her as a personality and watching her post statements, asserting her professional integrity and denying she uses beauty filters at all - and even going as far as implying that anyone who suspects her of using filters is just jealous of her, 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️ - (SIGH) it's just not appealing. To be blunt, I just think she makes herself look kinda lame. If she had the balls to say, "You know what? YES, I use filters! I use them because I enjoy them, they give me a confidence boost and I will continue using them ..." I'd be more approving.

I have to admit, I've developed a fascination with her wilful dishonesty on this issue. Psychologically, this is fascinating to me - the cognitive dissonance. I really am gobsmacked by her outright denials and the repeated assertion that she really does look like this when there's overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I just think as a content creator with a lot of followers, many of whom probably needlessly squander a lot of their hard-earned money on Alex's skincare recommendations, she's doing a disservice to her fellow women.

I just cannot fathom using filters as heavily as Alex does and feel comfortable enough to deny it publicly. I'd wither from guilt and shame. It would eat away at me.

I also wonder if other prominent influencers like Caroline Hirons, Samantha Chapman, Nicky Chapman, Estée Lalonde etc who know Alex and have met her many, many times read her 'filter denial' statements on Instagram and cringe a bit at her dishonesty and complete lack of transparency. Getty Images don't lie.

5767232C-9265-40BA-989C-966F6E40AFFE.jpeg

Reactions: 3
She has been doing it for years. I used to follow her IG account and then I saw her on This morning and couldn't believe it was the same woman!

Reactions: 4
I wonder how many people have bought her skincare and makeup recommendations thinking they can achieve her same blurred skin (I know I have, silly me!). If she's willing to be so disingenuous about her appearance then I'm sure she's the same with products.

I mean, seriously ... this image that shows how Alex presented herself on Instagram VERSUS a picture somebody else took at the same event (an Augustinus Bader haircare launch) - I have such intense second-hand embarrassment at how she is willing to be this outrageously deceitful.
My friends would crucify me if I tried to pull this sh*t. They'd give me the reality check I needed right away.

Also, isn't it more sensible as a beauty content creator to have people be pleasantly surprised when they meet you in person rather than create a scenario in which your followers are baffled and disappointed when they see what you "really look like"?

It's like catfishing on dating apps. You're just risking a very awkward encounter of your own making.

Anyway, I'll lay off the Alex slander now. Just felt compelled to vent excessively because I just find this level of active deceit a little unsettling. Maybe Alex deserves more compassion from me. This behaviour is probably driven by deep insecurity and some degree of self-loathing which is very sad and I do not want that for any woman. I just think we need to abolish crazy beauty filters and start re-training our senses to appreciate sensible standards of beauty.

1752D963-01FA-4AEB-BE4C-3B29DE217D06.jpeg

Reactions: 6