Aldi & Lidl #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do Lidl do the flavoured micro rice? I am fed up with looking for the coriander and lemon ones in Aldi and my friend is going to take me for a rare visit to Lidl tomorrow. Prefer savoury to sweet - any suggestions. It was my go to shop when we lived in Spain but I don't have one that near to me now so it is going to be a treat (I hope) Love the sourdough seeded over M and S so going to stock up and freeze.

Reactions: 2
Do Lidl do the flavoured micro rice? I am fed up with looking for the coriander and lemon ones in Aldi and my friend is going to take me for a rare visit to Lidl tomorrow. Prefer savoury to sweet - any suggestions. It was my go to shop when we lived in Spain but I don't have one that near to me now so it is going to be a treat (I hope) Love the sourdough seeded over M and S so going to stock up and freeze.
Yes they do chicken, veg and I’m sure peri-peri 😊

Reactions: 1
Quick question. Is anyone aware of block mozzarella that you can grate yourself? Not the squidgy ball type. I've seen low carb recipes in America using it.

Quick question. Is anyone aware of block mozzarella that you can grate yourself? Not the squidgy ball type. I've seen low carb recipes in America using it.
Definitely seen it in other supermarkets but don't recollect seeing it in Lidl or Adli. They do have bags of pre-grated mozzarella though which is obviously not the wet ball stype.
---
I aklways call block mozzarella Danish mozzarella though I have no idea if it is or not!

Reactions: 1
Just been to Lidl and the pain suisse were still warm. Absolute game changer!!!
I had a cold one. It was ok, but I wondered if it would have been nicer if it was warmer. 🤔
I got some Good Housekeeping recommended beetroot burgers to try and no refined sugar granola as almond, coconut and cashew sounded nice.
Googled best way to have the burgers - with salad, chips and mayonnaise. Great combination. 😋
I think Lidl is growing on me. 😁

I think it's Lee-dul" ?
That’s how I’ve always known it to be pronounced but, in the UK at least, most seem to pronounce it the other way (Lidl like fiddle) so I always feel a bit daft pronouncing it as it’s supposed to be so don’t 😂

Reactions: 4
Nah I’m English so I say ‘Liddle’ and ‘Parriss’ and ‘Spain’ rather than how the natives pronounce them.

Slight tangent but isn’t it odd how TK Maxx is TJ Maxx in America? I wonder why.

Reactions: 5
Nah I’m English so I say ‘Liddle’ and ‘Parriss’ and ‘Spain’ rather than how the natives pronounce them.

Slight tangent but isn’t it odd how TK Maxx is TJ Maxx in America? I wonder why.
They changed it to TK Maxx to avoid confusion with TJ Hughes

Reactions: 9
That’s how I’ve always known it to be pronounced but, in the UK at least, most seem to pronounce it the other way (Lidl like fiddle) so I always feel a bit daft pronouncing it as it’s supposed to be so don’t 😂
Me too. Liddle as in fiddle. I suppose it's same with Awldee & Aaldee. That one is harder to spell.

• Haha
I bought the Deluxe Carrot Cake in Lidl today for no reason other than I had a coupon for it and I'm greedy and I just had a slice and OMG it's heaven.

Highly recommend.

1714056695636.png

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Lee - dul - My German neighbours didn't know who we were talking about when we said Liddle and laughed when we told them which shop we meant. Now we are back in UK it is now Liddle again, same with Ikea :)

Reactions: 6
Has anyone tried the garlic puff from the Lidl bakery? I saw the sign for it but my shop was all sold out of them (which it is probably a good sign!) 😅