Alex Steinherr

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have also met her IRL and she’s much more like she is in the video, although it does look like she’s gained a little weight (which I’m certainly not criticising ). She’s pretty tall and has a really vivacious personality - I warmed to her a lot but completely agree with the filtering - it’s mad to think you are selling skincare but filter the hell out of everything.

Reactions: 7
It's all filters and angles with Alex, figured that out a while ago. There's another Augustinus Bader video from a few weeks earlier and she looks about 2 sizes smaller.

Reactions: 2
Wow, her before and now after of how hard she filters the heck out of her photos
This has to be one of the most shocking "transformations" I've seen on SM. I've never seen Alex in person but this is an uncanny level of deception!

what's this accident she had and why is she being so coy about it? she has a bruise on her chin and mentioned it on her stories but when people asked, she didn't respond?! She mentioned it was shocking...?!

what's this accident she had and why is she being so coy about it? she has a bruise on her chin and mentioned it on her stories but when people asked, she didn't respond?! She mentioned it was shocking...?!
I thought I had missed the bit when she explained what happened!

Apparently she felt on the stairs… that is the reason why she has not been online as much. I mean, end of the world, right? 🙄
I’m kind of relieved she has been a bit absent because her posts have been mostly ads, nonstop almost. Cheap brands included. It seems like she can’t say no to ££££, which is fine, but then don’t pretend that you are very picky and that you only work with brands you love.
Also, she has now on her profile “journalist” 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Ugh, she's so disingenuous in every way. Used to love Alex but I find her so fake now.

Reactions: 4
she needs to stop with the damn filters in EVERY pic and the many lights she uses in videos which blurs everything

Reactions: 5
Can't stand her. A waffling phoney. All ads. Like many say she doesn't look like her online persona at all, she's very chinny in real life.

• Haha
Her face is so strange, having a tit tonne of lights in front of you is still consider filters! She looks drastically sifferent with no lights and when seen from others photos
Agree, it is almost a whole different face.
I think she uses filters as well, specially, to elongate her face. It is sickening how far her and others go to hide their insecurities. So sad…

I am very surprised that Alessandra permits herself to be filmed for these interviews by third parties who don't use the same angles, lighting and filters that she so carefully employs to present an enhanced aesthetic for social media. You'd think someone who is clearly very self-conscious about how she appears on camera would not want to risk being exposed by third party production teams who aren't so concerned with blurring her skin and elongating her face with filters or strategic camera angles.

I used to be fond of Alex and her Instagram content but I became far less enamoured with her once I noticed her using beauty filters quite excessively; not solely because she chooses to distort the appearance of her face to appear younger and slender than she really is, but because she audaciously *denies* doing so. I attach a statement and a side-by-side, before-and-after-makeup photo Alex posted on Instagram back in 2016 that I found rather dishonest and a little insulting to my intelligence. "...because I don't blur my skin" she wrote. I can't imagine being so blatantly dishonest when the evidence is right there for everyone to see.

In my opinion - which I know nobody has asked for - it felt disingenuous that Alex would attempt to deny the habit of blurring/filtering her selfies by posting two side-by-side selfies in which her complexion has *visibly* been softly blurred. Anyone with the power of sight and reasonable intelligence is able to recognise a blurred, beauty-filtered selfie when we see one.

Content Creators Caroline Hirons, Samantha Chapman, Charlotte Palermino AND Katie Jane Hughes allow us to see their real skin texture - at least, occasionally. They'll show you their dark circles, their fine lines and hyper-pigmentation. However, the appearance of Alex's complexion and face shape are so unnaturally perfected and distorted in every single Instagram post.

Alex has every right to post digitally beautified images of herself if that's what her heart desires but what I take issue with is how she flat-out denies in absolute terms that she has done so when confronted. I can't help but marvel at the audacity of denying what is so painfully obvious. Instead, Alex insists she is just naturally blessed with great skin and that she simply takes excellent care of her complexion. Yes, Alex has exceptionally good skin. I have seen her in person on Westbourne Grove and yes, she has a blemish-free, healthy, well-hydrated complexion but she is in her 40s and her face shape is quite different to the snatched, elongated face shape we see presented in her Sunday Facial Instagram videos. (see photo attached)

Alex seems like a good-natured person on the whole and I don't think she intended to exhibit toxic practices but it seems somewhat unethical for beauty journalists; especially those who champion themselves as "being honest" to use beauty filters/retouching apps as excessively as Alex clearly does AND deny it!

You only have to search YouTube videos of Alex on other people's channels or go to Getty Images to see how drastically different she actually looks compared to the carefully curated aesthetic she presents on her own social media accounts. It is fraudulent and it's such a shame because Alex is an attractive woman without the filters. Like the rest of us, she's just not a 25 year old supermodel. Alas, this is the kind of practice social media has driven most of its users to.

I strongly suspect Alex has developed some degree of body dysmorphia which is understandable because of social media and its powerful, toxic culture of impossibly high and unrealistic beauty standards. I just wish that as a woman in her 40s who is so accomplished, and especially as a Beauty Journalist, Alex would demonstrate some transparency and recognise how it's unethical to tell your followers you have never use smoothing beauty filters when you blatantly have.

Every time a follower praises Alex's skin on a heavily filtered IG post, Alex simply accepts the compliment and alludes to the claim that she's just blessed with naturally flawless skin. And every time I've seen another follower politely confront Alex about her use of filters, moments later, the comment has been deleted no matter how respectfully it was expressed.

I'm just astonished at how wilfully dishonest Alex has been about her use of filters or retouching apps. It's akin to Kylie Jenner denying she had lip fillers.

I just wonder if the UK will follow in Norway's footsteps and impose a law which requires influencers to declare any use of beauty filters or retouching apps on social media. I imagine that will be something Alex would be quite reluctant to do.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I can't believe no one has commented on the interview she did with Phillip Lim:

And the fact that we can *finally* see her without a filter....! Lovely skin (not surprising) but that is NOT the shape of her face that she presents on Instagram. It's now SO obvious she uses something to distort her face :oops:
I hadn’t seen the Philip Lim interview but damn, it really exposes how excessively she manipulates the appearance of her face on her own Instagram account.

Attachments

• Wow
Shes put on weight?
Should probably clarify: Absolutely nothing wrong with the way she looks. I think she's beautiful. It's the deception I hate. Her IG photos and videos imply she has a completely different face and body.

Reactions: 6
Should probably clarify: Absolutely nothing wrong with the way she looks. I think she's beautiful. It's the deception I hate. Her IG photos and videos imply she has a completely different face and body.
Yeah shes known for using filters to death